Can anyone help a noobie..........

Guest SPV WOODIE

Guest SPV WOODIE

Hi All

is there anyone who could assit me in de branding my orange htc touch 3g to a stock htc touch 3g, need to lose the orange software but im struggling to sort it! Not as straight foward as the other htc's I have had in the past! Any help welcome, been on the xda site but finding it difficult! ;)

Cheers Woodie

Guest SPV WOODIE

After alot of head scratching and a lot of patience I have successfully flashed the stock htc rom onto the touch 3g and a few new apps and its miles better now after ditching the orange branded software! Well worth doing!

• 7 months later...
After alot of head scratching and a lot of patience I have successfully flashed the stock htc rom onto the touch 3g and a few new apps and its miles better now after ditching the orange branded software! Well worth doing!

Appreciate it has been a while since you posted this, but I am getting one of these... can you give any details? :D

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Appreciate it has been a while since you posted this, but I am getting one of these... can you give any details? :D

Haven't done it myself (all the ones I've seen were HTC generic) but usually you just need to hard spl then flash the generic official update onto the device.

M.S

Haven't done it myself (all the ones I've seen were HTC generic) but usually you just need to hard spl then flash the generic official update onto the device.

M.S

Hi M.S

Done the hard spl and got the ROM binary, all I need now is to find the flashing prog

Guest forelli
Hi M.S

Done the hard spl and got the ROM binary, all I need now is to find the flashing prog

You will need a RUU wrapper ('flash prog') and a rom that fits your needs, or just a stock rom.

You will need a RUU wrapper ('flash prog') and a rom that fits your needs, or just a stock rom.

Thanks, managed to extract the flash utility from one of the RUUs and substituted the rom image with a Win 6.5 one

Applied the upgrade and was surprised to still see the Orange branding on startup (I assumed that it would have been over written).

All seems to work at present but need to finalise some Tmobile settings and get the original HTC homepage.

Thanks to all for your help :(