questions about flashing

Guest snaai8

Guest snaai8

Hi,

My omnia is a i900XKHJ3/XKHJ3

can i flash my omnia with every rom or do i need a special one?

And if i flash my omnia to a new rom lets say a windows mobile 6.5 rom do i lose the widgets in the home screen?

And if i lose them can i reinstall them?

If i don't like the rom can i go back to my original rom or am i stuck on the one i have upgraded to?

Thanks

Guest foxmylife

You can install any ROM (official and non-official) for Omnia from any other omnia ROM. However, when you tried to update the ROM, the software might told you that there is a problem with the PDA. In that case, try another ROM. If you want a special ROM, first update to a recent official omnia ROM and then try again with the ROM you want.

You can always go back to your previous ROM if you have the installer in your computer.

You might loose widgets if the ROM didn't integrated it. Read about the ROM before updating.

Don't forget to read this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/

Good luck!

Guest snaai8

I've got one more question...

I saw a rom for the omnia (a official rom) that does have a widget that says download more widgets....

i would like to have more widgets and the dutch omnia of mine won't have that update right away...

can i update to that rom to or is there a cooked rom for this one because i dind't find any....

(and sorry for my English)

Guest foxmylife

I'm not a big fan of widgets so I don't really know. You should update to the last dutch rom to see if there is what you want. If not, use an english ROM or wait ;)

Guest snaai8

I already had send a email to samsung about the rom updates but there reply was not very helpfull

(they said: sorry we can't say anything about this yet)

So i don't think they are releasy enything soon....

But if i want i can just upgrade to a rom of another country?