A problem with the latest Xperia X1 ROM

Guest David Strange

Guest David Strange

I've just flashed the ROM of my Xperia to the latest version (one of today's news items), always a nerve-racking experience. Everything appears to have worked fine apart from that some of the icons in the Programs folder flash. Odd, eh? Anyone else experienced this and, more to the point, have a solution?

Cheers,

David.

Guest David Strange

Solved!

If you go to the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ directory in something like Resco File Explorer and set the properties of the .lnk files which flash to read only they'll stop flashing. Easy when you spend mere hours fiddling:)

David.

PS: It occurs to me that should you want to uninstall one of the applcations with a read only icon you'll have to change the properties back to be able to remove the icon.

Edited by David Strange

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sinet2020

Hi David

I have an issue back from the rom my X1 came with. On random calls, Wifi turns itsself on.

I am also having a very erratic battery life. It has varied from 20% left in a day to 80% with similar usage!

Cheers

Simon

Guest David Strange

Hi Simon,

I've noticed battery life seems a lot better with the new ROM. I didn't have any specific problems with the old one, but it is good to keep up with these things.

Cheers,

David.

Guest PaulF

Hi

Have you noticed any improvement in signal strength / reliaibility with the R3 update?

What Radio version is your phone running on now? Mine's on 1.10.25.18 (running R2AA010 Rom)

Thanks

Guest PaulF

Just done the upgrade,

Now running

Rom 1.05.931.10

Radio 1.14.25.55

Software R3AA010

Signal Strength seems to be a little better than it has been previously (only been a few minutes, so may be too early to tell).

I may leave my phone 'un customised' for a day or so and see how it is (to make sure it isn't the apps that was causing my connectivity problems).

Guest sinet2020

I would say signal is a little better too. Battery seems to have settle quite well now. I may have been really hammering it and not realised!

What I have notice over the last few days is.... Calls on my parrot don't seem to have the clarity they had and I seem to be getting more lag when things are loading.

To be honest, This is probably going to be my last WinMo. This is my 3rd in a row and I have had a few IPaqs too. I don't really think Winmo will get any better than this. It has been the only thing that has ticked important boxes for me. Android is looking very likely as my next upgrade. Microsoft have got nearly a year to change my mind! lol

Simon