[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
I almost hate to be the first to say this but what's the news with this new SYS & XIP 23007 I see roming around ? Any real change there. I will be waiting until you drop a ROM with that version. But I am curious

I have it and I'm running it. Not sure of what is different yet.

I will post it once I figure out why the keyboard is defaulting to the Microsoft keyboard and not the Samsung keyboard.

Guest blazingwolf
Sorry blazing you did a hell of a job but i tried to instal it but i did not succeed most roms i installed from qbus and sector where put in an exe ( upgrade File ) for omnia. That always worked for my omnia like a charm.

The bin file did not work i folowwed your instructions.

Is it possible to put the rom in an exe File?

Please do not try my ROM on your i900. It will break it. This ROM is for the i910 only.

Guest blazingwolf
Anyone else having trouble changing the MS3 Lifestyle background ? I can select the function, browse to the folder, see the pictures (they've worked before), select the one with my wife and 2 dogs. The nice 4 color clover shows up and goes away but nothing changes.

Anyone want to try this and see if it's a bug or me ?

Thanks

I'll have to check. Make sure your using the right size image though or it won't look good. It needs to be 960X748.

Guest blazingwolf
After installing and testing the Night ROM noticed one issue but it not a major one... I still prefer S2U2 v2.04 over the default lock screen in 6.5 but for some reason when I enter into file browser menu to change the lock screens background through the application the unit freezes every time and the only way I can return it to a usable status I have to power down with power button and restart. Like I said nothing major because I can just remane to Wallpaper and copy the image to the gfx folder but it was working fine with CF03 rom alone.

Other than this little thing everything seems golden... Still very much satisfied...

Hmm, I don't use S2U2 so I'm not sure. It might be something with that program. I know A_C has been making lots of changes lately trying to fix issues with WM6.5 and the Omnia.

Does this happen any other time?

Guest blazingwolf
Thanks for this info.

Since MS3 is cooked in would the Background.dat file be in Windows?

It is but you won't be able to delete it. Try changing the name of the file. I will remove this from the next version which I hope will be done soon.

Guest blazingwolf
It is but you won't be able to delete it. Try changing the name of the file. I will remove this from the next version which I hope will be done soon.

I think I will just go back to the stock MS3 and then you guys can make the other changes on your own. This will make less work for me when there are bugs that aren't my fault.

Guest tmar23
The dial pad is the same as it has been. I didn't want the Russian to show and since I don't know how to change it I didn't included it.

What dialer in contacts are you talking about?

Your other question has been answered.

I was referring to the number pad within contacts that you can use to lookup contacts. I would love to have a dial pad that is black and looks similar to that. I guess it really isn't a dial pad within contacts, though. ;)

Guest g3708330
Help!!! Just reflashed to CFO3 then to your Rom and now phone inop.. Used the Verizon upgrade tool then reflashed PDA as usual.

Worked for approx an hour then when I locked sceen it would not unlock. Can't use power button to turn off. Have to use stylus to soft reset then everything loads as normal but goes immediatley to lock screen after boot up and wont unlock. I installed Genix clock,

Samsung clock,Total Commander,Google maps,& original Samsung volume controls. Installed all to device. Not sure if I can reflash

since can't turn phone off. Guess if it's bricked atleast it's loaded with the "official" update so Verizon can't argue about replacement. I guess possibly could be something in one of programs installed since no others have reported problems, but all the

files used were ran with BW v10 with no issues. Any ideas??? BTW - thanks for all your hardwork on everything!!! I have tried all the

previous Roms and none of them last more than a few minutes then I'm reflashing to yours. Just can't understand why phone worked for an hour then decided to stay locked???

All seems to be working well after hard reset & running the same programs as listed. The only thing I can't get to work is the Samsung volume controls. I just like the full screen instead of the sliders.. Is there a regisrty edit that I need to do?? It worked fine when installed with v10 by just installing the cab. Loving the all black theme! Great work as usual!!! ;)

Let me/us know when you figure out how to get the dialer black to match rest of the theme

Edited by g3708330

Guest blazingwolf

No one other than the Russians (I have no idea who) can make a black dialer. They will not share the secret on how to accomplish this. So, there will probably be no black dialer.

Guest blazingwolf
All seems to be working well after hard reset & running the same programs as listed. The only thing I can't get to work is the Samsung volume controls. I just like the full screen instead of the sliders.. Is there a regisrty edit that I need to do?? It worked fine when installed with v10 by just installing the cab. Loving the all black theme! Great work as usual!!! ;)

Let me/us know when you figure out how to get the dialer black to match rest of the theme

The volume control issue has already been talked about. You just need to copy the VolumeControl.lnk from the Windows folder to Windows/Startup.

Guest saruutskushii

quick question.. first off Blazin I love the rom and with the sammy upgrade gps is fast!!!! my question is I'm doing the app install thing.. and I'm putting the .cads in the right folders but they aren't installing .. I'm putting them in my storage.. any help would be nice..

Guest g3708330
The volume control issue has already been talked about. You just need to copy the VolumeControl.lnk from the Windows folder to Windows/Startup.

Thanks & sorry!!! Didnt find anything when searched with Samsung volume controls.. Will do soon as I get home to my USB cable!! ;)

Edited by g3708330

Guest dmcnado
quick question.. first off Blazin I love the rom and with the sammy upgrade gps is fast!!!! my question is I'm doing the app install thing.. and I'm putting the .cads in the right folders but they aren't installing .. I'm putting them in my storage.. any help would be nice..

