Linux on Samsung Omnia

Guest fladna9

Guest mosci
can i dowload software and instal it in omnibuntu?

yes you can install *.deb packages with dpkg per example ... but i don't know anything about your linux-skills.

i have managed this by downloading the packages,

copied them to the rootfs

starting the rootfs in qemu and then installed them.

the links to the two packages have i posted in the android-thread (post #808)

unfortunatly i didn't get network working on this rootfs - even in qemu ...

but you can (so did i) boot another qemu-image with networksupport and mount the rootfs there

... i did so because i thought i could then chroot into omnibuntu, but that didn't worked out due to

different architecture arm v5 vs arm v6... so i ended up with 'illegal instruction' error.

another easy was is ... to mount the rootfs directly from within the phone (via usb) and wget them files there

then ... after booting omnibuntu you probably install them by doubleclicking ;-) i'm not sure if that works also, but it worth a try

i will need some time to figure out a better way ... or get network working ... or find/build a qemu-image from wich i can chroot ...

unfortunatly i don't have so much time to play arround :P

this is the right repository

maybe we get some hint from a user with higher skills about this ... or we have to learn by doing :D

Edited by mosci

Guest mosci

ok .. sorry for my delay ... but i found out how to create a ubuntu rootfs by myself ... and it's seems easyer for me to build a own one rather than changing the oldwone :P

it's not a big deal to create a own rootfs to which you can chroot an install software (i can now chroot into the omnibuntu too) ... ok, you have to do most of the work in the console, but thats my daily work :D

so in the moment i'm more intrested to create a new rootfs than changing the otherone

the simple way to install software is via console in a chroot ...

if someone will try that to, here is the part that makes it simple.

don't forget to mount proc,dev,dev/pts to the changeroot :P then you can use apt-get like usualy

Guest r1c4rd0

i dont understand about linux... my room mate understand, just he helps me about that, but now he is out of porto. i will show him and tell to tell me how to do it.

mate post in android post, its better for all of us, sharing kernel knowlege.

thanks a lot

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sebastian91

podrias poner un tutorial en español??

you could put a tutorial in Spanish?

vous pouvez mettre un tutoriel en espagnol?