Replace the initial splash on your device with a MoDaCo logo

Guest PaulOBrien

This allows you to replace the initial splash on your device with a lovely MoDaCo one! :D Tested on G1, should work on Magic too?

Steps...

- Download this zip and extract - modaco.rgb565.zip- Download fastboot for your platform from HTC and extract to the same directory as the above

- Power off your device, then power it on with Camera button held down to access bootloader

- Run a command prompt, change to the above dir and enter 'fastboot flash splash1 modaco.rgb565' then 'fastboot reboot'

- Party!

;)

P

modacosplash.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Carl_Brummy
Won't work on a Hero until such time as a patched Hero SPL appears...

P

Yeeeesssss! Works like a charm on the Hero now, with updated SPL.....thanks Paul!

Hero Users:

- Download this zip and extract - Attached File modaco.rgb565.zip ( 56.01K ) Number of downloads: 77

- Download fastboot for your platform from HTC and extract to the same directory as the above

- Power off your device, then power it on with Back button held down to access bootloader

- Run a command prompt, change to the above dir and enter 'fastboot flash splash1 modaco.rgb565' then 'fastboot reboot'

Hope this helps others!

Edited by Carl_Brummy

Guest PhonePersona
Yeeeesssss! Works like a charm on the Hero now, with updated SPL.....thanks Paul!

Hero Users:

- Download this zip and extract - Attached File modaco.rgb565.zip ( 56.01K ) Number of downloads: 77

- Download fastboot for your platform from HTC and extract to the same directory as the above

- Power off your device, then power it on with Back button held down to access bootloader

Hope this helps others!

Excellent!

I just loaded up a 'District 9' splash screen.

Truly Awesome!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kman123

I have installed the hardspl, but when i go to install the splash screen using command prompt, by keying in "fastboot flash splash1 modaco.rgb565", and then press enter, and it keeps saying <waiting for device> and doesnt move on. Does anyone know how to get past this? thanks

EDIT: I have it working now. I think it wasnt working because I hadnt installed the drivers for my phone properly I think.

Thanks Paul for the info, and thanks Carl_Brummy for helping with the Hero info!

Thanks guys

Edited by kman123

Guest Shuflie
Guys, is it possible to disable the graphical splash screen to see what is going on in the background during the boot?

You could always try fastboot erase splash1, I haven't tried it so I won't take any responsibility for what might happen ;)

• 4 weeks later...
modacosplash.jpg

I know what would be cool would be to make this an animated gif and insert the android robot so that it appears to be waving on the phone.

You also need the flash of gold that runs through the HTC logo to appear across the MoDaCo to tell you the phone is booting.

That'd be a cool thing to see on MCR :)

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Viper780

Thx for that - i want to remove the damn T-Mobile Splashscreen a while ago and couldn't find a way.

But where i can geht the original HTC Hero splash?

You could always try fastboot erase splash1, I haven't tried it so I won't take any responsibility for what might happen ;)

i've tried to erase it but i only get:

C:tools>fastboot erase splash1

erasing 'splash1'... FAILED (remote: erasing error)

so is there an other option to see it "linux like" what is booting there?

I know what would be cool would be to make this an animated gif and insert the android robot so that it appears to be waving on the phone.

i guess there is no way to make an animated splash screen what you search is an boot screen and that is an easy task to do that.

• 1 month later...
Guest Basher52

Great Work at all Paul, does it also work on the Huawei u8220 aka T-Mobile Pulse ?

Cause the standard bootlogo isnt that pretty <_<

Iam using latest Version of your superboot and Armon Recover, both 1.5.2., how can run a command?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cortiis

I am not able to do this. Getting the r\error:

<remote: not allow android>

this also came when I was trying to get root to my Hero. At that time i used the recovery image flasher.

What do I do now to resolve this?

Please help.

Edit: Just flashed the unlocked SPL and no error now. Have the Modaco guy as my splash screen. Way to go.

Edited by cortiis

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ShmuelDino

Hi

I got a HTC HERO from UK (ORANGE) , but can't login into the menu without unlock code

Those the above will help ?

Is anyone know how to flash the rom without accessing to the device menu? all the explains i found related to the option to boot from the HTC itself - but , as mention earlier - can't login

I do have microSD card 8G if needs

Thx a lot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Rafael Aquino

how can i change de splash on huawei u8220 (Pulse from T-mobile)??

when i appy the splash1 a get the message:

--------

edited:

guys.. i found a waitting.rle into root directory at "adb shell" but when i replace the waitting.rle for modaco rle file do not change the screen.. the ramdisk return to a template when the cell phone reboot?

procedure:

# mount -o remount,rw /

# cp waitting.rle /sdcard/

# rm -rf /waitting.rle

# cp /sdcard/myrlefile.rle /waitting.rle

----

<pre>

[root@rafaell android-tools]# ./fastboot flash splash1 screen.565

sending 'splash1' (48 KB)... OKAY

writing 'splash1'... FAILED (remote: partition does not exist)

</pre>

How to make this work on T-Mobile Pulse / Huawei U8220?

Anyone?

Edited by Rafael Aquino

Guest BigBearMDC

Rafael Aquino wrote (but hit the "Report" instead of the "Reply" button):

guys.. i found a waitting.rle into root directory at "adb shell" but when i replace the waitting.rle for modaco rle file do not change the screen.. the ramdisk return to a template when the cell phone reboot?

Best regards,

BB

• 1 month later...

Will this method work for the San Francisco? I asked elsewhere but no joy...

No offence meant for the MoDaCo splash, it's just I'm an illustrator so would like to experiment with my own stuff...

Edited by weba