[Project] ANDROMNiA - Android on Omnia

Guest FeLLa_

Guest vash8806

haha...relax guys...these developers have been working hard for this. if you go to www.andromnia.net you can find out how far they've gotten.

Currently its on Rev. 9 - with only GSM, WIFI, touchscreen & button support. (as it says on the site)..........

These guys are the s***...they do this for free...if you want to keep it free....DONATE!! ;)

Guest denteno

why dont you put a change log in the first post !!??

i dunno how further you reached with this project ?

is every thing working now ? so it's like having an android phone or there still some glitches ?

Guest gujupmp88
why dont you put a change log in the first post !!??

i dunno how further you reached with this project ?

is every thing working now ? so it's like having an android phone or there still some glitches ?

hahaha, seriously???? read the post above yours.....

can't wait for cdma to be implemented, been following this thread for awhile now, keep up the hard work!!

I can't get this to launch android to save my life. When the contents of the rootsfs have been extracted, do you copy the files to the partitioned ext2 part of the sd card? and do u need any other program to copy it? Thanks in advance....I know this might seem like dumb question....I just need some help or be pointed in the right direction.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest lupus_hegemonia

Anyway... since I'm an i900 owner (and I'll be for long time - finance's issues), is this project... "alive"? Will be released? Thxs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo Leute

Ich habe heute auf mein Omnia Android drauf getan. Es startet alles schön, doch wenn ich einen Anruf tätigen möchte, kommt "not registered on network". Ich wurde nie nach dem Pin gefragt. Wo kann ich den Pin eingeben? Sollte ich nicht automatisch nach dem Pin gefragt werden?

Wenn das dann funktioniert stehe ich vor einem weiteren Problem. Nach einiger Zeit wird der screen schwarz und nichts geht mehr.

Wie kann man dies beheben?

Gruss

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DiNiko

Astonishing project, charming UI but how much really of a Promising project? ;)

Looks like its far from being completed...

Definitely a lot of congratulations have to go to everyone evolved. Following comments concern first impressions after testing myself, and are therefore reported only for review purposes by developers as well as anybody else who might be interested / or concerned:

• Installation procedure not really user-friendly (user needs to be familiar with linux up to some point to format storage card, change permissions, copy files and change permissions back again etc. not to mention if one wants to partion the sd card!!!)
  • Not very stable yet (at times might start up screen splited vertically!!)
  • Even when using Gen.Y dual boot, really hard to manage recognize andromnia while booting at device startup (myself haven't figured out how to yet, keep getting message "andromnia missing"). Working fine though when started inside WinMo.
  • Once loaded:
  • Touchscreen issues (not 100% working, still facing sensitivity issues)
  • Power button not working at all
  • Incredible Power consumption (full 1000MAh got empty after using it for 2 to 3 hrs)!!
  • Microphone and speaker do not work when making or receiving calls (means can't hear anything or be heard by anyone!)
  • Wi-Fi connection establishing but browser appears to have zero interaction with the internet. Same for googlemaps etc. Regardless if IP is acquired via DHCP or using a static one.
  • No bluetooth support, also I think IR is not supported as well.
  • Picture browser crashes while searching for images on the device.
  • Can't set you own ringtones.
  • Should for any reason device freeze (screen go black), it won't be able to wake up again! You can only reset device and even then, if booted into winmo you realize touchscreen is not responding and mouse pad as well!!! One has to shutdown (not just reset) or unplug and plug-in back again the battery.
  • Both Camera and CamRecorder crashes.
  • No mouse-pad support.

As if all above were not enough now system always hangs after inserting pin to unlock sim!! Frustrating...

It seems like we wont be able to be even thinking of having andromnia on our phones just to play around a little bit for some time... ;)

Guest andrew.mazlim
andrew mazlim, your link is down

Because I'm dork and I'm using rapidshare... without Premium account! LOL!

Let me see what can I do...

• 3 weeks later...