[Project] ANDROMNiA - Android on Omnia

Guest FeLLa_

Guest Omnia-Winker

Can anyone advise on how to enable the network to send and receive sms.

I used the link above. WiFi working now, but not SMS or Network??

Guest nollie
How do you mean wifi works well? Here it just finds the network but it's unable to connect. Or is that what you mean?

For me, WiFi connects to my home network which is WPA protected (after I have entered the password), and can use the browser to surf the web.

Guest vinbeaver

Has anyone looked at v. 2.0 (Donut)?  Is there gonna be any multi-touch?  Obviously I know not for our phones but just for Android in general.

Guest snoopy33

Hi All,

For me, Wifi with WPA ok, SMS sent but no receive, no way to stop andromnia (without removing battery).

It s amaizing how speedy is built andromnia.

Thanks to all developpers !!!

Guest bmn4711

where can i get this build??? the above link sends me to some "zippyfile" bs. or if thats the dl link for the file wheres the link located on the page?

Guest silverback2

any news if the if the sms will work on i910? i doutb it becuase of the driver diffs but anyone tried? i will tonight but it will be after midnight here....

Guest bmn4711

from my testing, the i910 still offers no support for SMS on the latest build. however WiFi works excelllently. ive only had 1 occasion where i have had to manually enter my ssid.

that being said, great job guys. this is one dev team with good skills.

p.s. i am having to use this username due to the admins or site registery not sending me a confirmation email. wonder why?

Guest aceofrazgriz
Has anyone looked at v. 2.0 (Donut)? Is there gonna be any multi-touch? Obviously I know not for our phones but just for Android in general.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/26/android...have-multitouc/

There was new code released for 2.0 i think on the android source database or whatever, and what companies say isn't always true, but it may be some indication.

I also want to add i'm looking forward to i910 support for the radio as well :)

Again, love the progress, you guys are just plain awesome.

Guest silverback2

yup no sms for i910. but it is working pretty good. i wonder how to make it so it will check the radio for info insted of looking for a sim........that could be a starting place, even though the driver dif

Guest mickaelsnake

This version is pretty good, sms works and lot of new features, and the touch is nice.

Keep doing the good job.

Thanks a lot on our behalf.

Guest bmn4711

I felt that this would motivate some people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-h5ZJhTeWQ

now then, can someone help me with registering on this site. ive registed many times before, but with no success as i never recieve a confirmation email.

i found this account abandonded on the internet from some other site, please dont shun me from this forum because of this, i still would like to be part of it.

Guest muhlba91

SMS isn't working for me!

Is there a special function to enable this?

After Android has started there was a screen, where I had to unlock my SIM card via my PIN. I don't know whether it works or not, but I didn't get any error.

Then I was writing an SMS, but obviously they weren't and aren't sent, because the SMS I've sent so far were never coming!

Has anybody a solution for this?

Info: my provider is (Orange AT - Austria)

And another question: How to reactivate android after it's going into sleep mode (or something else - phone is running, but the display is black and stays black when I press any key!)

thx, and good job!

Edited by muhlba91

Guest dwaino86
This version is pretty good, sms works and lot of new features, and the touch is nice.

Keep doing the good job.

Thanks a lot on our behalf.

This is really tempting me to have a look at it before its mostly finished (which i was planning to do).

Is there a guide anywhere for how to load Android (onto the microSD i assume) for beginners? i have never played with Android or Linux before, or even loaded a ROM onto the Omnia. Or should i wait it out for a little longer?

I would obviously want to be able to use Windows easily, since i still need my phone to be a phone :)

Guest Zeski
This is really tempting me to have a look at it before its mostly finished (which i was planning to do).

Is there a guide anywhere for how to load Android (onto the microSD i assume) for beginners? i have never played with Android or Linux before, or even loaded a ROM onto the Omnia. Or should i wait it out for a little longer?

I would obviously want to be able to use Windows easily, since i still need my phone to be a phone :)

Hey mate, simplest set of steps ever here - http://www.andromnia.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6

I'm about halfway through it cause had to go to work in between it compiling on a virtual Ubuntu box. From what I understand you can get away with formatting the microSD card with something like gParted.

Guest mr.bhola

Can this brick your omnia the ANdroid ?

and i have a custom rom from SHokka can i run it ?

But what is that Ubuntu have i it install it to my pc ?

Guest mickaelsnake

Hye mr.bhola,

No it doesn't brick your omnia.It boot from the SDCard, and doesn't affect the phone.

I think there is no problem, but i have the original.

Ubunt is an operating system of Linux, and is the OS of Android too. You don't have to install it, just download, burn and restart the computer with CD mode and run it.

Hope it's help

Guest stirkac

-no

-yes

-no, just put in live CD, wait for start then follow the guide

Guest scottath

Will any linux distro work?

I have gos setup atm (Good OS) - this is built with Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS - kernal 2.6.24-24-generic (whatever all that means)

How big a SD card is needed - i have a 4gb atm - whats with the 3gb download?

Edited by scottath

Guest stirkac
Will any linux distro work?

I have gos setup atm (Good OS) - this is built with Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS - kernal 2.6.24-24-generic (whatever all that means)

How big a SD card is needed - i have a 4gb atm - whats with the 3gb download?

yes i think all distros work all you have to do is to format your sd card to ext2/3 and copy rootfs to it. don't need larger than 100mb, 3gb is all sources download. just dl the one from link. haret goes to device, rootsfs to card