The latest official English ROM: XBIC1

Guest tibor22

Guest Hitchi
Yes, this is official updater for Vista.

so it isn't working for custom ROMs without changes in the registry... is there another version ?

Guest mh21ttn

for omnia is not called RADIO ROM, this is for HTC devices. for omnia  is called PHONE and this meen you signal operator your gps reciever. 

Guest Владик

Tibor22

Hi there.

please will you post your comment rdng the battery life?

I´m very displeased with DXID1 battery life.

Please, post your impressions.

I have all downloaded, just need feedback!

Guest 0kti

well i have phone.bin from this rom second day

i recharged battery yesterday 16.00, phone was working all night, now is 13.00 and battery is 99%

i'm very happy now

Guest Владик
well i have phone.bin from this rom second day

i recharged battery yesterday 16.00, phone was working all night, now is 13.00 and battery is 99%

i'm very happy now

Okti, thanks.

I´m in DXID1, yesterday before bedtime my phone was 90% charged, now in the mourning it just died ;)

Which ROM were you into before updating phone part to XBIC1?

Guest Hitchi
Okti, thanks.

I´m in DXID1, yesterday before bedtime my phone was 90% charged, now in the mourning it just died ;)

Which ROM were you into before updating phone part to XBIC1?

the same here but I'm still afraid flashing it because there are so few comments about these 

there was a lot more interest on former new phone versions

yo man, any1 tested the phone part with 6.5? aztabetyármindenit

hey! /hungarian part it will be translated to english/ én még nem tesztőtem le 6.5-el de eddig számomra nagy csalódás az a fos, habár a 6.1-ba is bezárnak a progik meg 6.5 lassú nálam mint az atom /lil bit english part/ "dunno why".

/english part/ I still haven't tested the XBIC1 with 6.5, but 6.5 is a big dissappointing to me, because this the programs closing and it's terrible slow, but the programs closing in 6.1 too.

Peace! ;)

Guest Владик

I´m euphoricccc!

guys please post comments about this ROM

is it possible to have Russian in it?

How does the language is changed? In settings menu? iIs ther GPS?

Spasibo!!

thankssssss

Guest Hitchi

it seems that the version is not so popular than the other ones and I dont know why

with the DXID1 I have battery draining issues, so I wanted a new one but with such few info and no interest from the cookers side I think it is not a good version

Guest tibor22
I´m euphoricccc!

guys please post comments about this ROM

is it possible to have Russian in it?

How does the language is changed? In settings menu? iIs ther GPS?

Spasibo!!

thankssssss

Don't be euphoric!

1. I couldn't really evaluate the battery drain yet, because all the time, since I put the rom, went with re-installing my usual progs, trying out GPS (iGO8 - run perfectly), fine-tuning the system, etc. -- so, I constantly used the Omnia and recharged the battery every day. I need one-two more days to have a picture on power consumption with normal / moderate use. It SEEMS TO BE better than DXID1. But it's NOT my final word.

2. It cannot be Russian! It can be English or Swedish, or Danish, or Norwegian. That's it. There is an item called 'Language change' in Settings/System. It detects the 'i900XBIC1.MLI' file that was installed into the root of My Storage. This file contains the languages. But changing the language needs hard reset!

3. There are minor disadvantages too. First, I liked the Favorite Settings integrated into the Main Menu in DXIA5 or DXID1. But this rom has the old-style Main Menu: the bottom-right icon opens the normal Settings menu instead of Fav. Settings. (Certainly you can put it into the user-customizable Shortcuts screen, but...) Secondly, I missed Smart Reader that is not present in XBIC1. Finally I found somwhere the original Samsung cab and installed. WARNING: the Smart Reader cab, avaible in this Forum's original cab repository thread IS NOT GOOD. Don't install it. Thirdly, Enhanced GPS has less settings than any previous version. XTRA Enable/Diasble, Auto download Enable/Disable, Download interval. That's it.

But my overall impression is GOOD! The rom is stable, quick enough, screen is sensible, GPS also, Midomi is a good song-recognising prog. XBIC1 still has the chance to be my rom for a long time.

I'll post some screenshots later, when I have more time.

Edited by tibor22

Guest wprotheus

hi...

I put this rom in my omnia tree times... in diferents ways... and all the results were the same... first: blue screen with same smalls darkblue squares on left side and after black screen... I´m from Brazil and it set to Singapura... Besides tibor22, someone else tried this rom???

thanks

Edited by wprotheus

Guest Rdy2Go
 and all the results were the same... first: blue screen with same smalls darkblue squares on left side and after black screen... 

I have exactly the same ;)

Id rather stay with my actual rom said2 wm6.5 R6.5v5 by Ryrzy and PHONE (radio rom) xxib2.

So far i have no idea what to think about it. Im using classic today with spb diary and spb phone suite. The only advantage of 6.5 over 6.1 is more finger friendly interface and menus.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I have been trying do download the latest rom from samsungs website but the link is dead.

Is there someone who has the rom updater for windows xp and who is willing to share it?

Thanks!

:)