Nodata not blocking all data usage?

Guest kidwithshirt

Guest kidwithshirt

Hey I just got an LG incite and I installed NoData since I don't have a data plan.

I keep getting these tiny packets being sent to att

05/27 02:27 AM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 5KB  05/27 02:15 AM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 5KB  05/26 08:01 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 5KB  05/26 07:42 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 5KB  05/26 07:23 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 5KB  05/26 04:27 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 5KB  05/26 04:26 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 5KB  05/26 01:43 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 7KB  05/26 01:36 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 1KB  05/26 01:35 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 1KB  05/25 05:45 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 8KB  05/25 04:21 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 5KB  05/25 04:16 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 8KB  05/25 04:12 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 5KB  05/25 04:11 PM																					   [url="java script:openPAB("]wap.cingular[/url]																												Internet/MEdia Net					  Sent 1KB

And I want these to stop. Because after a while they probably do add up.

I am using Wifi also and sometimes the connection of wifi isn't too stable, perhaps software then attempts to access the mobile network as an alternative?

Also, I still have "3g" displayed on top of my phone, is that normal? When I click it it says no connection is active though.

Guest Alex So Fly

In connection settings try clearing your ISP, PROXY SERVER OR ANYTHING THAT DEALS WITH THE ATT GPRS DATA. Then turn off your wifi and try using the internet. If it says cannot connect with current connection setttings then you should be good to go. Then you won't be able to use the internet at all unless you connect to a wifi connection.