Custom WM6.5 ROMs for i900 by Ryrzy

Guest Ryrzy

Guest Xanderous

i did , i activated it via registry, reboot, it came out a silver type of dial pad, n d Phone Setting has a Video call option which when i clik nothing happens :)

Guest ascot17

Hi Ryrzy,

Can you please tell me how I can add new programs to the M2D launcher screen?

I am a relative noobie, but have been browsing this excellent site now for over a month. I have flashed several ROMs and am currently using your 28002 M2D.

My problem is this:

When I go to the launcher tab and click on an 'Add' icon, the next page lists the following programs:

post-622364-1262693308_thumb.jpg

I can add any of these programs without problem, but is it possible to add a program that does not appear on this list (or how do I add programs to this list)? I have spent days searching this and other forums trying to find an answer but have so far drawn a blank! Many thanks if you are able to help!

Hi Ryrzy,

I am a relative noobie, but have been browsing this excellent site now for over a month. I have flashed several ROMs and am currently using your 28002 M2D.

My problem is this:

When I go to the launcher tab and click on an 'Add' icon, the next page lists the following programs:

I can add any of these programs without problem, but is it possible to add a program that does not appear on this list (or how do I add programs to this list)? I have spent days searching this and other forums trying to find an answer but have so far drawn a blank! Many thanks if you are able to help!

In file manager or file explorer, find the program you want to appear in the list and copy it. Now paste a shortcut of this program in windows->start menu->programs and from then on the program will appear in the list.

Guest blade87
Hi Ryrzy,

My problem is this:

Just scroll down in the list to see the others. The list contains all installed applications that have a shortcut in the Start Menu. When you add a program to the Start Menu, you also add it in the list. What problems may there be? By adding the app to Manila, you just make a shortcut to it.

Guest ascot17
In file manager or file explorer, find the program you want to appear in the list and copy it. Now paste a shortcut of this program in windows->start menu->programs and from then on the program will appear in the list.

Thanks for the quick reply, but this doesn't work. Windows->start menu->programs already contains shortcuts for all the programs on the device (there are 40+ shortcuts there). Only the 6 mentioned above appear in the list for the program launcher however.

I have used Windows search on my PC to search the device for 'Bing' (one of the 6 items). Bink.lnk is found ONLY in Windows->start menu->programs.

Windows-> Appbuttons contains 5 links:

Calendar

Contacts

Finger Mouse

Record

Tasks

This seems to be a more likely place to list the items but these are not the same items that appear in the program launcher!

I am still stuck!

Guest Xanderous
it has... you must active samsung skin dialer

i did , i activated it via registry, reboot, it came out a silver type of dial pad, n d Phone Setting has a Video call option which when i clik nothing happens

and can anyone tell me how to fix d M2DC themes, cos when i load any other .zip theme in the M2DC frm here http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...emes-for-omnia/ and d clock n tab icons will be messed up.. any help will be appreciated

Guest ascot17
Just scroll down in the list to see the others. The list contains all installed applications that have a shortcut in the Start Menu. When you add a program to the Start Menu, you also add it in the list. What problems may there be? By adding the app to Manila, you just make a shortcut to it.

Thanks Blade - after a hard reset I can now see the other programs on the list. For some reason the programs list would not scroll and I could ony see the 6 items listed. It is now scrolling properly. If only everything was that simple!!

Guest d3xt3r

Does this ROM update the PHONE part of the Omnia ?

I heard that there are some problems regarding updating that part, as in it cannot detect the local Network providers ( Orange, Vodafone...etc) . If i am wrong in my assumption please correct me , or give a link regarding information about this. Thank you.

Guest ...angel...
sorry but how do you activate samsung skin dialer through registry?

Use the Advanced Config... choose phone then click phone skin.. finally.. change the disabled(default) to enabled(advised) at the bottom of the screen

Does this ROM update the PHONE part of the Omnia ?

I heard that there are some problems regarding updating that part, as in it cannot detect the local Network providers ( Orange, Vodafone...etc) . If i am wrong in my assumption please correct me , or give a link regarding information about this. Thank you.

No.. it does not include the phone part...

Edited by ...angel...

Guest DJWinder

Rom looks fantastic, I'm looking to get the M2D version 28205 but im still pretty new to all this. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to flash this onto an i900 with the following versions, UK phone currently unlocked :

PDA: i900 XXHJ4 / MSHJ1

Phone: i900XXHI5

Guest NickVL

I keep getting a checksum failed error when I try to flash the most recent 3 ROMS after Eboot.

Computer is XP with plenty of horsepower. Verizon i910 phone with official VZW/Samsung CF03 update installed.

I've tried setting the phone to mass storage and to activesync. No luck.

I turned off all connections in activesync on the computer. No luck.

Re-installed modem driver. No luck.

Many, many restarts. No luck.

I was able to flash previously with the updater program and bin files, but am having no luck at all with the .exe installers (even tried a different cooks ROM with the same results). Also strangely my old bin ROM files are now associated with the .exe updater. Am I missing something?