Need to put them on your storage card, not my storage. See post #1.

Guest jagnfly
What are you trying to do?

I added a couple custom panels through ChomeEditor along with the facebook plugin. They of course show up in the today screen with text labels and I would prefer to keep the look consistent with icons. I am most of the way there, I have the icons in place and I like the way it looks for now, I just didn't get rid of the text properly.

I am only messing with the 240X400 cpr file, in the landscape file, you keep all text anyway and I see no need to change it. I deleted the the plugin label from the registry instead of figuring out the code yet within the cpr file. This gives me the look I want in 240X400 but there is just a blank space for the plugin in 400X240.

I still need to play a little, but my learning curve is picking up on the basics. I actually have the Neo version installed and placed the commercial version of MS3 on top so I can tinker with both.

Very nice ROM, you've outdone yourself. I am liking this one enough to actully be a little reserved thinking that there's news of SYS & XIP 23007. Of course, once you put it up, I'll get to it immediately...

BTW... who do I see about an application to FA??? lol

Guest gadgetguy08
I think I will just go back to the stock MS3 and then you guys can make the other changes on your own. This will make less work for me when there are bugs that aren't my fault.

I have just installed this and am liking it so far.

I was able to delete the Background.Dat from Windows with Resco Explorer and then select what I wanted.

Here is 1 vote for keeping JGJackson's MS3 mod in. It is always several steps to get it in and working; this ROM saved a few steps.

Guest saruutskushii
Need to put them on your storage card, not my storage. See post #1.

thanks I knew I would feel like a retard when asking .. still somewhat of a noob.. but learning when I have time

Guest Wildman3064132

Ok I seem to have one more issue, I have tried everything but I just can not get a gps lock since I update to Night rom, I got Location On and Igo and GoogleMap detects gps but will not show any gps. I stood outside for over 25 minutes and I even tried taking a 30 minute drive and never got a lock. Oh and I was able to get lock before update.

Any suggestions?

Guest blazingwolf
I added a couple custom panels through ChomeEditor along with the facebook plugin. They of course show up in the today screen with text labels and I would prefer to keep the look consistent with icons. I am most of the way there, I have the icons in place and I like the way it looks for now, I just didn't get rid of the text properly.

I am only messing with the 240X400 cpr file, in the landscape file, you keep all text anyway and I see no need to change it. I deleted the the plugin label from the registry instead of figuring out the code yet within the cpr file. This gives me the look I want in 240X400 but there is just a blank space for the plugin in 400X240.

I still need to play a little, but my learning curve is picking up on the basics. I actually have the Neo version installed and placed the commercial version of MS3 on top so I can tinker with both.

Very nice ROM, you've outdone yourself. I am liking this one enough to actully be a little reserved thinking that there's news of SYS & XIP 23007. Of course, once you put it up, I'll get to it immediately...

BTW... who do I see about an application to FA??? lol

Oh, OK I see what your doing now. Yeah, CHome Editor was not built to change things to the Neo theme. What your doing is the right way to go. Just look at the other panels as examples for what you need to do. ;)

As for FA. I'm pretty sure your already in. :D

Guest blazingwolf
I have just installed this and am liking it so far.

I was able to delete the Background.Dat from Windows with Resco Explorer and then select what I wanted.

Here is 1 vote for keeping JGJackson's MS3 mod in. It is always several steps to get it in and working; this ROM saved a few steps.

I've already pulled it from the new version. I'll make a cab for this so that you can put it in the XDA_UC folder. That way you will have the look you want and it will be automatic. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
Ok I seem to have one more issue, I have tried everything but I just can not get a gps lock since I update to Night rom, I got Location On and Igo and GoogleMap detects gps but will not show any gps. I stood outside for over 25 minutes and I even tried taking a 30 minute drive and never got a lock. Oh and I was able to get lock before update.

Any suggestions?

Weather conditions in your area? Is aGPS working with Google Maps?

Did you try a soft reset?

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

Version 1.1 uploaded and linked in post 1 and 2.

Both ROMs:

Updated to 23007 SYS and XIP

Volume control bug fixed

Pagepool changed to 12MB

MS3 ROM only:

JGJackson widgets removed due to bug. I will create a cab for easy install after flash.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest monsterpt

Hey BW,

Love the Start up reg editing etc from XDA_UC. One question. I like the original neo .png that Genix uses. How do I set this .png to load to Windows automatically? Is it even possible?

Guest jagnfly
Oh, OK I see what your doing now. Yeah, CHome Editor was not built to change things to the Neo theme. What your doing is the right way to go. Just look at the other panels as examples for what you need to do. ;)

As for FA. I'm pretty sure your already in. :D

I must be already in, I went out for dinner and am still #8 download of Neo and #3 of MS3... didn't I mention I was feeling a little reserved??? Someone else must have hijacked my keystrokes - hate when that happens.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW,

Love the Start up reg editing etc from XDA_UC. One question. I like the original neo .png that Genix uses. How do I set this .png to load to Windows automatically? Is it even possible?

Genix9 uses that?

Anyway, just place the file in the Windows folder. It should be called CHome_framework_background_p.png.

Edited by blazingwolf