How do I sync my birthday calendar?

Guest Lee1968

Guest Lee Farrant

I have a birthday calendar in Outlook created automatically by Windows Live when I added someones bithday in the contacts list (I think). My windows Live account is sync'd with Outlook using the Outlook Connector and does sync my main calendar. I did a test using Windows Mobile Device Centre and it will sync with my main calendar but not sync additional ones like the Birthday one. I suspect it only knows about the main calendar and not the others.

I tested the other type of syncing on the phone (OMNIA) via the integrated Active Sync which does not involve the Mobile Device Centre & PC as it talks direct to your live/hotmail account over the internet and it just syncs email and contacts.

My question is how to sync the Birthday calendar on my Windows Mobile as it is only sync'ing the main calendar?

Guest awarner (MVP)

As far as I am aware you can only sync one calender for the moment.

Forgetting Windows Live for the moment, could you not enter the dates in the main calender instead? or are there too many to manually re-enter?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lee Farrant

This is what I have had to do. What I wanted to do was not duplicate anything as I hate dupication (a pet hate!). I wanted to just enter my birthdays in the designated place which is in the CONTACTS. This information is then auotmatically transferred to a birthday calender. Because I have had to manually put birthdays in the main calender and they also get in the birthday calender I have them in two places :-|

Lee

As far as I am aware you can only sync one calender for the moment.

Forgetting Windows Live for the moment, could you not enter the dates in the main calender instead? or are there too many to manually re-enter?