Samsung Omnia II

Guest FerdiBorbon

I read on another site that the Omnia II is 16m Colors (65k effective) ...what does that mean? 65k for Windows and 16m for other things??

Guest ghost82

Windows Mobile 6.1 is limited to using 65k colours. So this means even though the phone is capable of showing 16m it will only use 65k.

The Omnia is capable of showing 256k colours but again only shows 65k.

Does anyone know if this colour restriction has been lifted in mobile 6.5? - WM Team Blog

Edited by ghost82

Guest Geronymous

Am I the only one who is missing the Video out that the Omnia does have? I found that pretty useful when traveling...

Or is it maybe in the audio connector???

Guest ghost82

the audio connector is a standard 3.5mm head phone jack.

maybe the video out will work via the mini usb. There's no reason why they can't make it work, but to be honest I've never used video out on my phone and I'm sure most other people haven't as well.

Guest Geronymous

maybe the video out will work via the mini usb. There's no reason why they can't make it work, but to be honest I've never used video out on my phone and I'm sure most other people haven't as well.

Yes, maybe it is through the miniUSB... it would not be wise to skip a VideoOut for this device that is much more powerful from a processor and media point of view than that previous model, knowing that other competitors like the iPhone do have that functionality...

But even better would be if the 3.5mm jack was a 4-pole RCA connector, which can give both audio and video (other devices like Archos or portable DVD players have that often)... at least better for me :D

Guest FerdiBorbon

Anything official on a release date etc? Also does it state anywhere that the screen is scratch proof?

i need this phone badly...but something might pop up before this is released...gotta be patient i guess hey...

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest abunhyan

its not mentioned at all in the full review i read ;)

i mean the TV out functionalaty is missing in Omnia 2 :D Or i have misstaken :D

any one can tell us for sure if this option is available or not in Omnia 2 :D

Omnia II blows everything out of the water.

Its Advanced R touchscreen - The best of resistive and capacitive according to mobile-review.com. (Do you know nokia supplies Omnia-like dangling stylus in N97 package? - if N97 capacitive screen is so good why the need to include stylus?) Anyway, you dont need capacitive screen to do multitouch when windowsmobile7 emerges. Plus that AMOLED is so power saving until it lasts 10 hours talktime in 3G mode.

Video recording in true DVD (480p) - only LG Arena dumbphone has it, you dont need HD 720p like "semidumb symbianphone) OmniaHD cause the sound is so poor (.amr format)

Camerawise - HTC can just dream of having decent 5MP quality with proper LED. X1 picture and VGA 30fps still below par compare to the old N95. And if Omnia1 powerLED is strong, imagine double that brightness in OmniaII. Leave xenon plus powerLED to Pixon12, it is more cameracentric dumbphone.

TouchWiz 2.0 - has gone very deep into the system until we dont see Wm6.1 anymore. Menu, Touchplayer, Movie selector, media , contact, calendar etc all covered. who needs manila (wait it's still 2D rite?) that dont do landscape and SBPMobile Shell

In Asia, this phone is known as Samsung Jet

Guest necosino

Verizon will be moving the Omnia II to sales near the end of July / early August (No official word yet). They'll be sporting 5 different colors, which will be kinda cool. I heard Black, White, Red, Blue, and kind of a mossy green (Similar to an Env).

Expect to see upwords of US$250-300 for it retail when it first comes out :D

Guest zemac

I am interested the Omnia II and I was wondering if anyone happened to know how long it took for custom roms to be made for the Omnia 900 after it was released?

Guest chokia
I am interested the Omnia II and I was wondering if anyone happened to know how long it took for custom roms to be made for the Omnia 900 after it was released?

You mean Omnia II ROM customized for Omnia I?

Wow i wonder if anyone have so much time to customize hundreds of files in touchwiz 2.0 UI which are made for 800x480 WVGA of Omnia II to smaller WQVGA in Omnia I.

And provided it does work in lower Mhz cpu.

I think it wont work due to so many hardware changes.

Guest zemac

hehe no that's not what I was asking. I am just wondering if people were able to start cooking roms shortly after the device (i900) was released or did it take some time. I am coming from HTC world where people have to make special SPLs to flash custom roms.

Guest Apo11on
Verizon will be moving the Omnia II to sales near the end of July / early August (No official word yet). They'll be sporting 5 different colors, which will be kinda cool. I heard Black, White, Red, Blue, and kind of a mossy green (Similar to an Env).

Expect to see upwords of US$250-300 for it retail when it first comes out :D

care to share the source of that information? also, do you know if Verizon is going to be crippling the GPS in Omnia2? Not asking for opinion, just whether or not you have confirmed info on that

Guest StarVision

I don't think this kinda spec will works in the market ~itz way too powerful for a phone. Obviously ,it gonna be the samsung version of HTC shift~

Guest Geronymous
its not mentioned at all in the full review i read :D

i mean the TV out functionalaty is missing in Omnia 2 ;) Or i have misstaken :D

any one can tell us for sure if this option is available or not in Omnia 2 :D

There is still hope: according to ADVERT LINK REMOVED, TV-Out is possible... :D

http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/htmls/Samsung-Om...ne-pa_3802.html

Guest cmalone
hehe no that's not what I was asking. I am just wondering if people were able to start cooking roms shortly after the device (i900) was released or did it take some time. I am coming from HTC world where people have to make special SPLs to flash custom roms.

-There will need to be a leaked rom or the upgrade to 6.5 will give the chefs what they need to cook up custom roms. which i think will make this phone perfect! -well except for that silly cube thing-not impressed.

-Not sure about the i900 series, but i think it took ~5 months to get custom roms on the i910 omnia. only because someone decided to leak the rom.