TomTom and WM6.5

Guest Thomassio

Guest Thomassio

Hello,

Tx al lot for the 23001 rom. It's works perfectly. I have one question about TomTom. WM6.1 works with TomTom using portsplitter/GPSproxy, but i cannot get TomTom working on WM6.5. Not directly and not with portsplitter or GPSproxy.

Anyone any ideas?

Tx in advance,

Thomas Arts

Guest devilkazuya

I have gpsproxy and tomtom working on 6.5

On gpsproxy click on menu and extension and remove the third garming ones. then click configure, GPS com port: COM3, tick mirror gps input to output port and output COM port as COM1:

Then go back and click menu, Virtual COM ports and click Add, it will Add COM1:

Run tomtom and select COM1 and it should work.

There is also a registry fix that you can do and it will catch gps signal quickly.

use your fav registry editor and go to:

HKLM > System > CurrentControlSet > GPS Intermidiate Driver

There are two Log files in here called CurrentLogFile and OldLogFile. Delete the string value or remove the extension.

Guest ronaldb3
I have gpsproxy and tomtom working on 6.5

On gpsproxy click on menu and extension and remove the third garming ones. then click configure, GPS com port: COM3, tick mirror gps input to output port and output COM port as COM1:

Then go back and click menu, Virtual COM ports and click Add, it will Add COM1:

Run tomtom and select COM1 and it should work.

There is also a registry fix that you can do and it will catch gps signal quickly.

use your fav registry editor and go to:

HKLM > System > CurrentControlSet > GPS Intermidiate Driver

There are two Log files in here called CurrentLogFile and OldLogFile. Delete the string value or remove the extension.

I have TT6 working using GPSgate with com 3 in and virtual com 6 out to TT. I think this works the same as portsplitter.

Ron...

• 1 month later...