Headache caused by LCD screens

Guest playker

Guest playker

I had MDA Compact II (HTC Charmer) for 2 years and I was very uncomfortable with its LCD screen. If I was using it long enough, I always got a headache. Whatever I was doing, browsing the web, playing games or typing, it was 100% reproducible. I was trying to ignore it but after 2 years I decided to sell it.

I've bought MDA III (HTC Blueangel) and while the screen is definitely more comfortable, it still gives me headache. I borrowed 2 other PDAs from my friends: HTC P3300 (Artemis) and Fujitsu-Siemens LOOX 720 (also manufactured by HTC). Artemis had an effect similar to Charmer. LOOX seemed to be ok, but I didn't have much chance to use it, so I'm not sure. Besides, I'm sceptical about VGA screen. I don't like it when resolution is too high and text is too small.

This problem is not specific to one LCD manufacturer. Screens for Charmer and Artemis were manufactured by either Toppoly or Samsung. Blueangel screen was made by Sony.

I have Nokia E66 with 2.4" 240x320 screen and I used to have other Nokia phones with smaller screens. None of them had this issue.

This is all I know. I can't test any other PDA without buying it. I searched the web many times and I can't find anything related. For now I'm using Nokia E66 as a phone but I would really prefer a PocketPC. I wasted my money for the Blueangel and I cannot afford any more mistakes. This is why I'm asking for help. Am I the only one who has this issue? What could possibly cause it? What should I look for before buying?

Guest playker

A few months ago. No, there is nothing wrong with my eyes in general, if it was that easy I wouldn't have posted here. As i said i have used some mobile phones with smaller screen size and haven't experienced this sort of problem. Maybe it has something to do with brightness and contrast but it's difficult to get this information about particular lcd models.