[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
BW, i just want to drop in and say that your MS3 rom is sooooo kick ass, I have yet to have a problem other than the little issue with the dialer lock not working like its supposed to, (meaning that I went to the Phone settings and turned off the dialer lock but with your dialer skin it still came up, so I used Advanc Config to disable the default phone skin, but that is nothing compared to how freaking fast the Gps locks on now! incredible really!)

I have been with Adryan for quite awhile, when one of the guys on that forum mentioned he switched to your new rom I had to come check it out, I didnt realize at first what MS3 meant < honestly I thought it was an update on 1.4, but now that I got it registered I dont know if I want to check out the Neo this rom is way too cool! and I really havent even scratched the surface with it.

Love it! Thanks! if your ever in Texas give me a call! I'll cook ya a bad ass bbq!

edit: I just read back a couple pages and realized it was you getting the replacement phone, what am I missing, lol I thought this rom was awsome, I'm with the other guy at least you can get some sleep or do something else for a couple days, you deserve it!

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like it. :D

Your not missing anything. My phone decided today was a good day to die. Hopefully the new one will be here by Friday.

Guest blazingwolf
Wow, your ROM is amazing and stable.... and best of all functional and stylish. Thank you for all the work you put into this ROM. Thumbs UP!! It's a keeper.. :angry:

Glad you like it. :D

glad you have a replacement coming, what what your excuse?

also good luck, my first replacement had the my storage issue if you recall heh. it was cool having three omnias on my desk at once though

Guest vash8806
23041 beta

Removed:

Batti - doesn't look good with the smaller task bar

Vertical scroll bar - this has been removed from all areas that will have a scroll bar. This works well for me but if you don't like it you can put the scroll bar back with Advanced Config. This also removes the scroll bar from the dialer.

Topaz Comm Manager

Added:

New button look

New start flower

New close and OK images

All in Comm Manager ported by Sector

Fixed:

Lock screen issue

Skewed picture in ATContacts

Clock in drop down menu

In call volume

This is a beta of the newest available build for WM6.5. I wanted you to be able to give it a look if you so desired. Do not expect this ROM to be stable. It is listed as a beta for a reason. That said, I have not had any stability issues so far. At this time I have only tested with Neo Titanium. I will work on MS3 when I have some more time.

Known Issues:

Can not OK out of Phone settings once you make a change (work around is to slave the OK/Close button to a hard key)

Can not access Spb Keyboard options

Start menu image does not change on theme change (I change my theme in landscape and then only that image is affected. It will be fixed on soft reset.)

http://www.4shared.com/file/129627869/4f83...sh23041bin.html

I tried this today..flashed 3 times to make sure it wasnt the phone.

Everytime I used this rom, I wasn't able to access any messages.. I can view the headline pages, but I cannot physically get into the text messages/MMS/Internet mail so that I could reply...

any idea?

Guest reaver76
I tried this today..flashed 3 times to make sure it wasnt the phone.

Everytime I used this rom, I wasn't able to access any messages.. I can view the headline pages, but I cannot physically get into the text messages/MMS/Internet mail so that I could reply...

any idea?

Bw confirmed a couple pages back that this is an issue with the 23041 Beta. He has discovered the cause but his phone decided to Die and he is waiting for the replacement.

Here is the info posted by BW for the 23037 Beta

"Link for 23037 for those that need it. http://www.4shared.com/file/129099895/cb80...7bin.html"

BW.... Sorry to hear about your loss.

Edited by reaver76

Guest blazingwolf
glad you have a replacement coming, what what your excuse?

also good luck, my first replacement had the my storage issue if you recall heh. it was cool having three omnias on my desk at once though

Told them I was flashing the CF03 ROM. Which is technically true as this ROM is based on CF03. :D

Guest blazingwolf
Bw confirmed a couple pages back that this is an issue with the 23041 Beta. He has discovered the cause but his phone decided to Die and he is waiting for the replacement.

"Link for 23037 for those that need it. http://www.4shared.com/file/129099895/cb80...7bin.html"

BW.... Sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks for answering. :D

It happens, though this is a first for me.

Guest Mastergreeny

Hey BW,

Do you have a .cab file to install your black theme "cook" that you could post? I was looking around for this because it seems like I have seen this on forum before but couldn't find it.

Thanks

Edited by Mastergreeny

Guest vash8806

"Link for 23037 for those that need it.

Guest vash8806
Thanks for answering. :D

It happens, though this is a first for me.

hey guys...thanks for answering..but the link doesnt work... do you guys have another link?

Guest DirtySanchez

Blazingwolf,

23041 beta looks great runs smooth but have found a few things.

1 - Messaging works but wont allow for respond not sure why

2 - the Black Phone book contacts looks good but when using the home page it defaults to the default contacts.

3 - between u & Bgill55 i like them the best so far one question the the Kinetic scrolling on Bgills FloTanium seems smother then the one in your roms not sure if there was a setting that changed this.

