OFFICIAL VERIZON i910 UPDATE Mirror Links

Guest bigdaddykane

Guest byutzy

Hmm it seems my phone can't get a GPS lock while in my house (then again, neither can the Nextar GPS system my mom has) so I'll have to try it out more tomm. Its 1:30 in the morning here, I think I'm going to bed.

Guest Copacetic

Hello!!! I too have been watching for many months and just officially joined today. Thanks for all your good work! I have already flashed to the new official Rom with no problems. I do have one question. I am in the mountains of nc and no one gets a cell phone signal here ( you have to go into town or down the mountain). I was hoping the gps would work with either google maps or bing but it can not lock; however I have gone into town since the flash and it did work there. Does the agps (which requires a cell phone signal) prevent it from working without one? Thanks for any help!

Guest necosino

Your first GPS lock will just take quite a while. Have you been able to get a lock with any other GPS devices where you are, like a car nav unit (TomTom, Garmin, etc)?

Make sure you go to settings - personal - phone - services - gps - location ON, and do a soft reset.

Then what I would do is download BAF GPS Toggle, it's a today plugin that allows you to turn on your GPS. Turn it on, and will start seeking satellites, then go outside and wait 10-20 minutes and see if GPS Toggle says seeking: #, or Locked: #. If it says locked, your GPS is locked and you should be able to use Google Maps, livesearch, w/e.

If it keeps saying seeking: #, then you may not be able to get a lock where you are, or if it says seeking: 0, either the gps isn't on (do another soft reset) or your reception area is REALLY bad, lol..

Guest byutzy
Your first GPS lock will just take quite a while. Have you been able to get a lock with any other GPS devices where you are, like a car nav unit (TomTom, Garmin, etc)?

Make sure you go to settings - personal - phone - services - gps - location ON, and do a soft reset.

Then what I would do is download BAF GPS Toggle, it's a today plugin that allows you to turn on your GPS. Turn it on, and will start seeking satellites, then go outside and wait 10-20 minutes and see if GPS Toggle says seeking: #, or Locked: #. If it says locked, your GPS is locked and you should be able to use Google Maps, livesearch, w/e.

If it keeps saying seeking: #, then you may not be able to get a lock where you are, or if it says seeking: 0, either the gps isn't on (do another soft reset) or your reception area is REALLY bad, lol..

cool thanks I didn't have Location ON set it was only on E911. Downloading BAF GPS now and then I'll step outside (it's raining, great...) to test it.

Guest byutzy

Alright went outside, toggled the GPS on and within 4 minutes it locked on 5 satellites. Glad I don't have to borrow my mom's GPS system now.

Guest necosino
Alright went outside, toggled the GPS on and within 4 minutes it locked on 5 satellites. Glad I don't have to borrow my mom's GPS system now.

Good to hear!

Guest Copacetic

Thanks for the advice, I downloaded the toggler, followed your instructions and wallah!!! I actually get as many as 12 sats identified by the togggler and google maps is picking up around 6. I even got bing to work and it did track me accurately walking from my cabin down a road about 1/2 a mile. It still keeps trying to access the data line (we have no cell phone signal here) and both google and bing seem to be set up to go agps first so it does still take it a bit to work. If I go through the wifi of my house, it thinks it has a signal and goes over to the regular gps a little quicker. Now if only there were better cell phone coverage here...lol! Thanks again!

Edited by Copacetic

Guest Itlooksfast

Im still having problem getting a lock from the GPS. It can locate me pretty fast and somewhat accurate but it takes forever for it to lock up..if it does lock up? I have been reading other posts too and it seems like some people are having the same problem about getting a lock too...sooooo is aGPS really unlock?

I'm running Bgills V1 Cooked ROM with the new updated released CF03..I dont think its the cook rom thats giving me problem with the gps lock.

Guest necosino

No, it's just enhanced GPS, not aGPS. Follow my instructions posted above and you will be fine. Having the GPS on all the time doesn't affect your battery life (much) anyway.

Guest Itlooksfast

Well the problem is the consistency of the lock. The first time it locked up pretty fast. After that it was just really bad. Even if im outside at a beach or driving on the interstate...it takes forever! I usually leave Google Maps on all the time once I get a lock but for some reason it wouldn't keep the lock satellites. I have tried to use the GPS setting manage by windows and then COMM8 with the baud rate at 57600...Nothing! But it seems like there are other people having the same problem too.

