[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
Another thing i've noticed. In other ROMS when a reminder pops up you can hit the right soft key 'Menu' and select options i.e. dismiss, snooze length, etc... in your ROM there is only a 'Snooze' and 'Dismiss' softkey... is this a reg setting or something deeper?

That's a change MS made. Nothing I can do about it. That option exists in the 1.4 version.

Guest blazingwolf
Yeah it works perfectly in all the other ROMS (i've only tried it on Adryn's and Bgills) You 3 are who i switch between. Bgill has an issue with Data Connection and "As the modem through USB" which i need for QPST programming. Yours doesn't so i'm back to yours till something else shinny catches my eye or i decide to start cooking myself. This really is an addiction! :D

That doesn't make sense. Have you asked A_C about it?

Guest blazingwolf
heyyy i was using an earlier version of your rom , i tried the 2.1 and ive lost my vibration features in the touch screen ?

I don't have a 2.1. Did you post in the wrong thread.

Guest xenspidey
That's a change MS made. Nothing I can do about it. That option exists in the 1.4 version.

It must have to do with cHome than. I know bgill's 23037 doesn't have it... but like you said there are some things taken from earlier builds on his ROMS

Guest Catrinisin
Yes I have this problem. It is annoying because it actually turns on my WiFi when a call comes in. I don't notice it until I try to click the phone buttons and there is a pop up in the way of the buttons asking me which WiFi network do I want to connect to, even though WiFi was off before the call came in. This does not happen every time I get a call, seems to be random.

Which ROM are you using?

BW Night 1.4 MS3

P.S. It sometimes happens when I make an outbound call as well.

Edited by Catrinisin

Guest rndchef
So it works perfectly in other ROMs?

I had same issue with S2U2 and was able to solve it by renaming my photos Wallpaper & WallpaperL and saving over the standard photos in the gfx file. You need to go back into S2U2 settings and just save then your new photos will be used. I encountered this with a couple new ROMs so its something with the S2U2 and the new ROM.

Guest CroatianOmnia

how do you install .bin files? i never came across a rom like that. usually its just exe and the ready to download thing. please,help me out,your rom looks pretty much amazing.

Guest blazingwolf
BW Night 1.4 MS3

P.S. It sometimes happens when I make an outbound call as well.

Which Comm Manager are you seeing? The Topaz one or the standard Verizon version?

Guest blazingwolf
I had same issue with S2U2 and was able to solve it by renaming my photos Wallpaper & WallpaperL and saving over the standard photos in the gfx file. You need to go back into S2U2 settings and just save then your new photos will be used. I encountered this with a couple new ROMs so its something with the S2U2 and the new ROM.

Hmm. I was thinking this but he stated that it was working on other new ROMs. I played with S2U2 last night and I see the issue but it does not make sense to me why it is happening.

Guest blazingwolf
how do you install .bin files? i never came across a rom like that. usually its just exe and the ready to download thing. please,help me out,your rom looks pretty much amazing.

This ROM and other i910 ROMs will not work correctly on your device. So, please, don't try to install them on your i900.

Guest blazingwolf
If I change the background on the beta ROM is there a way to getr the startmeu background to change as well ?

Just soft reset. I haven't figured out why it does this sometimes.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest Catrinisin
Which Comm Manager are you seeing? The Topaz one or the standard Verizon version?

I see the Topaz one for half a second and then I see the pop up asking about wifi networks.

Guest Saluki HHI

Great ROM BW runnin smooth for me, I have one question, I have looked through about 50 pages of this string and searched on Modaco and can't find any help with working with the C-Home page editor. Is there a tips and tricks page for that? Having trouble adding panels and pages. Thnks again for Great Work on the ROM!!!!

Guest dmcnado
Great ROM BW runnin smooth for me, I have one question, I have looked through about 50 pages of this string and searched on Modaco and can't find any help with working with the C-Home page editor. Is there a tips and tricks page for that? Having trouble adding panels and pages. Thnks again for Great Work on the ROM!!!!

See this link for info on chome editor: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506951

I just noticed that I can't adjust the volume while in a call. I am running the latest Beta Rom.

Is there a way to adjust the volume in the registry? If possible I want to max out the incall volume currently its really faint.

Thanks,

Finally have a CF03 based ROM for you folks to try. :D

This new version is called Night. It is a little heavier than usual because of some of the itmes I have left in for more finger friendly access. This ROM is built with the SYS and XIP of 23016 which is the latest release of WM6.5.

8-8-09: Update to V1.4 Removed Touch Response, Showcase Task Manager, Added VEKKIO black dialer, HTC Task Manager, Fixed Dialer contacts bug and startup bugs.

7-30-09 Update: Updated XIP and SYS to 23016, Fixed bugs, Neo theme now in landscape, Windows Live Panel ported to Neo, added Touch Response, added Topaz Comm Manager, added Showcase Task Manager, removed HTC Task Manager..

Version 1.4 Notes:

Dialer has a Video call button. This is a GSM dialer. The video call button will never work for Verizon phones.

The contacts list in the dialer will overwrite when scrolling. This is an issue with the Samsng dialer I have yet to find a way to fix. If you scroll back up the list will sort it self. You can also use the WM dialer.

The dialer lock will always work. Even when you try to shut it off in the settings. If you don't like it then please use the WM dialer.

Known issues:

Please let me know if you have any problems.

http://www.4shared.com/file/123808598/4066...ightV14bin.html

BW,

i still have Neo v.9, looking to upgrade... a few questions

1. Night v1.4 still using 23016? what's latest "build" any ways?

2. are "issues" on v1.4 notes still there (other than fixed on 08/08 update)? or just the way it is?

thanks.

Guest Grassguy
I just noticed that I can't adjust the volume while in a call. I am running the latest Beta Rom.

Is there a way to adjust the volume in the registry? If possible I want to max out the incall volume currently its really faint.

Thanks,

This is an issue with the latest builds of 6.5.1. I'm using S2U2 to control the volume and it works very well, even during a call (although if the volume during a call is set to medium and you increase it, the new volume won't stick, I set it to the loudest and use the buttons to lower it if needed). If you try this make sure that you have "Don't use Keyboard Hook" set to off in the advanced settings of S2U2.

Guest blazingwolf

Thanks,

The easiest way right now is to press the volume control button and then tap the volume icon from the drop down. This will give you the standard WM in call volume slider.

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

i still have Neo v.9, looking to upgrade... a few questions

1. Night v1.4 still using 23016? what's latest "build" any ways?

2. are "issues" on v1.4 notes still there (other than fixed on 08/08 update)? or just the way it is?

thanks.

23016 is the latest stable build that I have. I have left it because it is so stable. There are various reports of problems but none that I have been able to reproduce in any way.

The latest build that just dropped today is 23041. These builds are listed as betas because they have known issues that I have not been able to fix. 23041 reportedly fixes some of them but since I am at work it is hard to work on anything.