Titanium Weather stopped working suddenly!!

Guest Sunil Gangwani

Guest TheDrizzle

Not working for me either.... I'm not sure if I screwed something up last night. I'm using Wozzers v5 lite. Last night when I got the red Xs I re-installed a titanium Cab w/m2d icons. It was labeled as a package for the Omnia (from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=487090 , v3d). This morning I overwrote the .mcr file in the zip in this thread and tried to do an update. All it does is "updating accuweather" and never updates anything. still just the red X's, no forecast. I'll tinker with it some more. If I can't get it to work i'll just disable that panel and maybe wait for a new ROM with the fix cooked in or something.

EDIT: ugh installing that weather cab from xda was a mistake and only ended up messing up my titanium all together. CHome editor stopped working until I uninstalled it. Now I have no weather, but oh well, maybe time for a new ROM... :D

Edited by TheDrizzle

Guest bga7x

the cab i made is the exact same file the sector put up, just made it easier to install. But i guess some of you are having problems so i will take it down!

Guest Adrynalyne

People are having trouble understanding that the cab is for cooked roms (most i910, cant vouch for Wozzer, or i900 roms), the zip file is for those who have installed it from a cab.

If there is any question on what to do, do a search on your phone for titaniumweather.mscr.

Wherever it resides, that is where you need to overwrite the file.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest bga7x
People are having trouble understanding that the cab is for cooked roms (most i910, cant vouch for Wozzer, or i900 roms), the zip file is for those who have installed it from a cab.

If there is any question on what to do, do a search on your phone for titaniumweather.mscr.

thank you!!!! the cab is till in my i910 6.5 thread if needed

Edited by bga7x

Guest erichkooi
I think that fix cab works only with v4.2. Download v4.2, use fix or copy new files from zip. It works for me on Kaiser.

Yes, I uninstalled V3D and install V4.2 with fix cab, it works again.

Thanks!

BTW, do anyone facing missing other plugins when uninstall titanium weather?

It keeps happen to me where I need to uninstall all plugins (fave contact, comm, launcher) and install again. Do there any other way?

Guest TheDrizzle
Yes, I uninstalled V3D and install V4.2 with fix cab, it works again.

Thanks!

BTW, do anyone facing missing other plugins when uninstall titanium weather?

It keeps happen to me where I need to uninstall all plugins (fave contact, comm, launcher) and install again. Do there any other way?

That happened to me when I tried to install v3d. when I installed 4.2 it worked ok.

On the missing icons, I applied the fix from the zip and it seems to have resolved the issue. I think my problem before was I was using v3d. Thanks!

Guest MikeDaGeek

Wozz's 6.5 v.5 ROM users ... I have found parts of the problem for our missing icons ... (I have used the TitaniumWeather.mscr in this thread to fix the data update issue by placing said file in my \Windows Dir)

By doing some reg & directory searches I have come to realize our installs are looking for the icons in the \Windows\

Stardock Folder instead of the \Windows folder ...

To that end mine is currently looking for | Set to ForecastIcon = 02.png but looking at the actual png's in the \Windows Dir the icons carry the name xxTW.png ... so for my Forecast its set to 02.png when it should be set to 02TW.png

Here's the root of our issue .... now if one of the peeps who has intamite knowledge of the TitaniumWeather.mscr could tweak it for us to fix this issue we should be golden once again ...

Mike

Edited by MikeDaGeek

Guest ribbz
Not working for me either.... I'm not sure if I screwed something up last night. I'm using Wozzers v5 lite. Last night when I got the red Xs I re-installed a titanium Cab w/m2d icons. It was labeled as a package for the Omnia (from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=487090 , v3d). This morning I overwrote the .mcr file in the zip in this thread and tried to do an update. All it does is "updating accuweather" and never updates anything. still just the red X's, no forecast. I'll tinker with it some more. If I can't get it to work i'll just disable that panel and maybe wait for a new ROM with the fix cooked in or something.

