Emulators

Guest jamjamjam

Guest jamjamjam

Just recently taken delivery of my Toshiba TG01 but was really disappointed to find that:

Morphgear runs veeeeeery slow ;)

FPSECE doesn't work at all :D

In terms of the latter, I know SinSilla has got it to work, how did you do it??

Guest SinSilla
Just recently taken delivery of my Toshiba TG01 but was really disappointed to find that:

Morphgear runs veeeeeery slow ;)

FPSECE doesn't work at all :D

In terms of the latter, I know SinSilla has got it to work, how did you do it??

Jeah, that´s true, fpsece is working great on my device (despite the fact that it can´t be used in landscape mode etc). Make sure that you install the latest version! (which is 0.9.6, not 0.9.5 which you can download on the mainpage!). Furthermore you have to set you vga driver in fpsece to VGA. That´s about it. 

FPSEce0.09.6_beta.rar

Guest jamjamjam

Cheers!

I think Morphgear is slow because GAPI mode doesn't work... I guess that may be related to why the phone scored so bad in the GL Benchmark tests you did?

Guest SinSilla

GAPI in general does work, it just doesn´t work correct in some applications.

I´m sure that i got those bad GLBenchmark results due to the painfully slow Swapbuffer Speed. It´s definitely the bottle neck right now, but i really don´t know if "we" could do anything about that, probably not, at least in the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest i900french-addict

Hey guys!

I bring you good news concerning the TG01 and Fpsece.

=>I know from Schtruck that landscape mode doesn't work just because there's a limit for the display that can be used in landscape in fpsece, a limit put by Schtruck who had not thought about such devices. So he will simply remove this limit ;-)

=>Schtruck will have a TG01 soon too (I said "soon", no LDchen to delay this looooooool), a good thing I suppose for a perfect compatibility

You'll see me around in this topic a lot in a short time (I hope to receive my tg01 by the end of this week)

PS: oooooppps, will I have to change my name to TG01frenchaddict? Wait and see, I still keep an eye on the Omnia II loooooooooool

Edited by i900french-addict

Guest SinSilla
Hey guys!

I bring you good news concerning the TG01 and Fpsece.

=>I know from Schtruck that landscape mode doesn't work just because there's a limit for the display that can be used in landscape in fpsece, a limit put by Schtruck who had not thought about such devices. So he will simply remove this limit ;-)

=>Schtruck will have a TG01 soon too (I said "soon", no LDchen to delay this looooooool), a good thing I suppose for a perfect compatibility

You'll see me around in this topic a lot in a short time (I hope to receive my tg01 by the end of this week)

PS: oooooppps, will I have to change my name to TG01frenchaddict? Wait and see, I still keep an eye on the Omnia II loooooooooool

Very very very happy to hear those news my Friend! I should hop over to Fpsece and have a look what happened there in the meantime. ;)

And is should hurry up with new videos as long as im holding the speedcrown. :)

Edited by SinSilla

Guest sridsdill

Hi all, this is my first post so i thought i would say hi first. Been having a great time reading through all the posts and learning tips and trick for my TG01.

Unfortunately i am trying to get fpsece and am having no joy. I have downloaded wvga fix but when i try to load the iso it just shows the screen with the fpsece data on. i have set it to VGA but still no joy.

Is there anything i am missing? I am thinking it might be that my isos are corrupt......any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sam

Guest i900french-addict

As usual:

-be sure to disable fastboot in the options of fpsece

then when you start an iso, if you can't the the PSX logo, or if you see it with a lot of bugs: the iso is corrupted

PS: and be sure to use fpsece 0.9.6

Guest Zeiram

I have my TG01 as well now. I started playing around a bit, and FPSEce works awesome on alot of games. So far i played Fighting Force and Parasite Eve. Both of them are fluid with 60+ FPS and so they are VERY playable. The 3D Shooter Medal of Honor has around 55 FPS and works great. Diablo only works around 35 FPS wich makes it playable still. I have no chance to record proper Videos unfortunately.

One thing i noticed on Parasite Eve: The Videos work with around 30-40 FPS and are choppy of course. When i tap the screen where the video is in the speed increases for a short period and the video is running fine.

I will test a few more games, just need to rip the few i have... :)

@ SinSilla: Vielleicht können wir uns ja auch auf Deutsch austauschen? ^^

Edited by Zeiram

Guest LeSScro

MorphGear 2.4.0.9

use GDI display... Dreed MultiTouch Pad v0.3

SNES Emulator is tooooo fast, i need remove frameskip...