Guest bigdaddykane
Well the problem is the consistency of the lock. The first time it locked up pretty fast. After that it was just really bad. Even if im outside at a beach or driving on the interstate...it takes forever! I usually leave Google Maps on all the time once I get a lock but for some reason it wouldn't keep the lock satellites. I have tried to use the GPS setting manage by windows and then COMM8 with the baud rate at 57600...Nothing! But it seems like there are other people having the same problem too.

it all depends on were you live.... clear sky... and a million other factors..... but what bugs me.... this girl im banging her iphone gets a lock instantly.... i hit the google maps button and... less than 2 seconds... it knows my exact location...... not an approximate location like my omnia...then i wait 2 or more mins to get an actual location..... on her iphone it is in the blink of an eye

anyone got an answer

Guest Itlooksfast

The thing is that I have tried to get a quick lock at every location possible...the park where we played vball (no trees just the vball court) the beach...the parking lot roof..empty shopping parking lot. People keep saying they get a lock in an instant if not within a minute or two. I can barely get mine. I have even reflashed the OFFICIAL RELEASE twice and still the same. Its really frustrating. I just want my GPS to get a lock and work properly. If im driving on the interstate, im expecting if i turn on my navi software or google maps to get a lock within 2-3 minutes. But no..usually if it gets a lock, it takes about 5+ minutes. Now im not saying I dont get a lock..I do. But that only happen like 20% of the time..the rest is just me waiting and getting annoy by the phone lol. I have tried MANAGE BY WINDOW....COMM8 with 57600 baud...even different baud rate. I have Garmin XT and its always been set on COMM8. And sometimes I get an error saying that I dont have a GPS..lol

If anyone want to help or experiencing the same problem...i can literally write down step-by-step what I did and see if that will help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigdaddykane

we do have agps unlocked.... but it is out of whack with the gps chip or something.....Google maps picks up agps fine..... but it takes its sweet time getting an actual gps lock

Guest Rick H

The new upgrade is available directly from Verizon now! I talked with a tech (from India, I think).

I clicked on support, selected the phone, ended up here:

http://support.vzw.com/phones/

At the bottom right of the page is this link:

Software Update (MR1)

which takes you to Samsung.

The rep was very thoughtful - he scheduled a time to call me back to ensure the upgrade went well.

To get the upgrade info I mentioned that my GPS didn't work with google earth and I sometimes had trouble sending e-mail to google (all true).

May the 6.5 enabled version of this be here soon!

Thanks, Rick

Guest physicusman

I have successfully flashed my phone as well. You guys are awesome!!! I have been on these forums since May when I first got my Onmia and you have all been a big help! :) I had to use a vista 32 bit pc i had in the house because I tried the update on my personal pc and laptop, but both have 64bit vista. The agps and gps work fine now out of the box with google maps and I am SO HAPPY!!! I am looking into custom roms now, but basically I am rockin the official firmware now. I use SMB shell 3.0 and for the most part, the phone runs great with the gui on it. Just thought I would post and let people know this works well if you follow the directions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dirka-Dirka

I searched and cannot find anything about the 5% batter meter increment now. I successfully flashed the new ROM and all is working, but the battery meter is still showing in 20% increments. I tried one of the tweaked battery meter dlls, but then it showed empty all the time.

Anyone know how to get it to display the 5% increments that it says is in there?

Edited by Dirka-Dirka

Guest blazingwolf
I searched and cannot find anything about the 5% batter meter increment now. I successfully flashed the new ROM and all is working, but the battery meter is still showing in 20% increments. I tried one of the tweaked battery meter dlls, but then it showed empty all the time.

Anyone know how to get it to display the 5% increments that it says is in there?

Open Favorite Settings. It will show the 5% increments. It does not show anywhere else.

• 7 months later...
Guest Dacari13
That is lame... Thanks for the info...

I just got an OMNIA, hand me down one, it all works FINE.

I want to flash it so I can use the GPS by itself, not navigator.

It has CF03 in it already.

Can someone guide me through the process?

Thanks!

Guest dgyahn
I just got an OMNIA, hand me down one, it all works FINE.

I want to flash it so I can use the GPS by itself, not navigator.

It has CF03 in it already.

Can someone guide me through the process?

Thanks!

Take a look at the "Pinned Topics" at the top of this forum. Follow "Method 2" to flash a new ROM after your have upgraded to CF03.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...m-verizon-i910/

Edited by dgyahn