Illegal Software in ROMS

Guest Joshua (Omnia i910)

Guest Joshua (Omnia i910)

I have read the policy posted by The Main Man which states that no illegal third party software, including trials, are allowed on the custom ROM's. Where does Windows Mobile 6.5 fall in to this rule? I'm just curious if that is viewed as an illegal copy of Windows Mobile since the Omnia's came with a license for 6.1 Professional. I'm not trying to be a smart@$, I'm really just asking.

Guest necosino

Pretty sure M$ Releases their pre-releases to developers in order to test compatability/new software. Just like pre-releasing Windows 7.

Now, if Samsung were already shipping phones out with WinMo 6.5, then there might be an issue.

But, us choosing to install it, knowing full-well that it is a beta version, is compeletely within the scope of their policy, as well as Modaco's (I believe).

Guest bga7x
Pretty sure M$ Releases their pre-releases to developers in order to test compatability/new software. Just like pre-releasing Windows 7.

Now, if Samsung were already shipping phones out with WinMo 6.5, then there might be an issue.

But, us choosing to install it, knowing full-well that it is a beta version, is compeletely within the scope of their policy, as well as Modaco's (I believe).

well said!