Samsung Omnia II

Guest rigor.m

http://omnia.samsungmobile.com/

Okay this shows the pics floating around in the last few days are the real deal... Unfortunately I don't understand if that "cube" on Omnia II works as a trackpad like our Omnias, because if it doesn't I will be very sad....

Anyway really nice upgrade to Samsungs WinMo phones , looking forward to HTC answer to this.

Guest FlorianO
in my shopping list :D

too bad I guess that cube-button border will not act as a dpad ;)

Are we sure about that ? I was wondering the same thing, and I'm kinda "live in denial" it's not true.

Is there _any_ of the announced new models that allows _some_ form of scrolling -- either mechanical, or optical (like the optical pad on the i900) ?

Sure, the specs look "schweet", but in practice all that "oh, shiny stuff, I want" will rub off rather quickly and I'll just start swearing at the lack of my ability to scroll in the old apps.

Anyone ?

Thanks,

Florian

Guest chokia
All-in-one Redefined: Omnia II (I8000)

omnia2_12-150x150.jpg

The Omnia II features Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and the world’s largest 3.7-inch AMOLED display with WVGA resolution. TouchWiz 2.0 User Interface and 3D effects make enjoying multimedia and multi tasking convenient and fun. Advanced R Touch (Resistive Touch) enables faster, more accurate touch response. Multimedia features include DVD-like (480p) video recording/playback, internet browsing and interactive 3D games. Users can download content quickly to the Omnia II’s HSUPA 5.76Mbps, HSDPA 7.2Mbps and Wi-Fi capabilities. Up to 48GB lets users store more of their favorite content.

Source: http://www.samsungusanews.com/2009/06/comb...w-omnia-series/

Noticeable upgrade from our old omnia

1. Screen Size = 3.7" ok that's huge

2. Screen Type = AMOLED visibility under the sun is rest assured

3. Screen Resolution = WVGA no more pixelation

4. Screen Responsiveness = Advanced R (whats that? capacitive-like?)

5. Video Recording = 480p True DVD Quality 480 x720 30fps

6. Video Lights = Dual power LEDs no more video light turn half bright, now double brightness

7. HSUPA = 5.76Mbps well ok hopefully my network support this

8: New 3D UI with cube navi key = TouchWiz 2.0 ok nice to keep and showing off

9: FAster CPU = 800Mhz

10: Connector = 3.5mm and MiniUSB (no more samsung propriety crap)

No 8 Megapixel?

Edited by chokia

Guest semmtexx
Source: http://www.samsungusanews.com/2009/06/comb...w-omnia-series/

Noticeable upgrade from our old omnia

1. Screen Size = 3.7" ok that's huge

2. Screen Type = AMOLED visibility under the sun is rest assured

3. Screen Resolution = WVGA no more pixelation

4. Screen Responsiveness = Advanced R (whats that? capacitive-like?)

5. Video Recording = 480p True DVD Quality 480 x720 30fps

6. Video Lights = Dual power LEDs no more video light turn half bright, now double brightness

7. HSUPA = 5.76Mbps well ok hopefully my network support this

8: New 3D UI with cube navi key = TouchWiz 2.0 ok nice to keep and showing off

IMO Samsung is really F'ing up with resistive touchscrren crap. if you look at my 910 at the right angle, the screen is sort of rippled in certain areas because you have to repetetively MASH the screen to make it work. And also IMO, from messing around with a G1 for a little bit, I'm so sick of windows mobile. I'm just so tired of little, teeny tiny tabs and buttons for settings. And then if you want something better, you have to sift through tons of diffetrent shells and UI's and.......ugh ...frustrated with winmo to say the least. The OS needs a HUGE improvement.

Guest emmarbee

Omnia II officially announced.

Here's the GSMarena link

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_s8000_jet_and_samsung_i8000_omnia_ii_unveiled-news-972.php

It'll be infact named "Omnia" as it is windows mobile. But not sure abt the OmniaHD - there are still confusions abt its name in several parts of the world.

SO Keep Updating this thread.

And if possible, the OP might remove the "?" from the thread title!

