[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest gadgetguy08
Yep, so far I pulled out some of the non essential programs and still lost over 40% charge in 5 hours. This sucks, SPB seems to be of no help either.

I think the Omnia is a mysterious device when it comes to battery life. I was running BW's MS 1.2 and getting fair battery life (no worse than anything else), but when I went to 1.4 it seemed to get worse so I went back to 1.2. Later I decided to go back to 1.4 and this time battery life seemed better. I found that I had not turned on GPS so I thought that that was the cause of the drain, but I turned GPS on and things didn't get worse. So, who knows?

There were some theories that charging it completely and then resetting the device (hard or soft) and letting it recharge again helps. I have tried the soft reset method - leaving it charging when resetting - and that seems to help marginally. Even after the reset it takes about 15 minutes to get to full charge indication again.

Sometimes background data connections can last longer than expected and that can drain the battery.

I think the Omnia is a mysterious device when it comes to battery life. I was running BW's MS 1.2 and getting fair battery life (no worse than anything else), but when I went to 1.4 it seemed to get worse so I went back to 1.2. Later I decided to go back to 1.4 and this time battery life seemed better. I found that I had not turned on GPS so I thought that that was the cause of the drain, but I turned GPS on and things didn't get worse. So, who knows?

There were some theories that charging it completely and then resetting the device (hard or soft) and letting it recharge again helps. I have tried the soft reset method - leaving it charging when resetting - and that seems to help marginally. Even after the reset it takes about 15 minutes to get to full charge indication again.

Sometimes background data connections can last longer than expected and that can drain the battery.

i am continuously on the net with mine. I run BW 1.4 but not MS3. I have active sync that grabs alert email and such for work every 15 minutes, plus I ping gmail every half hour (not in sync with each other either mind you) so once I dial in to the network that connection pretty much stays open for me. I have been on pretty much each step version of his ROMs back to early 6.1 stuff w/o a single batt issue. Currently I can go 2 days with moderate calling before I need a charge but even then I have never had the device shut down w/ dead batt. On weeks where I am not on call and can shut down the active sync connection I get much longer life, 3 days min.

so I would definitely say ms3 is the contender for the source of the issue, as I never went to v3 (tried earlier versions until I moved to 6.5, titanium filled the bill just fine) and I've never had batt drain. (at least nothing I've noticed as abnormal)

not sure if that helps/encourages or not, but there it is. :-P

Guest ELpollacko

Ok, after cleaning out the apps and programs I charged it overnight on the AC adapter and has been running strong all day long. 9 hours and counting and still at 100% on the battery life. I have done some Email reading with it but that's it so far.

Go figure.

Just so you know, I really do like this ROM, you have done a good job with the functionality over the stock roms. For a WinMo novice like myself the MS3 makes using my phone a breeze. I may not have an APP store with 75,000 fart-machine apps but it works.

Thank you for your trouble.

Edited by ELpollacko

Guest blazingwolf
Ok, after cleaning out the apps and programs I charged it overnight on the AC adapter and has been running strong all day long. 9 hours and counting and still at 100% on the battery life. I have done some Email reading with it but that's it so far.

Go figure.

Just so you know, I really do like this ROM, you have done a good job with the functionality over the stock roms. For a WinMo novice like myself the MS3 makes using my phone a breeze. I may not have an APP store with 75,000 fart-machine apps but it works.

Thank you for your trouble.

Hey, that's great. I would have bet my lunch that would not have occurred. Let me know if you find the program that was causing your issue.

Guest ELpollacko

Went 24+ hours and had only dropped to 80%. Just a few texts and about 10 minutes of phone calls, mostly on the Bluetooth in my truck. If I get some time today I will put a few more programs back in. I really only want something like Bing or Google Maps, Photo Viewer and a good MP3 and podcast player. I have read good things about Pocket Player so may give that a shot.

Guest blazingwolf
Went 24+ hours and had only dropped to 80%. Just a few texts and about 10 minutes of phone calls, mostly on the Bluetooth in my truck. If I get some time today I will put a few more programs back in. I really only want something like Bing or Google Maps, Photo Viewer and a good MP3 and podcast player. I have read good things about Pocket Player so may give that a shot.

Nitrogen is free and is probably better than Pocket Player in my opinion. :)

Guest compnird

BW, any chances on an updated Night w/MS3 with the All in One Connection manager and WiFi Router app by Sector built in? When I attempt to load that CAB with the current 1.4 MS3 version I get an error that it cannot proceed because it doesn't have access to the proper resources.  Tried a fresh load of your CFW but it does the same thing. Could it be my phone doesn't like that program?