EDIT: ugh installing that weather cab from xda was a mistake and only ended up messing up my titanium all together. CHome editor stopped working until I uninstalled it. Now I have no weather, but oh well, maybe time for a new ROM... :D

ya, same thing is happening with the red x's for icons since im sure the mscr file that was provided do not point to the same location for wozzers icon files. forecast downloads now, but it just looks ugly. hopefully we'll get a fix soon, but ya...i might try a new rom too.

Guest orp82
ya, same thing is happening with the red x's for icons since im sure the mscr file that was provided do not point to the same location for wozzers icon files. forecast downloads now, but it just looks ugly. hopefully we'll get a fix soon, but ya...i might try a new rom too.

I had the same problem on my Diamond, so I replaced the file in \Program Files\TitaniumWeather\ with the one in Sector's zip. This allowed me to download the weather, but I still had the red crosses. I then copied all the icon files out of \Program Files\TitaniumWeather\condicons\ and put them in \Program Files\TitaniumWeather\ instead, and surprise - all the icons are working again! I think the script expects the icons to be in the same directory as the script.

Hope this helps on your Omnias too! :D

Guest scoiattolo
I think the script expects the icons to be in the same directory as the script.

Not really.. in the latest Showaco version icons are in a subdirectory named after the type of icons: \Spil or \Stardock are used as defaults if you don't have

The script gets the name of the icons subdirectory reading the registry: HKLM, "Software\TitaniumWeather", "Icons"

Depending on the version of the Titanium Weather you are using, you can either amend the script or use one of the directories above, amending if necessary the registry.

Remember that you need also a .pgl file to have the option available.

:D

Edited by scoiattolo

Guest MikeDaGeek
Not really.. in the latest Showaco version icons are in a subdirectory named after the type of icons: \Spil or \Stardock are used as defaults if you don't have

The script gets the name of the icons subdirectory reading the registry: HKLM, "Software\TitaniumWeather", "Icons"

Depending on the version of the Titanium Weather you are using, you can either amend the script or use one of the directories above, amending if necessary the registry.

Remember that you need also a .pgl file to have the option available.

:D

I changed my registry to point at the \Windows directory for the icons by clearing the \Stardock value in the HKLM,"Software\TitaniumWeather", "Icons"

I also found within the HKLM,"Sotware\Microsoft\CHome\TitaniumWeather\Page1", Day1Icon="\Windows1.png"

But looking at the png files in my \Windows Directory I see that the weather icons are all labled in a format like "01TW.png"

I have changed a few of these settings by hand to the respective icon of the moment (weather changes after all) and my icons reappear until they next change ...

i.e.

HKLM,"Sotware\Microsoft\CHome\TitaniumWeather\Page1", Day1Icon="\Windows1TW.png"

Hope this helps

Not enough of a mortscript\CHome\TitaniumWeather expert to find out where the links between 01.png and 01TW.png were made .... THinking I could probably add a Stardock Directory copy all the icon in there rename them and be done with this ... but ... that doesn't seem like the correct way to fix this ;)

Mike

Using Wozz's MD2 6.5 V.5 ROM

Edited by MikeDaGeek

Guest woodsptw

A - i have your 3.7.1 and have the red X on titaniumweather. I found the file in windows but it won't let me overwrite. i did go to advancedconfig and added my city and accuweather loccode nam/us/st/city/zip and at least i have data, just no images.

Guest blazingwolf
A - i have your 3.7.1 and have the red X on titaniumweather. I found the file in windows but it won't let me overwrite. i did go to advancedconfig and added my city and accuweather loccode nam/us/st/city/zip and at least i have data, just no images.

You need to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander if you don't use the cab file.

Guest cuzzinz

im on woozers 6.5 rom v5 and all i did was uninstalled titanium weather from my phone then downloaded 4.2 and installed it. I restarted my phone and then I copied the script from the zip file into the Programs/TitaniumWeather/ diretory... ran full update and everything works fine again. I guess Woozer... or anyone that is having problems needs to update to the new version.