4 - was wondering which keyboard you are using I think its the best i have seen with the raised keys & skin.

5 - with the XDA_UC program do u have suggestion on .cabs for this file, ie: WOW SRS, VVM.cab, youtube.cab.

6 - I like where you are going with the MS3 Rom, PointUI has a nice interface have any tough of incorporating it into these roms, I know PointUI Home2 cost $$$ but there over all idea is what im referring to.

Much respect for all your hard work.

Edited by DirtySanchez

Guest blazingwolf
Blazingwolf,

23041 beta looks great runs smooth but have found a few things.

1 - Messaging works but wont allow for respond not sure why

2 - the Black Phone book contacts looks good but when using the home page it defaults to the default contacts.

3 - between u & Bgill55 i like them the best so far one question the the Kinetic scrolling on Bgills FloTanium seems smother then the one in your roms not sure if there was a setting that changed this.

4 - was wondering which keyboard you are using I think its the best i have seen with the raised keys & skin.

5 - with the XDA_UC program do u have suggestion on .cabs for this file, ie: WOW SRS, VVM.cab, youtube.cab.

6 - I like where you are going with the MS3 Rom, PointUI has a nice interface have any tough of incorporating it into these roms, I know PointUI Home2 cost $$$ but there over all idea is what im referring to.

Much respect for all your hard work.

1. Known bug that I will finish fixing when I get my new phone.

2. Yep, supposed to do that. You can change the registry to make it use SecContact all of the time if you wish.

3. never used his ROM but I know we are doing the same thing in terms of scrolling.

4. Black CC20 keyboard.

5. What are you asking here?

6. I haven't used Home2 much but they have a free version also. I like the look of the new PointSense UI. I have thought about making a ROM with it but I haven't done it yet.

Guest DirtySanchez
1. Known bug that I will finish fixing when I get my new phone.

2. Yep, supposed to do that. You can change the registry to make it use SecContact all of the time if you wish.

3. never used his ROM but I know we are doing the same thing in terms of scrolling.

4. Black CC20 keyboard.

6. I haven't used Home2 much but they have a free version also. I like the look of the new PointSense UI. I have thought about making a ROM with it but I haven't done it yet.

Thank you for your responce:

Just wondering which cabs or if u use the XDA_UC after your install. Like most Chef's make there roms to include programs & added tweaks that are too your liking, just looking for good ideas for other .cabs to make the over all phone experience better.

Was just wondering what other alts there are out there besides m2d, SPB, PointIU, MS3 things like that.

I also was wondering which calendar program it was that u used in this rom, its one of the best i have seen.

Once again mad respect for your time and effort

Edited by DirtySanchez

Guest blazingwolf
Just wondering which cabs or if u use the XDA_UC after your install. Like most Chef's make there roms to include programs & added tweaks that are too your liking, just looking for good ideas for other .cabs to make the over all phone experience better.

Was just wondering what other alts there are out there besides m2d, SPB, PointIU, MS3 things like that.

I also was wondering which calendar program it was that u used in this rom, its one of the best i have seen.

Once again mad respect for your time and effort

I do use the XDA_UC installer. I add Resco Explorer with the Registry Editor, Spb Keyboard, Nitrogen, Panoramic Calc, Google Maps, Opera 9.7, SKTools, Vito SMS Chat, Go News Touch and them some registry edits. :)

Other shell programs are ThrottleLauncher and WAD2 (Wisbar Advance Desktop).

The calendar is an older free version of ThumbCal. There are newer versions that have more features but it is commercial now.

Thanks for the kind words.

Edited by blazingwolf

BW send me your latest rom ill test it out so you can upload your latest for your users!!!!

BGill and BW I want to thank both of you for your excellent work. I dumped my iPhone (ATT's service is horrible and TMo is not that much better where I live) to move to the Omnia since I was happy with VZW's coverage. And then I came upon the awesome roms you chefs cook.

I have flashed and reflashed numerous version of both your ROMs.

BW,

I have used your 23016 based ROM and have been unable to install M2D 1.9 cab on it (I get a weird Insufficient system permissions message at the end of the install and it says the install was unsuccessful - also unable on 23034, 23037). However I was able to install it on your 23041 based ROM. Any ideas?

Edited by buji

Guest blazingwolf
BW send me your latest rom ill test it out so you can upload your latest for your users!!!!

I would but I broke other things fixing the issue. My phone dies before I could start fixing the broken things. I'll put some stuff together a little later, I have to go to my kids school, and send it to you.

Guest DirtySanchez
The calendar is an older free version of ThumbCal. There are newer versions that have more features but it is commercial now.

Do you think you could post a cab for that ThumbCal or point me in the right direction?

Guest jlwakeboards

Thanks Blazingwolf for this amazing ROM! At first my broadband access (through Verizon) wasn't working, but I just reinstalled the ROM and it works perfectly. It's running really well so far and I think I've found my perfect ROM...well, until you make a new one :) Keep up the good work and I really appreciate what you're doing to make this phone what it should be.