best deal on Touch Pro 2?

Guest unknown-singh

Guest unknown-singh

my current contract ends in a couple of weeks and i really want to get the HTC TOUCH PRO2 so just wondered what is the best contract you have found or seen?

cheers. <_<

Guest unknown-singh

Ill start

the only deals i have found at the moment are at:

mobilephonesdirect

best deals are

18 months - Free Touch pro 2:

1. T mobile combi 35 + WnW:
    800 minutes, Unlimited texts, unlimited web, 3 months free insurance for £39.15 per month

12 Months - Touch pro 2 £101.99:

1. T-Mobile Combi 35 + WnW
    500 minutes, 375 texts, Unlimited web, 3 months free insurance for £39.15 per month

personally i am just coming out of a 18 month contract (Tytn II) in 3 weeks, this time i would like to go for a 12 month contract , although the 18 month deal is good.

I wonder if orange will pick this up by then? see what "upgrade" they can offer me although they do seem to ruin wm devices with there branding/customizations.

:D

Guest GordonTGopher

The advantage of Mobilephonesdirect is they are selling HTC branded devices, rather than the carriers own version, which means that you will be able to upgrade to WM 6.5 as soon as HTC release the update instead of waiting for TMob / Orange / whoever to release their version.

The downside is support / repairs will not be from the carrier it will be MPD / HTC and from what I hear HTC are not rapid! I'm hanging onto my Kaiser as a spare in case I have problems!

Off to town in a few mins to pick up mine on Voda £30 +web, free on a two yr contract. I know it's a long time but it's a free phone for £5 a month less than I'm paying Tmob.

Gordon

Guest unknown-singh
The advantage of Mobilephonesdirect is they are selling HTC branded devices, rather than the carriers own version, which means that you will be able to upgrade to WM 6.5 as soon as HTC release the update instead of waiting for TMob / Orange / whoever to release their version.

The downside is support / repairs will not be from the carrier it will be MPD / HTC and from what I hear HTC are not rapid! I'm hanging onto my Kaiser as a spare in case I have problems!

Off to town in a few mins to pick up mine on Voda £30 +web, free on a two yr contract. I know it's a long time but it's a free phone for £5 a month less than I'm paying Tmob.

Gordon

HTC branded that is great, no operator customizatiosn or logos, pure original HTC. support maybe a issue will just need to be extra careful :D although i will most probably keep the insurance so replacements within 24 hours!

£30 a month thats kl, a 2 year contract kind off long, but hey whatever your happy with.

knowing me if there is no price change by then end of my contract i will just end up getting the 18 monther anyhow.

cheers

;)

Guest stunno
HTC branded that is great, no operator customizatiosn or logos, pure original HTC. support maybe a issue will just need to be extra careful :D although i will most probably keep the insurance so replacements within 24 hours!

£30 a month thats kl, a 2 year contract kind off long, but hey whatever your happy with.

knowing me if there is no price change by then end of my contract i will just end up getting the 18 monther anyhow.

cheers

;)

Vodafone business have them in stock, got mine yesterday on a £30+vat 18 month contract. Free phone, 500 mobile minutes, unlimited landline calls, 250 textx and unlimited internet. Plus an 18 month guarantee on the phone with next daty swap out if it goes wrong

Guest GordonTGopher

Gordon

Shouldn't speak too soon! In the excitment I didn't think that the deal in the shop would be different from the website <doh> Now ordered from the web, roll on Tuesday!

Gordon

Guest unknown-singh
Vodafone business have them in stock, got mine yesterday on a £30+vat 18 month contract. Free phone, 500 mobile minutes, unlimited landline calls, 250 textx and unlimited internet. Plus an 18 month guarantee on the phone with next daty swap out if it goes wrong

congrats mate how is it?

cant wait to get mine,

i think i may just go ahead and order from mobile phones direct on 18 month going crazy waiting

Guest unknown-singh

Damn forgot about PAC code need to get this to port my number over and is only available once contract has ended oh well roll on 6th of july ;)

looks like i will be getting this deal (unless something better comes around by then)

Combi 30 + Web'n'Walk

18 months HTC TOUCH PRO 2 £24.99

700 Minutes, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited internet 3 months free insurance

£34.26 a month

Just finished on the phone with Vodafone. I too have one arriving tomorrow to play with. Handset free, 30/month for 750 minutes, 250 texts, 500Mb data, free calls to landlines. Only downside is 24 month contract. Could have got it for 18 months at 35/month, or 30 a month with a whopping £290 handset cost... Apparently this new tariff is available on any phone, but the Touch Pro 2 is their highest cost handset..

But I have 7 days to play with it and see if it does what I want, at a cost I'm prepared to pay, and if not I can send it back, revert to my current out of contract tariff and keep looking. A friend also has the HTC Magic arriving tomorrow on the same deal so will be able to compare them..

Steve.

Guest stunno
Damn forgot about PAC code need to get this to port my number over and is only available once contract has ended oh well roll on 6th of july ;)

looks like i will be getting this deal (unless something better comes around by then)

Combi 30 + Web'n'Walk

18 months HTC TOUCH PRO 2 £24.99

700 Minutes, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited internet 3 months free insurance

£34.26 a month

You can get your PAC code at any time in your last month

BTW the phone is excellent! A bit heavy, but excellent all the same

Edited by stunno

Guest martinlaidlaw

Has anyone managed to get the Vodafone Touch Pro 2 on a standard contract?

I'm due an upgrade, but the Vodafone Upgrades bloke I spoke to was not able to order it on my standard contract, as he did not have it in stock, and would not be getting it in stock!

My last upgrade was a business store phone (V1615 Tytn2) but had no probs upgrading on my normal contract

Guest mungosdad

did you do this over the net, or on the phone. On the net with that tarrif the phone price is £85.11.

