Cannot Apply updated ROM

Guest JohnJayJrV

Guest JohnJayJrV

i am running windows xp sp3 and whenever I try running the CF03 ROM updated it constantly has me reset the device. It gets to the press the reset button and close this update tool and restart after you prepare to update. Even though I've already prepared. I even did a hard reset and still no go....

jv

Guest s10camaro

dont think you spose to close the update tool?

run the program when it gets to the reset part push the little button on top of the omnia like it shows and just sit there and watch...o wait

did you go into the connection options of active sync and uncheck the usb thing?

Guest JohnJayJrV
dont think you spose to close the update tool?

run the program when it gets to the reset part push the little button on top of the omnia like it shows and just sit there and watch...o wait

did you go into the connection options of active sync and uncheck the usb thing?

I didn't close it. I would push the reset button, but then it would go through this cycle again. Finally got it to go. I guess it knows if you have not done a backup. I had to configure on a different PC a new partnership then run the sync and now it is updating. I don't use activesync to "backup" my stuff. I have intellisync for groupwise so that syncs my contacts, mail and calendar....

One for the books...

jv

Guest tom.law
I didn't close it. I would push the reset button, but then it would go through this cycle again. Finally got it to go. I guess it knows if you have not done a backup. I had to configure on a different PC a new partnership then run the sync and now it is updating. I don't use activesync to "backup" my stuff. I have intellisync for groupwise so that syncs my contacts, mail and calendar....

One for the books...

jv

Uninstall and reinstall active sync. Then, get the CD that came with the phone and install Verizon Access manager. I had the same problem - phone kept resetting. You need the USB drivers that are installed as part of the VZ Access manager software. When you do the above and restart your computer, everything will work fine.