Skype with Omnia i900

Guest erichowe

Guest Vik Star
Hi

Has anyone managed to upload Skype to Omnia i900 and wats its performance?

Tks

I've used it on a wireless router its fine as long you have a good signal(pretty close to wireless router)

VP

Guest zhiiii
Hi

Has anyone managed to upload Skype to Omnia i900 and wats its performance?

Tks

Start up of skype is very slow, but then it works just like a normal fone once its setup for runs.

i use it through 3g HSDPA n it works quite well, but i dun get charged soo, u hav to watch out for ur 3g charges if u do use 3g.

wifi, works better, im about 12M away from AP n signal is still very strong.

Guest erichowe

Hi Vik Star

I only want to use Skype via wifi. But what Skype version did u install.

I read in the Skype community website, that skype is still not compatible with Omnia i900.

Tks

I've used it on a wireless router its fine as long you have a good signal(pretty close to wireless router)

VP

Guest Simon1973
Hi Vik Star

I only want to use Skype via wifi. But what Skype version did u install.

I read in the Skype community website, that skype is still not compatible with Omnia i900.

Tks

Just install the Latest Winmo version!.. the only 'Incompatability' is its not made fot the 240x400 screen.. so there's a blank bit at the bottom whilst the program boots!...

Other than that I've got it working fine on 3G and Wi-Fi on my Omnia with Sectors L2 v6.5 Winmo!... <_<

Edited by Simon1973

• 9 months later...
Guest thescope

Yeah I use 3.0 and it works just fine.

At home I ues Wifi about 10-15M from router where my Laptop is..

Outside I use 3G

I get calls as fast as they are dialed out, realy fast.

Quality is a bit annoying try to Enable "Echo Cancelation" in the options, and if you like me hate the keypad tones you can take that off as well.

Guest kimitza

try using nimbuzz. it has all the skype features(and not only). you can also make voice calls from yahoo, msn and other. it's free and if you want and can afford, you can buy credits for international VoIP. Look and try <_<

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest BorisGVG

How to install tihs Skype?

Get the CAB file in your Storage Card, NOT in My Storage, cuz if you do Hard Reset sometimes, it will delete the cab and all files stored there, but if you store the cab file in Storage Card, it will be there and after a Hard Reset, you can install it from there, don't have to upload it on your phone again. Keep all your .CAB files in the Storage Card in case you will need them again for a new installation or so. Make a folder in the Storage Card, let say you name it CAB Files, and keep all your cab files there.

And for the installation, here are the steps in case you didn't read the whole thread or search on google:

1. Upload the CAB file in your Storage Card.

2. Click on CAB file to install, and wait for the screen where you have to choose where to install.

3. Install it in My Storage (it works from there, you don't have to install it in Device memory)

4. Once the installation finish, close the installation dialog and Soft Reset your phone (it is not necessary, but it doesn't hurts to do that "just in case" )

5. Go to Start Menu and search the Skype icon, run it and you are good to go. :)