Guest stunno
did you do this over the net, or on the phone. On the net with that tarrif the phone price is £85.11.

No I rang them up. In fact I rang them up a few days later to moan about their website giving 3 months free, not realising that it was only for 24 month contracts. They offered to move me onto the 24 month deal, give me the free 3 months and knocked £5+vat off my monthly bill!

Basically giving me the extra 6 months free

Guest noddycat
Vodafone also offer "Blackberry email" on some of their Touch Pro 2 tariffs. How does that work?

It's push e-mail a la Blackberry - presumably using Blackberry servers - so when someone sends you an e-mail you get it straight away - works on your existing pop3 (and presumably imap?) accounts - up to five I believe. As your connection is live all the time apparently it cuts battery time a bit, but you should be able to turn it off and on as needs be. The alternative 'non Blackberry' method is to set your WM pop3 connection to 'poll' your pop3 server at set periods - eg every 5 minues, every 10 minutes, every hour etc - which effectively does the same thing, though there will be a possible delay in receiving your e-mail depending on how long your 'polling' interval is - again, the more frequent the polling is, the bigger the impact on battery time. All things considered, I'd have thought Blackberry e-mail is worth having...

Guest unknown-singh
You can get your PAC code at any time in your last month

BTW the phone is excellent! A bit heavy, but excellent all the same

thats not what orange told me, i guess there stalling to make me hang on with them.

being heavy is just a sign of a good strong build, i dislike phones that are big but lightweight seems a bit cheap.

Guest DJ_Enigma
Ill start

the only deals i have found at the moment are at:

mobilephonesdirect

best deals are

18 months - Free Touch pro 2:

1. T mobile combi 35 + WnW:
    800 minutes, Unlimited texts, unlimited web, 3 months free insurance for £39.15 per month
12 Months - Touch pro 2 £101.99:

1. T-Mobile Combi 35 + WnW
    500 minutes, 375 texts, Unlimited web, 3 months free insurance for £39.15 per month
personally i am just coming out of a 18 month contract (Tytn II) in 3 weeks, this time i would like to go for a 12 month contract , although the 18 month deal is good.

I wonder if orange will pick this up by then? see what "upgrade" they can offer me although they do seem to ruin wm devices with there branding/customizations.

;)

That site says they offer upgrades, wonder if they can upgrade a contract that was taken out directly with T-Mobile cause my current contract is awesome!

Flext 35 + web'n'walk (18 months)

Your plan includes:

web surfing and e-mails

Unlimited* internet browsing and email on the move.

£180

Use your allowance on any mix of UK calls, voicemail, texts & picture messages. £180 allowance gets you up to 900 minutes or 1800 texts. Don’t decide in advance, just use your phone and use it up.

Contract ends 01/04/2009

Additional services Service cost exc VAT

To add or remove services, check/uncheck and click Update Services

Services you currently have:

Remove Content Lock Free

Video Calling Free

£5 OFF line rental Free

Mobile e-mail Free

Picture Messaging Free

Capped Data Rate Free

Weekend Calling Free

5000 minutes/month on weekends

Paying £35/month

If I could stay on this with the Touch Pro 2 I would be very happy. Even though I never come close to using my allowance! :D

DJ

Guest DJ_Enigma

What I wanted to do is an option, but it would cost me £260 quid lol.

I'm getting a PAYG sim(from somewhere, anywhere to get one free atm?), moving my number to it, and moving it right back to TMobile on that 18 month contract above with mobilephonesdirect.

Don't mind losing my current contract as much as I'd mind losing my number!

DJ

Guest unknown-singh

I'm getting a PAYG sim(from somewhere, anywhere to get one free atm?), moving my number to it, and moving it right back to TMobile on that 18 month contract above with mobilephonesdirect.

DJ

you can get orange and 02 sim cards free on-line but the usually take a few weeks to arrive, if you need on quicker ebay would be your best bet. yes i have had to do this in the past as you cant transfer number to same network for some reason.

wooohooo!!!!

6th of july time to order me a Touch pro 2.

;)

Guest DJ_Enigma
Thank you for placing your order with Mobile Phones Direct.

A copy of your order details are shown below.

woo hoo ;)

Guest Loconinja

My current T-Mobile contract is up for renewal. I ordered a TP2 from mobilephonesdirect on a new T-Mobile contract, and it asked if was an existing T-Mobile customer and if I wanted to keep my number. I though that I had to PAC to another network and back again? Has anyone successfully kept their T-Mobile number with MPD without switching to another network first?

Guest Rob.P

Did you complete the process? Only reason I ask is I was wondering if the price of the handset changed on the final total if you selected the option you mentioned?

I definately don't want to leave T-Mobile (well not by choice, we'll have to wait and see who buys the TMob UK), but I'd also like to get a decent price on a TP2. I've read that some people have to phone TMob first to find out what your renewal discount is, I've emailed MPD asking for a quote but as yet they have not replied, phone number just seems to ring out.

Guest DJ_Enigma

Mine arrived today ;)

It's absolutely quality, the screen is just vast. Tom Tom 6 works a charm and I can see the speed cameras for miles lol

The only gripe I have so far is there is no scroll wheel or dpad.

p.s. how good is that teeter game?

Thanks mobilesdirect :D

Guest Rob.P

DJ

How long does it take nowadays to PAC a number from network to network? I think I might do the same as you even though MPD still haven't got back to me with an upgrade price I think it'll be the same as your quote as I'm on pretty much the same tariff.

Guest DJ_Enigma
How long does it take nowadays to PAC a number from network to network? I think I might do the same as you even though MPD still haven't got back to me with an upgrade price I think it'll be the same as your quote as I'm on pretty much the same tariff.

2days