Guest escenkay
im on woozers 6.5 rom v5 and all i did was uninstalled titanium weather from my phone then downloaded 4.2 and installed it. I restarted my phone and then I copied the script from the zip file into the Programs/TitaniumWeather/ diretory... ran full update and everything works fine again. I guess Woozer... or anyone that is having problems needs to update to the new version.

where did you d/l titanium weather 4.2?

Guest woodsptw
You need to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander if you don't use the cab file.

Thanks Blaze - file explorer did not work from the i910 so I tried using the PC and ActiveSync and move the file over to Windows directory and it worked!!

Guest MikeDaGeek

I'm interested in how to remove a program that is cooked into the ROM? I am on Wozz's 6.5 v.05 MD2 ... TitaniumWeather is not listed in the Remove Programs ... not being sarcastic ... but my limited understanding was that programs cooked into the ROM are non-volitile and we are unable to remove them without cooking a new ROM?

Guest MikeDaGeek
I'm interested in how to remove a program that is cooked into the ROM? I am on Wozz's 6.5 v.05 MD2 ... TitaniumWeather is not listed in the Remove Programs ... not being sarcastic ... but my limited understanding was that programs cooked into the ROM are non-volitile and we are unable to remove them without cooking a new ROM?

Pasting in a posting from the main thread on Wozz's ROM's ...

I do agree that all these find Chefs are doing a wonderful job and I cant wait for wozzer to release a final build... which will probably be never cause there is always something new LOL... :-D

Thanks Wozzer!

P.S. Anyone having problems with Titanium weather i have a fix:

- uninstall Titaniumweather from within the app.

- Disable it in chrome

- remove it from chrome

- soft reset

- download and install Titaniumweather 4.2 from by Showaco

- Download the Zipped fix from HERE

- Copy the file in the zip to Device/program files/TitaniumWeather (overwrite the existing file)

- Run full update on titaniumWeather

- PRESTO

DISCLAIMER: this was tested on a Omnia i910 with a clean install of wozzer's 6.5 rom so I cant guarantee you that this will work or that it may or may not break something else.

AGREED this is a viable fix to the TitaniumWeather issue in Wozz's ROM's ... worked for me on the MD2 6.5 v.05 ROM

I had a few hiccups along the way and it took a few tries but I have icons and current weather ... not getting radar info ... wasn't looking for it so ... ohhh well

Guest vondutchga

if you copy all the *tw*.png images into a condicons folder within windows and then edit .mscr script (in weatherfix 3.1) and replace .png with TW.png re-upload it and restart 3.1 will work.

AGREED this is a viable fix to the TitaniumWeather issue in Wozz's ROM's ... worked for me on the MD2 6.5 v.05 ROM

I had a few hiccups along the way and it took a few tries but I have icons and current weather ... not getting radar info ... wasn't looking for it so ... ohhh well

• 2 weeks later...
Guest barhoc11

This worked for me except I just had to remove and install 4.2 and it was working

*EDIT- I had to do the replace file in order to get the icons to stay. After I installed initially the icons went away and were replaced with the red X's. I will see if this fix lasts

Edited by barhoc11

Guest RyuTesla

###########################################

#######################################################

I followed these instructions. The weather now works.

I'm using WoZZeR's WM 6.5 ver 05 (Build 21725) ROM.

But, now I can't add apps to the Applications panel. I'm getting the following mesg:

App2.mscr

The file 'App2' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

ALSO, when I restart the phone, I get this mesg:

checkstatus.mscr

The file 'checkstatus' cannot be opened. Either.... (It finishes the same as the other error mesg.)

What happened to my phone and how do I fix it?

Guest lilfields

This fix worked for me, it no longer shows the icon to the left of the description, when you haven't selected it on the homescreen (for instance the clock is selected). It could have to do with me having a Winmo 7 project theme installed on it, but it used to show it...so ;) Hopefully a 4.3 will address people's issues more so.