NEW IPHONE SUCKS

Guest wackyiraqi

Guest bobobird

Yes, turbo you made a great and well-reasoned choice. The iPhone 3G is a great piece of engineering and the GS is even better. I will get this great device as soon as I ditch my Omnia.

That said - will you now go away... and let us be ??

Thanks.

Guest rungvang
Your finger tips/nails must get sore when trying to touch something on the screen.

Your finger tips wont get sore buddy )) Especially when you know how to use Registry Editor to tweak the registry. if you want to know how to, just pm, I can show you how it done, seriously )) Oh, btw, Omnia come with the pen, so when it comes to game, especially RPG game, I think, those phone users without a pen will hurt their fingers badly )) May be Iphone should come with the iPen )) I really dont know much about your awesome Iphone 3GS but honestly, you have to admit that we should call Ipod Nano - iSuck Nano ))

Edited by rungvang

Guest somedude
VGA, well, so what? You gonna make Slumdog Millionaire 2 with it?

No, but it is nice to have a decent video camera, just for random moments or even if you are going to a concert/event. Im a all in one type of person, the omnia is supposed to be the best all in one device, but boy did it fall short with the video recording.

Coming from the LG Viewty, which has excellent VGA recording @ 30fps, i was able to take some great videos. The omnia at vga, skips and freezes som much that i dont even bother with it anymore. I know i can get 30fps with 320x240, but the resolution is poor so why bother.

I just wish there was some way to improve the video quality on this phone :D.

Edited by somedude

Guest rungvang
No, but it is nice to have a decent video camera, just for random moments or even if you are going to a concert/event. Im a all in one type of person, the omnia is supposed to be the best all in one device, but boy did it fall short with the video recording.

Coming from the LG Viewty, which has excellent video recording @ 30fps, i was able to take some great videos. The omnia at vga, skips and freezes som much that i dont even bother with it anymore. I know i can get 30fps with 320x240, but the resolution is poor so why bother.

Well, yep, all in one is compact and nice but you know, even soon the 12mp will arrive, but a normal camera like Canon Ixus something is ten times better. Both in fotos and video recording. So if it was me, I will take a normal camera with me when I go to concert rather than a Omnia or Iphone or watever it is. But if its for fun, then yes, VGA 30fps is somewhat useful and easy to upload to such site like youtube.

Guest Turb0wned
Dude why are you here? Just to troll?

That must be the case, because there is not going to be rallying support for the iPhone and iFanatics (yourself included) on an Omnia forum. You are just fueling the fire.

iPhone forums are thataway>>>

LOL then why start an iphone thread on these forums.

Guest Adrynalyne
LOL then why start an iphone thread on these forums.

Obviously because someone wanted to complain about it. It just makes you look stupid when you further fuel the fire.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest Slappa

I think what annoys people most about the iPhone is the continued hype. When it came out, it was groundbreaking - a smartphone which was easy to use, had a workable touchscreen, decent interface etc. The existing smartphone market was fairly stagnant, and the older versions of WinMo...well the less said about them the better :D

However, since the first iPhone came out, it has been outdistanced by HTC, Samsung et al...and the 2 hardware revisions haven't really brought anything new to the table which other phones, such as the Omnia, already have. And when a phone which only just got BASIC things like copy & paste, MMS etc - you know, things which almost every phone has had for a decade - gets front page news everywhere for a simple revision, well it can get old fast ;)

Guest Inca Coder

I am a Microsoftie by heart and I love my Omnia but... I will take my Ipod touch Safari web browser anyday over any of the browsers available for WinMo. All the available browsers suck big time. The Safari browser is so easy to use and the responsiveness of the touch screen is way ahead of any WinMo touch screen. Pardon the visual but, if i know i will need to spend a long time in the bathroom i will certainly take my ipod touch using my wifi. the battery lasts way longer, usability is awesome for web browsing and it does not get hot. that being said, i would never buy an iphone (hate AT&T). So to me the best combination is: Omnia + Ipod Touch.

Guest za3boto
My perfect combi: Samsung Omnia i900 8GB + iPod Touch 2gen 8GB!

same for me too. In my opinion, the ipod touch has all the good features of the iphone without its flaws.

Guest djdavid60

Well, when I got my Omnia, the only real requirement for me was that I could tether it to a notebook and use it as a modem. The iphone couldn't do that, so it wasn't even a consideration. I work in IT and have to be near internet access and a computer at a moments notice. My Omnia has worked great for that, and all the other cool things it does are just icing on the cake.

Is the Omnia the best phone out there? Probably not. Is the Omnia a great phone? Of course! Is the iPhone the best phone out there? Probably not, Is the iPhone a great phone? Of course!

C'mon people! Let's just get along and play nice with our toys :D

But you guys are right, the Apple fanatics are a bit obnoxious ;) <---<<< Joking

Guest forelli

Please moderators, somebody closes this thread?

Just taking some space on the servers for nothing: why in the world should a winmo forum start a thread (not a hardware/software test) on the iPhone to say how crap it is or it's not? People in here know why they use winmo and not iPhone, the topic has already been enough discussed in another (now closed) thread.

Thanks

forelli

Edited by forelli