Windows Mobile 6.5 Kitchen

Guest sector

Guest DominikZ
I'm trying to do that!

When i finish i'll post it!

Thanks.. if it works: can you post a Tutorial on how to do that? Step by step? ;)

Guest DominikZ
How to manually translate a ROM from english to romanian?

What are the tools or/and the steps?

Now you got the right Thread :)

first of all: Download a ported and working SYS/XIP. I would recommend the 21812 on the first page, as it works fine without any changes.

Secondly you need a base rom. I recommend using DXID1. This way you do not have to port the xip.bin on your own.

On the first page you have got different Language files. Unfortunately, as you can see there are no romanian language files at the moment.

If you decide to use another language download the files and then delete all the Lang_0409 files in your SYS directory and replace them with the Lang files you chose.

Now you have to follow the turorial of sector..

Guest Borna Ionut
Now you got the right Thread :)

first of all: Download a ported and working SYS/XIP. I would recommend the 21812 on the first page, as it works fine without any changes.

Secondly you need a base rom. I recommend using DXID1. This way you do not have to port the xip.bin on your own.

On the first page you have got different Language files. Unfortunately, as you can see there are no romanian language files at the moment.

If you decide to use another language download the files and then delete all the Lang_0409 files in your SYS directory and replace them with the Lang files you chose.

Now you have to follow the turorial of sector..

I could translate to romanian an english ROM, right?

But how ? Time I have enough to translate!

I could port the language from an HTC 6.1 ROM (SONE_v2.1_WWE_EE_noopoldie) or translate manually an 6.5 ROM?

Guest smaury
I could translate to romanian an english ROM, right?

But how ? Time I have enough to translate!

I could port the language from an HTC 6.1 ROM (SONE_v2.1_WWE_EE_noopoldie) or translate manually an 6.5 ROM?

First: do you know how to cook a wm 6.1 ROM??

Second: do you know how to cook a WM 6.5 ROM (did you ever cooked one)??

Do you know what MUIs are??

Guest DominikZ

Hi smaury:

allready ported the 23009?

I've got three questions:

I don't know how :) but I somehow changed the calibration background to grey.. You know where to edit that?

and secondly: How can I set the samsung keyboard as default? When copying the Lang 407 files to my SYS the Windows Keyboard is set as default

thirdly: How can I rename "My Storage" to the German Expression "Interner Speicher"?

Hope you can help me.

thanks.

Edited by DominikZ

Guest Borna Ionut
First: do you know how to cook a wm 6.1 ROM??

Second: do you know how to cook a WM 6.5 ROM (did you ever cooked one)??

Do you know what MUIs are??

Yes!!

But I am interested in an romanian 6.5 ROM

Guest smaury
Yes!!

But I am interested in an romanian 6.5 ROM

u can translate english MUIs with Platform Bulder u find in Windows CE embedded 5.0

Guest pepech
Hi smaury:

allready ported the 23009?

I've got three questions:

I don't know how :) but I somehow changed the calibration background to grey.. You know where to edit that?

and secondly: How can I set the samsung keyboard as default? When copying the Lang 407 files to my SYS the Windows Keyboard is set as default

thirdly: How can I rename "My Storage" to the German Expression "Interner Speicher"?

Hope you can help me.

thanks.

for the first , if the background is grey during calibration , it means that your porting is defective ; I advice you to check first if all the .rgu in the SYS folder , and in the xip folder are HIDDEN , READONLY andARCHIVE ticked

for the two , you can add a registry line into your CSC folder .reg file

for your third question , you have to find all the occurences in the .rgu , provxml , initflash.dat , in OEM , XIP , and SYS folders for My Storage and replace them by what the name you want

Guest DominikZ
for the first , if the background is grey during calibration , it means that your porting is defective ; I advice you to check first if all the .rgu in the SYS folder , and in the xip folder are HIDDEN , READONLY andARCHIVE ticked

for the two , you can add a registry line into your CSC folder .reg file

for your third question , you have to find all the occurences in the .rgu , provxml , initflash.dat , in OEM , XIP , and SYS folders for My Storage and replace them by what the name you want

Thanks for your reply.