Keep up the good work! 

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...orted-to-omnia/

Guest compnird

BW, any chances on an updated Night w/MS3 with the All in One Connection manager and WiFi Router app by Sector built in? When I attempt to load that CAB with the current 1.4 MS3 version I get an error that it cannot proceed because it doesn't have access to the proper resources.  Tried a fresh load of your CFW but it does the same thing. Could it be my phone doesn't like that program?

Keep up the good work! 

Guest compnird

Keep up the good work! 

Guest compnird
Must be an important request to post it 3 times. :)

I'm looking at updating it. :)

Stupid Internet connection at work seemingly froze but I guess it didn't. Not sure how to delete the duplicates. Sorry about the triple post.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey,

Just wanted to give a shout out and say that I really enjoy the MS3 of your rom and plan to rock with it for a while. Keep up the good work!

Thank you. :)

Guest blazingwolf
Stupid Internet connection at work seemingly froze but I guess it didn't. Not sure how to delete the duplicates. Sorry about the triple post.

It's OK. Upped the post count. :)

Guest paxtonland
*BUMP* because this is my favorite rom.

I claim this new page for the greater glory of Bander.

I agree completely.

I've been through every single version of almost everyone's ROM since June. This is the most usable, stable, and well configured ROM that is out there.

Each and every ROM is great and shows the many hours of time spent perfecting them but, this one is the best of them all. Even the newer ones that BW is doing.

It's not the theme, colors, or anything such as that. It's the stability and thought put into so much.

Thanks so much for making a generally okay phone... really great.

Must be an important request to post it 3 times. :)

I'm looking at updating it. :)

This is great news! Like others, I too love the ms3 rom. I just like the way it is setup. I did finally load the blue rom and it is very smooth and works great. I really like the new task manager and all the finger friendly functionality. It is more responsive overall and is a great rom. I am really looking forward to the new ms3 version!

Guest Catrinisin
This is great news! Like others, I too love the ms3 rom. I just like the way it is setup. I did finally load the blue rom and it is very smooth and works great. I really like the new task manager and all the finger friendly functionality. It is more responsive overall and is a great rom. I am really looking forward to the new ms3 version!

Keep in mind that you can install MS3 on top of his Blue ROM and it works just fine.

Guest Catrinisin

I saw this behavior myself but it turned out to be caused by a lack of cell signal. If you are in an area with low signal, that will drain the battery a lot faster than an area with good signal. This is because when the phone has low or no signal, it is using the transmitter to search for another tower. Battery life dies quick. So if you are going to be doing battery life testing, be sure you are in the same signal levels for each test day. Think of it as a control to your scientific tests. :)

I apologize if someone has brought this up, but I had to cut the cable bill off, so my internet went with it, but i figured I could use my phone now for internet, well it kinda works, If i just use Internet Sharing with the usb cable no problems, internet is good, but when I use wifirouter it lets me connect for about 5 mins then I lose internet but still are connected to wifirouter as local only, then the computer tells me that its waiting for others to join my ad-hoc network. What is going on with it?, I did turn on the wifi from the comm manager BEFORE turning on wifirouter. Im not that miffed over it as long as I have my usb cable, but I know I'm going to need to use it one day an i wont have the cable with me so I'd like to make sure I can get wifirouter working before then!

Guest blazingwolf
I apologize if someone has brought this up, but I had to cut the cable bill off, so my internet went with it, but i figured I could use my phone now for internet, well it kinda works, If i just use Internet Sharing with the usb cable no problems, internet is good, but when I use wifirouter it lets me connect for about 5 mins then I lose internet but still are connected to wifirouter as local only, then the computer tells me that its waiting for others to join my ad-hoc network. What is going on with it?, I did turn on the wifi from the comm manager BEFORE turning on wifirouter. Im not that miffed over it as long as I have my usb cable, but I know I'm going to need to use it one day an i wont have the cable with me so I'd like to make sure I can get wifirouter working before then!

The WiFi router software can be pretty flaky. I'm still trying to figure out why it does some of the things it does. I think there may be some reg settings that we are missing but since I don't have a current HTC phone I'm not getting far with it.

Just soooo happy with 1.4 MS3 that there is no reason to go anywhere else:

My question: What is with Voice Command? No matter how many times I set it to "On", after a soft reset, it is not activated. Been following this build since 1.2, not sure I've seen this one.