Verizon i910 UPDATE IS HERE!!!

Guest somedude

Guest somedude

I have been watching this link:

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...mp;AT_ID=157997

All morning, and it has been being updated all day(originally it had a link for the SCH-i907(the epix), but that has been taken down).

Now recently the page has been updated to reference the samsung i910.

Im assuming the actually download link is next.

I really hope this is a HUGE update, we waited almost 8 months for this. I am hoping for faster performance, a-gps functionality and UI tweaks. Hopefully, this isnt just a simple gps fix.

UPDATE:

THE LINK IS UP!!!

COME AND GET IT!!!

https://techtrain.samsungwireless.com/tekwe...%20v1.0.5.3.zip

COOKS, DO SOME COOKING!

Edited by somedude

Guest level140

Just flash your phone in the roms section... That gives you ALL the updates you could want. You don't even need to put a cooked rom in. The flash unlocks all you want and adds some nifty stuff.

Guest Adrynalyne

While introducing bugs.

While voiding your warranty.

I could go on, but there are good reasons for people wanting official.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest dwallersv

Good news.

I'd love to know the minute details of what's different between the leaked CC20 (which I've been running since it was leaked), and the official CF03 release. Features, bug fixes.

Guest Rooster Misfit

woot woot!

official release means continued warranty! and thats all that matters to me... altho im not sure if verizon will allow you to just download it from samsung's site and do it yourself... i bet they will make you come in and do it for you

Guest BrianPick
woot woot!

official release means continued warranty! and thats all that matters to me... altho im not sure if verizon will allow you to just download it from samsung's site and do it yourself... i bet they will make you come in and do it for you

Actually like the Saga it will be a down loadable exe that will update the phone for you they will not do it in the store.

Guest the v
THE LINK IS LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes is working i will call Verizon to double check

I'm downloading it right now 121 mb

;)

Edited by the v

Guest krelvinaz

Just got email from Verizon...

Thank you for your interest in adding open GPS to your Samsung Omnia

from Verizon Wireless. To download the software that will add this

feature to your phone, go to:

http://support.vzw.com/phones/index.html?p=4366

Once you download the new software, your Omnia will be equipped with not

only VZ Navigator but will also allow you to use other navigational

services that you obtain from third party retailers.

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service

Apparently, they are including VZNav in the ROM not that I'm interested in that.

Won't be able to play with this until Friday or so. busy.

Guest the v
Just got email from Verizon...

Apparently, they are including VZNav in the ROM not that I'm interested in that.

Won't be able to play with this until Friday or so. busy.

got of the phone with big red the update is official so don't worry if you destroy your cell just back up your data HURRAY!!!!!!!!

just takes for ever to download ;)

Edited by the v

Guest cuzzinz

oh wow... if A GPS works ill be soo excited... i just need google maps to work... haha...

Anyone done the update without the pda?

Guest bowtie26
oh wow... if A GPS works ill be soo excited... i just need google maps to work... haha...

AGPS works with Google maps!!!!!!

Guest Rooster Misfit

so can anyone state any differences yet? whats in it?

all the computers in my house are x64 bit systems and it says that its not compatible for those systems which blows

Edited by Rooster Misfit

AGPS works with Google maps!!!!!!

I just updated the CF rom, locked on with Google maps. then flashed to BW 6.5 rom installed G-Maps and it recieved a lock within in 20 seconds. Bing worked as well! YAY! I really think this is AGPS!

Guest somedude

We may be in luck my friend. I got a lock as soon as i clicked google maps.

It wasnt a accurate lock, but this may be a sign that A-GPS is indeed functional, since google maps was still searching for satellietes.

Guest jlc0005

I see that the instructions indicate Windows Vista only. What about XP?

OK - I see now, the screen shot of the upgrade tool says 2000, XP, or Vista... the WinMo Device Center is Vista only.

Edited by jlc0005

Guest bowtie26
We may be in luck my friend. I got a lock as soon as i clicked google maps.

It wasnt a accurate lock, but this may be a sign that A-GPS is indeed functional, since google maps was still searching for satellietes.

AGPS is working because even when i turn off GPS i still get a position that is shown to be accurate between 1200-1500 meters. I had a position before EVER turning on GPS.

Guest TheDrizzle
I just updated the CF rom, locked on with Google maps. then flashed to BW 6.5 rom installed G-Maps and it recieved a lock within in 20 seconds. Bing worked as well! YAY! I really think this is AGPS!

That makes no sense. If you flash a cooked CC20 ROM over the CF02, you get the CC20 gps DDLs/functionality, so there would be no aGPS (assuming aGPS is even included in the CF02 release).

Guest Rooster Misfit

ok great so the gps is working what about other stuff like main memory is it any bigger? did they add on any more programs?

Guest jlc0005

Is it the intention to Uncheck the USB Connections of WMDC / ActiveSync during the upgrade process.... and then Check the box again before trying to sync it back up with the computer after the upgrade?

I see the reference to Vista & WMDC in several places. Can I use XP and ActiveSync?