Seems to be a lot of work :)

To the Calibration Screen, and grey background in messaging: If I activate Classic Blue f.e. it gets white again. Sure it is because of the attributes?

BTW: What shall that line look like?

DefaultIM=''Samsung Keyboard'' ?

what's just funny is that it worked fine with lang_0409 files. so i thought it must be sth. in Lang_0407 folders..

EDIT: Trying to get Titanium Weather working on my Rom. problem is, that it gets installed to\Programme instead of Program Files.

So I unpacked the cab with cab2pkg and changed the registry settings. But when I try to pack it again I get the following message: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2628/pkg2cab.png

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by DominikZ

Guest Nicklashidegard

Is there any way of getting rid of the help icon / content??

Seems like it's stored on the phone and must be taking up a lot of space...

Fanks

Guest shokka9
Is there any way of getting rid of the help icon / content??

Seems like it's stored on the phone and must be taking up a lot of space...

Fanks

Surely must be, i nearly did it a while back...

look in the init*.dat in lang dir in OEM....search for help....i think its in there...then delete the files it refers to from the OEMApps dir...

That should do it...

It doesnt take that much space really. I used to remove Opera help also, but now i totally remove Opera so dont have to :)

Some thing are not wroth removing due to the size and difficulty of them

Let me know if that works for u. If i was at home i could probably give you the correct filenames etc to remove or look at.

Good lcuk

Guest Nicklashidegard
Surely must be, i nearly did it a while back...

look in the init*.dat in lang dir in OEM....search for help....i think its in there...then delete the files it refers to from the OEMApps dir...

That should do it...

It doesnt take that much space really. I used to remove Opera help also, but now i totally remove Opera so dont have to :)

Some thing are not wroth removing due to the size and difficulty of them

Let me know if that works for u. If i was at home i could probably give you the correct filenames etc to remove or look at.

Good lcuk

Ok, thanks mate.. I'll have play around and see what i can find..

I do agree that a lot of things aren't worth removing.. but i can't belive how large opera is!!! can't wait for a decent Fennec version...

thanks again

Guest DominikZ

smaury you got the the 23009 already ported?

btw: i finally solved the sms bug. Don't know if you got it too. Tell me if you wanna know..

Guest smaury

I've ported 21928 build and i'm going to finish 23009 porting, but they gives so many problems, for example SMSs doesnt works in all modes....

How did you solved it, if it works with this builds too i'll upload them!!

Guest DominikZ

Cool. You're a genious. Can you, if you have time open a new thread and write a how to port sys/xip? Than I can help you for the next release.

It'll definately work: In your OEM Apps folder you have got 2 folders named: USSDPh1.exe and USSDPh2.exe.

Next, if you already haven't got a original ROM in you language dumped do so and replace these 2 folders from your rom with the original ones.

Secondly you gonna need USSDPh1.exe.****(Language CODE).mui and USSDPH1.exe.****.mui from this original rom and copy them to your OEM Apps folder. Don't forget, after dumping your XIP to change values from in boot.rgu from 409 to what's your language code.

EDIT: What i forgot: If you follow these steps it migh still happen, that you can't open SMS: delete the files from Redist_Lang**** and replace them with the ones from 6.1.

What might also help is replacing the Metadata folder with the one from the 6.1 ROM.

This is by the way how you translate the Samsung Programs too, if you didn't know. Just copy the mui files needed to your OEM Apps folder.

I hope this'll help and I'm looking forward to your releases =)

btw: How can I disable sms threaded mode?

Edited by DominikZ

Guest smaury

THANKS! I'm trying to do that! When i finish, if it works i'll post the SYS, if it wont works i'll pass to you the SYS with a PM so we can try to solve it togheter ok??

For the tutorial i'll send you in private! OK?