Acer Aspire One - £146 delivered!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest awarner (MVP)

Almost as cheap as the one I bought from Tesco.

Nice unit works well with W7 but the atom can't quite get Media center TV without cutting a few frames.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Paul need to change your Expansys voucher post, as it says the £10 voucher is only valid until May 31st.

Still works for me thankfully :D

Guest Gorskar

That is indeed a bargain :D

Shame I've already got one (160Gb WinXP blue version) or I'd snap it up.

Its a great netbook - the only real issue with it is the battery is somewhat weedy (3Cell, gives about 1.5hrs battery life), but for that money its worthwhile, as you can always get higher capacity batteries.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Next working day delivery is a a complete lie ;)

Once the order is placed you then get a link to track the order and on the page it states you may have to wait up to five days.

So far it's four days not including the Friday the unit was ordered and counting.

EDIT just spoke to Expansys and due to the unexpected high demand (blame modaco advertising myself :D ) they had a few thousand orders. They promise that orders of one unit will be delivered by Saturday multiple orders may take slightly longer.

They will be including a £5 discount voucher as an apology.

Guest dazp

I ordered one on Monday and it arrived on Tuesday, so next day worked for me. Maybe the initial flurry of orders has died down ?

Been running well with Win 7 until this morning, I shut it down with the "and install updates" option, and now it looks like explorer.exe is corrupt. Have to wait until I get home again to sort it out, one of the joys of running pre-release software.

Gonna sort out dual booting with the original Linpus Linux and Win 7 (or maybe XP for now ! lol).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.