.cpl file editor

Guest Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm

Is there by chance an application similar to cHome Editor that will allow you to modify thwe .cpl files directly on the phone? I am no good with XML and would like to just make the Home Tabs taller when I move to it.

Guest blazingwolf
Is there by chance an application similar to cHome Editor that will allow you to modify thwe .cpl files directly on the phone? I am no good with XML and would like to just make the Home Tabs taller when I move to it.

Do you mean the cpr files? None that I know of right now.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest Rob Storm
Do you mean the cpr files? None that I know of right now.

Yea, sorry for the typo, .cpr

What are the settings in the .cpr file that handle the height of the tab when active tab?

Guest blazingwolf
Yea, sorry for the typo, .cpr

What are the settings in the .cpr file that handle the height of the tab when active tab?

That I can't tell you as I have no idea.

Guest Dblocker

I don't know of any good xml editor for the phone. What I do is copy the .cpr file over to my laptop, change the extension from cpr to xml and open it in the free Microsoft XML Notepad. This is a great tool that makes it much easier to see the structure of the xml and edit the entries without messing something up. Yes it's a little pain moving the file back and forth, but this is a really nice editor.

Each panel shows up as 2 "layers" in the editor - one layer for Condensed and the other for Expanded. You'll see the Height and Width attributes for each layer that you can adjust as desired.