Adrynlyne has done it again! Check this Gps fix out

Guest bga7x

Guest omniaK

changed to bgil55 V3 rom with the quick position built into the rom, working great now ;)

many thanks to adrylyne for finding this.

Guest thescope

Using Igo 8.3 in Israel I get a lock in 20-40 seconds but when visiting the UK I takes like 3-5 minutes,

Must be the clouds, very few cloudy days in Israel this time of the year..

So i tested the second app and now I can get a fix in London in like 20-40 seconds!

I still can't get a fix indoors.. and how would this be possible I thought GPS needed a direct link to a Satellite?

Thanks adrylyne & bga7x!!

Guest dwallersv
Upload the file to photobucket or flickr, and then copy the URL that it gives you for the image. Then head back over here to modaco and click the "insert image" button at the top of the form when writing a new comment and paste the URL from photobucket or flickr in

Viola

Thought (was hoping) there was a more direct way. Might as well stick with my current method.

Guest dwallersv
Is it cloudy in your area? Clouds have proven problematic for the Omnia GPS and this app.

Well now, that just makes no sense technically.

GPS reception problems with cloud cover? Yes.

Clouds interfering with downloaded, current ephemeris data? Nope.

Am I'm missing something?

Guest dwallersv
There are 2 apps mentioned in his thread over at ppcgeeks. Use the FIRST one, not the second. Turns out the second one isn't working properly. The first one however does.

Second one (Quick GPS) is working fine for me on my 910. Cold lock in about 30sec, warm lock in a few seconds.

Definitely much faster than before I installed and ran it. Of course, the more out of date the ephemeris data gets, the potentially longer a lock takes.

One of the big wins with Quick GPS is it can automatically update ephemeris data every 3 days.

Guest Junoman
Hi dmk79,

Still I can't find this "Data Connection" in the System menu!!!! Since I'm very blunt with newday technological sophistications. My rom as;

PDA: i900XXHJ5/MSHJ1

PHONE: I900XXHI5

Any further assistance please and thanks in advance.

J.

Pop this up again???

J