Newbie scared...bricked one....try again? Vista or XP?

Guest cdouglass

Guest cdouglass

I bricked my i910 on my first attempt to flash the leaked c220 rom. Got a new one from VZ. I really want to try it again and I think I followed all the directions carefully. I flash my blackberry phones on a weekly basis without any problems.

Is vista or XP better for flashing an i910?

Guest godwhacker
I bricked my i910 on my first attempt to flash the leaked c220 rom. Got a new one from VZ. I really want to try it again and I think I followed all the directions carefully. I flash my blackberry phones on a weekly basis without any problems.

xp would be more consistent with the directions posted around here and ppc geeks.

i use xp on mine, and have never had a hiccup flashing, but i am really procedure strict.

Guest techmaster7545

i use vista home for mine abt 30 times no problems at all just follow directions very carefully good luck .

Guest necosino

I'm on Windows 7. My instructions in my "Start HERE" post is written for both XP and Vista/7

Honestly, except for the drivers, it the exact same process, and will not make a difference if you use XP or Vista or 7.

Guest cdouglass

Thanks for the replies. I used my XP machine and followed everything exactly. I have now succesfully flashed the base ROM......now for the real update!

Guest lost_sims

I bricked my first one i tried to flash... when it was flashing the last part it was stuck on 11% for a hour. i followed all the intructions that i had and it looked all good until the freeze up. now it only has the red led and nothing comes on the screen. so i am just getting a new one. Can some one send me somewhere to go to make sure i get everything i need for sure this time. I really want to flash it again. but if i am just going to brick it again i really dont want to hastle with it. Thanks

Guest necosino
I bricked my first one i tried to flash... when it was flashing the last part it was stuck on 11% for a hour. i followed all the intructions that i had and it looked all good until the freeze up. now it only has the red led and nothing comes on the screen. so i am just getting a new one. Can some one send me somewhere to go to make sure i get everything i need for sure this time. I really want to flash it again. but if i am just going to brick it again i really dont want to hastle with it. Thanks

Right here bud, read the entire first post through before starting, and if you have questions, just post in that thread, I check back at least twice an hour ;)

Guest lost_sims
Right here bud, read the entire first post through before starting, and if you have questions, just post in that thread, I check back at least twice an hour ;)

Is there any way i can do this with the one i bricked or do i just have to wait until i get the new one? Thanks for your help... The phone only has the the red led and thats it... is it a lost cause?

Guest necosino
Is there any way i can do this with the one i bricked or do i just have to wait until i get the new one? Thanks for your help... The phone only has the the red led and thats it... is it a lost cause?

Yeah, if it won't turn on at all, it's basically done for ;)

Guest lost_sims
Yeah, if it won't turn on at all, it's basically done for ;)

Thank sucks... but when i flash it with the new rom what else can i do? is there any other things you suggest? And If it freezes again when i am flashing what should i do to make sure i dont brick it again.

Edited by lost_sims

Guest necosino
Thank sucks... but when i flash it with the new rom what else can i do? is there any other things you suggest? And If it freezes again when i am flashing what should i do to make sure i dont brick it again.

Make sure you're on USB 2.0. Probably 80%+ of the failed flashes are because the person tried to flash using USB 1 or USB 1.1. It need to be 2.0

Don't do a whole lot on the computer while it's running, it only takes like 10-15 minutes, be patient..