[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest balaams_ass
However, the rom I loaded is titanium, not ms3? Has anyone got BW's ms3 rom to work?

I think in his ROM making fever BW uploaded the wrong ROM. A few posts back he talked about being busy tonight so I guess he's not around. I'm sure soon enough we'll have the MS3 goodness.

Guest blazingwolf

Sorry, guys. I did in fact upload the incorrect file. I am fixing that now and the MS3 version should be up in about 20 minutes.

Guest blazingwolf
Beautiful! Wish you had a M2D variant, I want to go back to it.

bga7x does a M2D variant. I'm sure he will have that done soon if it is not already. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
You'd have to capture the .bin from the .exe but I suppose you could. Wait for confirmation that the BW's MS3 ROM is correct. There appears to be a question as to what the link downloads.

That's being fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Guest blazingwolf
wow i really hate being the first loser to have an issue, but after I install the rom it does the whole installation thing and that goes great, its not slow and everything looks awesome so i'm superly excited for the soft reset and stuff...

now after flashing for the 3rd time it still gets stuck on the blue thing that swirls around and has a loading bar before the wolf... and it just stays there i've waited it out for about 20 minutes and its given me nothing, I think i'll take out the SD card and see what happens when its not installing XDA

Hmm, did you flash CF03 first?

Try that again and see where you get. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
Help!!! Just reflashed to CFO3 then to your Rom and now phone inop.. Used the Verizon upgrade tool then reflashed PDA as usual.

Worked for approx an hour then when I locked sceen it would not unlock. Can't use power button to turn off. Have to use stylus to soft reset then everything loads as normal but goes immediatley to lock screen after boot up and wont unlock. I installed Genix clock,

Samsung clock,Total Commander,Google maps,& original Samsung volume controls. Installed all to device. Not sure if I can reflash

since can't turn phone off. Guess if it's bricked atleast it's loaded with the "official" update so Verizon can't argue about replacement. I guess possibly could be something in one of programs installed since no others have reported problems, but all the

files used were ran with BW v10 with no issues. Any ideas??? BTW - thanks for all your hardwork on everything!!! I have tried all the

previous Roms and none of them last more than a few minutes then I'm reflashing to yours. Just can't understand why phone worked for an hour then decided to stay locked???

Sounds like a program you installed is locking up. Hard reset and then install your programs slowly until you have issues. Then don't install that program anymore.

If for some reason you need to reflash we can get around the need for your phone to be on. A hard reset should get you going again though.

Guest tmar23
Hmm, did you flash CF03 first?

Try that again and see where you get. ;)

I had the same issue. I think he just needs to remove his sd card, and re-flash your rom. It worked for me, and someone else who pointed it out originally. I would recommend he try that first. Of course, I am a complete newbie, so this is just a mere suggestion for what it is worth.

Guest blazingwolf
You weren't the first, cause I had the same issue. When I took my card out and reflashed the rom, it rebooted just fine. So I manually installed all the programs in my XDA folder with the exception of FTouchSL (I didn't realize this rom had kinetic scrolling without it), power-cycled, and its totally fine. I dunno if installing FTouchSL is to blame exactly, and I can't say how long kinetic scrolling has been in BWs roms (because I've had FTouchSL in the XDA folder for a couple roms now), but by not installing it, I eliminated the problem. Just an idea, but I'm interested to see if there's a correlation.

Other than that minor (heart attack-inducing) issue, this rom is even better than the last somehow. Thanks again!

The scrolling was added with this ROM. It is noted in the release notes. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
I had the same issue. I think he just needs to remove his sd card, and re-flash your rom. It worked for me, and someone else who pointed it out originally. I would recommend he try that first. Of course, I am a complete newbie, so this is just a mere suggestion for what it is worth.

Shouldn't need to remove the card though it is always possible it is interfering in some way. XDA_UC will not work though unless the card is in.

Guest tmar23
Shouldn't need to remove the card though it is always possible it is interfering in some way. XDA_UC will not work though unless the card is in.

Right, XDA_UC will not work without the card, and it was one of my programs (I think FTouchSL?) that was causing my problem where the phone would get stuck on the initial re-boot after installing your rom. When I removed the card and re-flashed, I also removed the problem of my programs auto-installing and causing this problem. So, the re-flash worked for me. I had to go back and install my other programs manually this time, but it was worth it to get it to boot up! Next flash, I will remove FTouchSL and hope that was the issue (since you already have it included in your rom).

BW - thanks for the awesome work once again! GPS is working within seconds INDOORS for me! Loving the new rom, and can't wait for ms3!!

Guest blazingwolf
Right, XDA_UC will not work without the card, and it was one of my programs (I think FTouchSL?) that was causing my problem where the phone would get stuck on the initial re-boot after installing your rom. When I removed the card and re-flashed, I also removed the problem of my programs auto-installing and causing this problem. So, the re-flash worked for me. I had to go back and install my other programs manually this time, but it was worth it to get it to boot up! Next flash, I will remove FTouchSL and hope that was the issue (since you already have it included in your rom).

BW - thanks for the awesome work once again! GPS is working within seconds INDOORS for me! Loving the new rom, and can't wait for ms3!!

I would guess it is FTouchSl. Try removing that and see what happens.

Guest grondak

I've had a couple of issues. After downloading the official update, I got GPS lock well under 10 seconds, rock solid. Then I downloaded your "black" update and tried to install FLTouch, which almost bricked my phone. It wouldn't turn back on. After recovering, by reinstalling the official update,then installing your "black", now I can't get GPS lock at all. Any ideas?

Guest dercetojones
The scrolling was added with this ROM. It is noted in the release notes. ;)

Well I saw that, but wasn't sure if it was new to THIS version :D Maybe put a warning in the first post to remove FTouchSL from your XDA folder before flashing, since it seems to be the culprit?

Guest bowtie26

I just installed MS3 version and the system and connections folders are empty. The personal folder only contains sliding sound and voice command. Am i missing something? This is the first time I have used the a ROM with MS3 cooked in so maybe I am missing a setting.

Edit-I just noticed that going to easy settings and then all settings shows the options and fixes the MS3 folders. Strange.

Edited by bowtie26

Guest blazingwolf
I've had a couple of issues. After downloading the official update, I got GPS lock well under 10 seconds, rock solid. Then I downloaded your "black" update and tried to install FLTouch, which almost bricked my phone. It wouldn't turn back on. After recovering, by reinstalling the official update,then installing your "black", now I can't get GPS lock at all. Any ideas?

Which ROM? If you just downloaded the MS3 version I screwed up and posted the wrong version. Try downloading again and it should work correctly.

Guest blazingwolf
I just installed MS3 version and the system and connections folders are empty. The personal folder only contains sliding sound and voice command. Am i missing something? This is the first time I have used the a ROM with MS3 cooked in so maybe I am missing a setting.

Edit-I just noticed that going to easy settings and then all settings shows the options and fixes the MS3 folders. Strange.

That has been a known issue with MS3. Nice that you found something to fix it. ;)

Guest bowtie26
That has been a known issue with MS3. Nice that you found something to fix it. ;)

It even seems to hold after a soft reset :D