FPSCE 0.96...

Tooo Fast...

Guest i900french-addict

FpseCE 0.9.6 going too fast, making some games unplayable?

In Fpse.ini:

AutoSpeed=off => AutoSpeed=on

;)

(And I say F..k to the french post, always late, if my tg01 is not in my mailbox tomorrow, I'll kick the postman's ass!!! :) )

Guest Zeiram
FpseCE 0.9.6 going too fast, making some games unplayable?

In Fpse.ini:

AutoSpeed=off => AutoSpeed=on

;)

(And I say F..k to the french post, always late, if my tg01 is not in my mailbox tomorrow, I'll kick the postman's ass!!! :) )

Ah thanks, didnt see that.

Have to try that as soon as i am back in the office... uhhhhh i meant at home... ^^

Guest Malt_Vinegar

Where can i get the 0.9.6?? I cant find the download on the fpsece site? Only 0.9.4?

*EDIT* Nevermind - My google-fu was weak today ;)

Found it now :)

Edited by Malt_Vinegar

Guest jamjamjam

LeSScro

Is that morphgear running full screen? For me it was super slooooooooooooooooooooow, I even tried messing with the graphics settings but didnt have much luck :s?

Guest Zeiram
LeSScro

Is that morphgear running full screen? For me it was super slooooooooooooooooooooow, I even tried messing with the graphics settings but didnt have much luck :s?

Morphgear works great as far as i tested, GBA only fluid without sound though. Make sure to set the frameskip to 1, since you cant see a big difference between 0 and 1 anyways... ^^

Which systems did you try?

Guest jamjamjam
Morphgear works great as far as i tested, GBA only fluid without sound though. Make sure to set the frameskip to 1, since you cant see a big difference between 0 and 1 anyways... ^^

Which systems did you try?

I tried SNES only. On my Omnia all SNES games run full speed, full sound, full screen (except 3D ones) but when I tried with TG01 it was really slow!

So you can run it full screen with sound at full speed???

Guest i900french-addict

Got my TG01 this morning!

Thanks to SinSilla, Schtruck had started to work on having landscape with FpseCE on TG01

(I suppose I was, like with my Omnia, lucky enough not to struggle to have it working, my first try with one of the 0.10 used in my omnia was successfull on the TG01, just to force VGA in the .ini)

So after a 1st success with the version of my omnia (no skin, no landscape, but working!) I got the skin, then the version SinSilla had helped Schtruck to make (a very nice skin, and landscape WORKING!)

Now, let me the pleasure to announce that EVERYTHING RUNS FULL SPEED in landscape mode, without needing frameskip, and with all sounds ON, including the famous XAstreams (that can take up to 20% of a CPU)

I have tested a few games, will test more tonight, but here are my first results:

=>Gran Turismo: 51 fps on my PAL version (pal max is 50) so FULL speed with no frameskip at all, and all the musics on (in landscape!)

=>Tekken 3: one of the hardest game to emulate, usually slow: 51 fps on my PAL version no frameskip at all, full music, landscape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for me, the time of trying to increase speed is over, welcome to the time of full compatibility with all the possible games!!!

Schtruck rulllllllles!!! (and LDchen of course!!!)

Guest SinSilla

Hey McCoy, please consider this report and the ones that will follow (i will have a full feature video up and running as soon as possible) as a preview.

FpseCE 0.10 is not finished yet, even if it works great on the TG01 for now. But Schtruck and LDchen have to make sure that FpseCe will run as best as possible on every WinMo device.

But as you can see, they made really great progress and they are working very very hard on it.

Like i900frenchaddict said, i had the pleasure to help (feeling bad when using this word, i´m just testing and giving feedback..) Schtruck with the latest build and we were testing until 2 o´clock in the morning, and my guess is that he didn´t stop at this point! ;)

And btw, there will be no need for WVGAFix anymore. :)

Edited by SinSilla

Guest i900french-addict

SinSilla, I suppose Schtruck told you about this, but if he didn't:

HLE must be OFF, and FpsCount also, so that you'll have a 100% perfect landscape left

The version of morphgear I had on my omnia doesn't work on my TG01

Edited by i900french-addict

Guest i900french-addict

A few vids of FpseCE on the TG01

Tekken 3

Tomb Raider 3

Gran Turismo 2 Edited by i900french-addict

Guest IBTECH
A few vids of FpseCE on the TG01

Tekken 3

Tomb Raider 3

Gran Turismo 2

This just looks too cool!!!

Damn!

Now I only need to find an unlocked English TG01 :)