[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

The WiFi router software can be pretty flaky. I'm still trying to figure out why it does some of the things it does. I think there may be some reg settings that we are missing but since I don't have a current HTC phone I'm not getting far with it.

Oh ok, I have been just using my usb cable so I'll just stick with that until hear something on wifi, is there a forum for that app?

Guest Catrinisin
I apologize if someone has brought this up, but I had to cut the cable bill off, so my internet went with it, but i figured I could use my phone now for internet, well it kinda works, If i just use Internet Sharing with the usb cable no problems, internet is good, but when I use wifirouter it lets me connect for about 5 mins then I lose internet but still are connected to wifirouter as local only, then the computer tells me that its waiting for others to join my ad-hoc network. What is going on with it?, I did turn on the wifi from the comm manager BEFORE turning on wifirouter. Im not that miffed over it as long as I have my usb cable, but I know I'm going to need to use it one day an i wont have the cable with me so I'd like to make sure I can get wifirouter working before then!

Keep in mind that there is a limit to how much bandwidth you can use with the so called "unlimited" data plan with Verizon. A friend of mine hit the 5GB limit as he was using his phone as primary internet source like you.

Verizon 5GB Limit - Verizon Forum

Oh ok, I have been just using my usb cable so I'll just stick with that until hear something on wifi, is there a forum for that app?

Here is the forum for the WiFiRouter app:

CommManager 2.9.5.0 ported to Omnia!

Guest slipcarb

Thanks so much for this Rom it definitely made my day. Tried some other and while their created made some good Roms, yours is the one that was exactly what I was looking for.

thanks for those links, I better back off DL torrents to one per billing cycle, lol

no really that sucks but thanks may have saved me from the cap adjustment

Keep in mind that there is a limit to how much bandwidth you can use with the so called "unlimited" data plan with Verizon. A friend of mine hit the 5GB limit as he was using his phone as primary internet source like you.

Verizon 5GB Limit - Verizon Forum

Here is the forum for the WiFiRouter app:

CommManager 2.9.5.0 ported to Omnia!

BW,

#1:

Just soooo happy with 1.4 MS3 that there is no reason to go anywhere else:

My question: What is with Voice Command? No matter how many times I set it to "On", after a soft reset, it is not activated. Been following this build since 1.2, not sure I've seen this one.

:) Okay, I'll bump my own question and add a new one...

#2: If you are unable to create a new MS3.5 BW 1.4, what do we need to know to install MS3.5 to our current 1.4?

#3: Will the current MS Widgets work with 3.5?

Thanks

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

#1:

:) Okay, I'll bump my own question and add a new one...

#2: If you are unable to create a new MS3.5 BW 1.4, what do we need to know to install MS3.5 to our current 1.4?

Thanks

1. Voice command is missing a couple of shorcuts that need to go in the Windows/Startup folder. That way it restarts after soft resets. I have them somewhere and I'll post a cab for you once I find them.

2. You should have no issues installing over the top of the current ROM.

3. You mean the ones I posted? Then no. They are designed for the correct files to be in the windows folder. Download the original files and those might work but remember they were created before this new version so things might have changed.

It's not a widget, but FWIW, MS Toggle no longer works with 3.5, so there may very well be some other incompatibilities.

I'm now using BW's WM7 Blue with MS 3.5 installed on top, and it's working fine. The only real issue I've seen (aside from the Phone OK button thing) is that some on-screen buttons aren't sized properly in some apps.

It's not a widget, but FWIW, MS Toggle no longer works with 3.5, so there may very well be some other incompatibilities.

I'm now using BW's WM7 Blue with MS 3.5 installed on top, and it's working fine. The only real issue I've seen (aside from the Phone OK button thing) is that some on-screen buttons aren't sized properly in some apps.

I'm beginning to read/think that newer may not be better. :)

I'm beginning to read/think that newer may not be better. :)

No, not necessarily when it's beta software. The "best" setup currently, IMO, is BW's 1.4 with MS3. But I wanted to try out the 6.5.1 "buttons on the bottom" and MS3.5. It's fine, just not quite as glitch-free as 1.4/MS3.

I can't fix or change what people don't talk about.

The minor problems I've had with Blue 7 are nothing you can do anything about. In one of my own programs, I think the buttons are sized wrong because I'm attempting to do the control scaling myself, instead of letting .NET do it. It's probably due to something similar with the other programs that have button size problems.

I can't fix or change what people don't talk about.

what?! you're not clairvoyant? Based on the awesomeness of your ROMs I have assumed all along that you absolutely "knew" what I needed on my phone.

...this revelation makes me think it is all based on what you read here and learn about from google-skills...

...oh wait...

lol :)

Guest blazingwolf
The minor problems I've had with Blue 7 are nothing you can do anything about. In one of my own programs, I think the buttons are sized wrong because I'm attempting to do the control scaling myself, instead of letting .NET do it. It's probably due to something similar with the other programs that have button size problems.

Ah, I can't fix that then. :)

Guest blazingwolf
what?! you're not clairvoyant? Based on the awesomeness of your ROMs I have assumed all along that you absolutely "knew" what I needed on my phone.

...this revelation makes me think it is all based on what you read here and learn about from google-skills...

...oh wait...

lol :)

ROFL. That is good.

Hey hey!

I just wanted to say that your MS3 ROM rocks so hard! Clean, fast, stable, idk what else to ask for :)

I'll make you a shrine if you decided to come up with a better version... say MS 3.5 ?

In my personal opinion, the setup of your 7 Blue version is more finger friendly. That is bottom buttons, big bars and arrow instead of tiny tabs.

Anyway, keep on cooking!

Peace and Love

Guest arp7575

BWolf, I have lurked for a few months around here and tried most of the ROM's here . I even talked my co-worker into getting the i910 so we could compare and contrast. The best for both of us by far has been your 1.4 MS3. It's awesome and I really appreciate it. I hope you have an interest in more MS configurations. Cheers!

1. Voice command is missing a couple of shorcuts that need to go in the Windows/Startup folder. That way it restarts after soft resets. I have them somewhere and I'll post a cab for you once I find them.

Good Afternoon, BW... Any luck with the shortcuts/cab? Seems like this thread is about dead, but hopefully we can get this resolved.

Guest blazingwolf
Good Afternoon, BW... Any luck with the shortcuts/cab? Seems like this thread is about dead, but hopefully we can get this resolved.

Sorry, I forgot. I'm looking for them now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest .hack_infection

HEY BW!!! i just gotta say ur night v1.4 ROM is freakin awesome!!!! i flashed to it the other day and have loved it ever since. i dont think ill be flashing for awhile :)