[Project] ANDROMNiA - Android on Omnia

Guest FeLLa_

Guest whiplash000
I seem to be having a weird problem that maybe you guys could help me out with. I'm trying to install these files to the My Storage area instead of an SD card because I am lacking one at the moment. All goes well for formatting as ext3, but as soon as I mount it in linux it apparently re-formats itself back to fat32 or whatever it was (can't remember). I've tried doing it again and again and I know im following the instructions right..or so i think lol. any ideas?

My Storage isn't supported yet and WM automatically formats it. SD cards are so cheap, go pick up one :)

Guest dutchtom
My Storage isn't supported yet and WM automatically formats it. SD cards are so cheap, go pick up one :)

oh ok, that makes sense. I just ordered one on amazon, you were right it was like 3 bucks lol.

Guest whiplash000

As of now, development is back at full speed after a 3-month hiatus. Since there was just about zero development in the last 3 months, don't expect a new version anytime soon. What I can say about the next version is that it'll feature android 2.0, sound, and possibly other hardware support.

As of now, development is back at full speed after a 3-month hiatus. Since there was just about zero development in the last 3 months, don't expect a new version anytime soon. What I can say about the next version is that it'll feature android 2.0, sound, and possibly other hardware support.

Great to hear it !!! Cant wait to see the next build !!

Thanks to the team for all the hard work done so far on this project !!!

Guest stupidel

So reading through this thread (as much as I did, haven’t had a chance to read the entire thread) it looks like this is running on an emulator on top of WinMo. Is this correct? And if so is there any possibility of getting android to run natively on the Omnia?

Thanks!

I don't think it's an emulator.... else it would run like s***

I believe the app used from winmo is essentially just a bootloader to load up LiMo or in this case android :)

Guest jhitesma

Like Nymica guessed it's not an emulator but a boot loader.

Android is running natively, it just boots from windows. Basically the boot loader kicks windows out of memory and lets Android take over. So even though you currently start it from within windows once you do so windows is no longer running and you're entirely in Android.

Guest stupidel
Like Nymica guessed it's not an emulator but a boot loader.

Android is running natively, it just boots from windows. Basically the boot loader kicks windows out of memory and lets Android take over. So even though you currently start it from within windows once you do so windows is no longer running and you're entirely in Android.

ah kewl, Thanks for the clarification! Ok I can live with that, now we just need CDMA drivers so I can make calls on Verizon:)

Guest eTronic Gaming
ah kewl, Thanks for the clarification! Ok I can live with that, now we just need CDMA drivers so I can make calls on Verizon:)

I'm working over at www.cdmandroid.com (there's also a thread here about it) to get the CDMA version together as the i900 project here develops.

Guest Lord_Andrew6

Hi guys,

nice to hear that you made progress. Could you please post a link to the latest build!?!

Is there some kind of version history or an overview of the supported features??

BR;

Lord_Andrew6

Guest whiplash000

Just so you guys know, we plan on adding CDMA support to Android. The developer who made the GSM driver had an i900, so he made that driver first. Our port will support not only the i900 and i910 but also the i780 (Samsung Mirage) and i908 (At&t Epix). There really shouldn't be two separate projects, as this will fragment what few developers are willing to work on this project into two even smaller camps. I'm an i910 owner myself, I want CDMA support as badly as the next guy. Just a week ago, Geeksphone (geeksphone.com/en) gave us their prototype phone's source code, which is in many ways identical to the Omnia's. Using this, we'll be able to have battery life that rivals WM's and be able to safely overclock the cpu to 804mhz!!! There's really no telling when the next release will come out, but keep donating and finding us more developers so we can get the project done sooner! Thanks.

Guest vash8806
Just so you guys know, we plan on adding CDMA support to Android. The developer who made the GSM driver had an i900, so he made that driver first. Our port will support not only the i900 and i910 but also the i780 (Samsung Mirage) and i908 (At&t Epix). There really shouldn't be two separate projects, as this will fragment what few developers are willing to work on this project into two even smaller camps. I'm an i910 owner myself, I want CDMA support as badly as the next guy. Just a week ago, Geeksphone (geeksphone.com/en) gave us their prototype phone's source code, which is in many ways identical to the Omnia's. Using this, we'll be able to have battery life that rivals WM's and be able to safely overclock the cpu to 804mhz!!! There's really no telling when the next release will come out, but keep donating and finding us more developers so we can get the project done sooner! Thanks.

hahah...that just tickled my pickle.... i <3 you guys.

Guest eTronic Gaming

Okay, I understand. I didn't know you guys planned on having CDMA support.

Now what to do with my domain name I registered? :D

Okay, I understand. I didn't know you guys planned on having CDMA support.

Now what to do with my domain name I registered? :D

When a stable working version is released you could set up that site with information and a link to download. Kind of like a mirror site. The more credible information thats out there, the better

Guest whiplash000

...or you just have it redirect to our site. That way, I don't have to worry about the people visiting yours having potentially outdated info. Sourceforge has tons of mirrors and is very reliable.

Guest eTronic Gaming
...or you just have it redirect to our site. That way, I don't have to worry about the people visiting yours having potentially outdated info. Sourceforge has tons of mirrors and is very reliable.

True. I can also just have it automatically fetch any updates from sourceforge as well.

Do you have any idea when cdma progress might start? If you need any help, let me know. I'd be happy to help work to get CDMA functionality working.

Guest whiplash000

The official site is andromnia.net. We've been having issues getting the www server to redirect to our site, but that should be ironed out in a few days. Anyway nothing much else to report... except we got sound working. woot. XD

When we finish fine-tuning it, we'll move on to CDMA support and maybe get another release out! Don't forget to show us some love! See ya!

The official site is andromnia.net. We've been having issues getting the www server to redirect to our site, but that should be ironed out in a few days. Anyway nothing much else to report... except we got sound working. woot. XD

When we finish fine-tuning it, we'll move on to CDMA support and maybe get another release out! Don't forget to show us some love! See ya!

That's great progress! Then the only thing needed for a normal phone operation will be suspend mode and it will finally be usable (for basic phone functionality off course).

Edited by bpivk