Guest FerdiBorbon

damd it why cant the Omnia Pro have the 3.7", its 16m colors oppose to 65k, plus more didicated to movie playback...hard decisions to make here made by Samsung :D

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest chokia

Ok after looking at all the omnia series, i think Omnia II is the best from the bunch. Lets compare

OmniaHD

Slower processor and running ugly s60 OS, HD video recording capability but in poor audio format (amr - Imagine phone that advance uses old nokia dumbphone audio recording format), not everyone needs 8MP. The outer looks is ugly

OmniaPro

Small screen same like old omnia (bad for GPS), very thick due to sliding keyboad, keyboard hassle when already clamped the phone in the car (no point of triggering onscreen qwerty when u have sliding one). It looks ugly also

OmniaJet

Sorry this is a dumbphone that flaunts "Smarter than Smartphone" with Samsung propriety OS in it I wonder if it can handle multi tasking job like listening to music , while GPS is running, Voice chat on Nimbuzz while driving since it has 800mhz cpu. And Samsung claims that this is the mobile phone that you want. Nah.

OmniaLite

Ok this is for your GF and those who never use Omnia series before. Definitely not for us.

Guest FerdiBorbon

**Above** The Omnia Pro doesnt have the same screen as the Omnia its spoting a 3.5" ..the biggest screent is the 3.7" Omnia II

Guest teddyking
The design its fake because Microsoft imposed to all manufacturers to include a windows key on every windows mobile phone. The design you see there does not include that.

I can tell its made in photoshop or something similar.

Very nice Photoshop skill ?

2097_01_06.jpg

Lol i was the first to repply to Chokia and then there were some people saying it was fake.Im really happy that its NOT ;)

Now the problem is that we have to buy 2 of these to Sector and KC :D

Edited by fane

Guest shokka9

i dont think sector will get one :D

I won't be either, but it is tempting.....:D

The camera has not been upgraded which is strange, they seem to of upgraded everything else. It looks coolio, the others (except Omnia II) are not worth the money really, imho.

Hopefully, they will be the same to cook for....lets hope for you guys that a kitchen is available soon, it should be very similar to the i900 one.

I might be tempted to buy one, but i want something else........;)

Edited by shokka9

Guest lastnikita

the cam IS upgraded ! it stays at 5mp but that is enough especially with such a small lens..

think about it, 480p@30fps announced, at worst we will have smooth & crisps VGA video now !

which means the camera part will be even nicer, and there's double flash :D

It's only missing a dpad for me :-/

Guest msra6la2
pics are fake, this is the real deal...

SPECS:

- 3.5 AMOLED 16Mcolors resistive screen WVGA (800X480)

- 800Mhz CPU (The samsung reps didn't even know wich one lol and the samsung UI skinning is so deep I couldn't even find the properties page in WM to see the CPU reported. But I'm guessing S3C6410 + MSM6250 baseband)

- 5.1Mpx AutoFocus Cam with LED flash

- Slide Out Qwerty

- 2 UIs (Pro & Media, there's a dedicated button to switch between them)

- TV-OUT

- 3.5" Headphone jack

- MicroUSB connetor (no more samsung connector to charge and headphone)

- Divx/WMV/H.264 accellerations

- GPS/WIFI/HSDPA/HSUPA/BT

- FM Radio

- DNLA support

- 1GB internal memory + SDHC up to 32Gb

- 1500mAh

This is the Samsung Omnia Pro, not the Omina II

check this out

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Samsung-Omni...89140755?ref=mf

Guest chokia
Am i the only one buggin about the 65k colors on the OmniaII...or can you guys live with it?

Unless u r abnormal, a normal human eye can see colours ranging between 35k to 55k only

Guest FerdiBorbon

dude its noticeable watch a movie on your omnia with heaps of video effects youll see the colour difference, specially on dark scenes... i cant even use some wallpapers cause the images looks like 16bit//

Guest shokka9

seen as nobody posted this link, i will ;)

Just read up, to be fair they had a beta unit, but still a good review (7 pages)

I may be just be tempted now.....it looks real nice and i want one now :D

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i8000_omnia_2-review-362.php

Go now, read and feel the need.....the full review will be soon, when they get their hands on the real thing....

Laters

Edited by shokka9

Guest LuckyTan
seen as nobody posted this link, i will ;)

Just read up, to be fair they had a beta unit, but still a good review (7 pages)

I may be just be tempted now.....it looks real nice and i want one now :D

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i8000_omnia_2-review-362.php

Go now, read and feel the need.....the full review will be soon, when they get their hands on the real thing....

Laters

Thanks shokka9. Me too. Tempting... hehe. :D

Edited by LuckyTan