[Project] ANDROMNiA - Android on Omnia

Guest FeLLa_

Guest eugopnosaj

I can never seem to get it to work, just getting a black screen now...file format ext 2, copied the files from the link tigrer gave because i couldn't extract the files correctly from the other zip files, i dont understand why it isnt working...

i keep getting cannot execute (then file name) permission denied

Edited by eugopnosaj

Guest hushcake

So Hello Guys,

I registered myself to give you feedback about your new developments ;)

It took about 2 hours, but now Android is running on my i900 Omnia,too.

I have to say, i am very impressed about your work and can test from now

the new revisions and versions. So yeah, heres my first impression :

I recognized after a few minutes, that,when my device switches into "standby" ( console view with an exact date and time when the device wanted to start suspended mode) and turns on again, the screen seems to be "shifted".. difficult to explain, I am from germany and can't use english as well as you...^^. yeah, i mean, i have a line in the middle of my screen (from up to down) and the left side is again projected on the right..like an mirror or so..

and when i dont touch anything longer, device turns off automatically.

Other things you may want to know : Sms works fine, like the others said. Calls also going out (you cant hear anything because of missing sound drivers,but my other phone rings) and i can call my andromnia,too... i dont see the call,but when i press the button for accept an incoming call, in the left upper corner a symbol shows me the call and you can slide down the bar on the upper side where you can switch to the phone-view. also it works to hang up the phone via menu. (also i hear on the second phone that my andromnia accepts and later ends the call )

Yeah,i just thought, i give you this kind of feedback to maybe help, or primary, just to say thank you for your work and to show,that there are many people here, which like to help you (and even if it's just a feedback about functions,problems etc). And if there's any questions from your side (about the errors or just to test something), .. you're welcome :)

Again sorry for my bad english,but I think all in all you understand what i mean ;)

Edited by hushcake

Guest eTronic Gaming

I know this has probably been answered, and I'm just to lazy to look, but:

Can the current build of andromnia work with the i910 verizon/cdma version?

Guest ErGo_404
So Hello Guys,

I registered myself to give you feedback about your new developments ;)

It took about 2 hours, but now Android is running on my i900 Omnia,too.

I have to say, i am very impressed about your work and can test from now

the new revisions and versions. So yeah, heres my first impression :

I recognized after a few minutes, that,when my device switches into "standby" ( console view with an exact date and time when the device wanted to start suspended mode) and turns on again, the screen seems to be "shifted".. difficult to explain, I am from germany and can't use english as well as you...^^. yeah, i mean, i have a line in the middle of my screen (from up to down) and the left side is again projected on the right..like an mirror or so..

and when i dont touch anything longer, device turns off automatically.

Other things you may want to know : Sms works fine, like the others said. Calls also going out (you cant hear anything because of missing sound drivers,but my other phone rings) and i can call my andromnia,too... i dont see the call,but when i press the button for accept an incoming call, in the left upper corner a symbol shows me the call and you can slide down the bar on the upper side where you can switch to the phone-view. also it works to hang up the phone via menu. (also i hear on the second phone that my andromnia accepts and later ends the call )

Yeah,i just thought, i give you this kind of feedback to maybe help, or primary, just to say thank you for your work and to show,that there are many people here, which like to help you (and even if it's just a feedback about functions,problems etc). And if there's any questions from your side (about the errors or just to test something), .. you're welcome :)

Again sorry for my bad english,but I think all in all you understand what i mean ;)

I have the same "shifted" screen after it goes to the "sleep" mode (even if there is no sleep mode implemented yet).

Guest renegadEE
I have another question. Fella introduced donut in the last revision, how do we choose which version to use ?

About an hour ago you could choose butween cupcake and donut. I downloaded and tested the Donut package but it didn't work so I think they're fixing it now.

Guest stirkac
what's donut and cupcake?

versions of android - such as Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5

they are all names of desserts alphabetically sorted :)

Guest Zeski
you guys should only use the old rootfs for the moment...

cupcake 1.6 and donut ist experimental status!!

it wont work yet!!

I know you're probably reluctant to complicate the SVN tree - but maybe it's worth creating separate branches for dev versions? So a new SVN branch for cupcake and another one for donut. That way the trunk can be a "semi stable" release for the general public to play with. Once you have cupcake up to the same level of functionality as the trunk, you could merge.

Guest swimmer_tr

hi. i can't boot it =( please help me =(

i made ext2 partition all of my card (1 gb) there is not another partition.

copied rootfs files to card's root folder

copied HaRET, zImage, default.txt and .svn folder to my storage's root

clicked haret and tap run.

Waiting 5 sec. before mounting root device...

SMD: initialize completed

EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, runninge2fsck is recommended.

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) on device 179:1.

Freeing init memory: 120K

Warning: unable to open an initial console.

failed to execute /init. attempting defaults...

Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. try passing init= option to kernel

what can i do???

Guest hushcake

like many others said, maybe first start from step 1... format card again, copy files directly on it, copy haret again and try again.

I just know, my android says for a few seconds "Warning: unable to open an initial console." .. but after a few seconds the system boots normally and android starts.

Guest swimmer_tr

i tried that 3 times :S but everytime it's same =( can u upload root_fs and haret folders to an site? maybe my files are corrupted :S :S

sorry about my bad english...

Guest swimmer_tr

i'm making partitions and copying files with ubuntu in VirtualBox. i'm using my card reader on my laptop. i unmounted my SD card after copying files. also tried waiting, but nothing happened =(

Guest hushcake

That's the mirror I used and it works well. (Thanx again for the upload )

I used the Gparted Live CD (it's a special rescue cd about 100mb) to format my sd-card via reader. after that i used Ubuntu to copy the files (U just need to open a terminal there and type :" sudo dolphin" .. then you have a data-manager with root-permissions and can copy everything) .. after copying i just said " gerät sicher entfernen" (think it's in english "remove device .. " )

then i just removed the card and used in in my omnia with 100% success ;)

If somebody has problems with ubuntu or gparted, you can pm me :)

Guest smilegod

I did everything that is said in guide , but when i started haret after some time my phone restarted (and keeps restarting every time )

What i did wrong :)

Guest missing2
i'm making partitions and copying files with ubuntu in VirtualBox. i'm using my card reader on my laptop. i unmounted my SD card after copying files. also tried waiting, but nothing happened =(

how do you get virtualbox to recognize usb devices? whenever i plug in my card reader it only shows up on my windows7