[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest calebgoesbig
Blazingwolf / Others -

I used this ROM for my first cooked ROM flash! Works great! Love the way hitting the windows button up top goes to a list of programs..

Anyways, believe it or not, the smart converter was a tool I actually used and loved, and I had gotten the black version going before I decided to switch to this cooked rom. I tried installing the exe file into my storage card, and putting a shortcut in the windows programs folder, but when I go to open it, it just doesn't really open. The title bar on the top changes to read "Smart Converter", but the program just hangs. I then tried installing it to the windows root folder, still same problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there a way to change all the lines on the today screen from blue to white?

Sorry if these are newbie questions, as that is exactly what I am.

I really appreciate anyone's help!

Nevermind all.. I found solutions to both!

For the smart converter, I found a cab of it by searching modaco forums, then once I installed the cab, I put the black version exe file into the windows folder, rewriting the one the cab installed. Works perfect now!

For the line color, unfortunately all i could find was a all black skin, m.carroll pure black 2. I would really like to know how to make a skin though. I tried Theme Gen CE, but it wouldn't change the bar colors, even though I picked black, when I installed my theme, they were bright blue. Anyways, if someone knows a good skinning tutorial, I would love to play around with that.

Well just wanted to report my findings.. Thanks to all the helpful people in this forum, you guys are what makes the Omnia such a sick phone.

Guest cerdric

Hey!

I just recently bought a Samsung Omnia i910, and I have been looking around for how to update the WinMo that is on it.

From what I've read, this ROM is the best one to use. I just have a few questions though, so that I can be sure I don't do anything wrong.

Here they are:

1.) If I am not on a Verizon network, can I still do this?

2.) I had SPB MS 3.5 installed on my phone previously, will I be able to simply use the first ROM and reinstall it? (Or will I need to uninstall Neo Titanium, or use the second ROM and update MS?)

3.) I have been using a modified version of Samsungs default keyoard that centers the space bar and some other things (it alters the .map files). Will I still be able use this, or will the colours be screwed up?

4.) Why was the calibration utility removed? Is this not important?

5.) Why are you so awesome?

Sorry for all the question. I just would like to make sure I'm not carrying around an Omnia branded brick.

Thanks for any help I receive.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey!

I just recently bought a Samsung Omnia i910, and I have been looking around for how to update the WinMo that is on it.

From what I've read, this ROM is the best one to use. I just have a few questions though, so that I can be sure I don't do anything wrong.

Here they are:

1.) If I am not on a Verizon network, can I still do this?

2.) I had SPB MS 3.5 installed on my phone previously, will I be able to simply use the first ROM and reinstall it? (Or will I need to uninstall Neo Titanium, or use the second ROM and update MS?)

3.) I have been using a modified version of Samsungs default keyoard that centers the space bar and some other things (it alters the .map files). Will I still be able use this, or will the colours be screwed up?

4.) Why was the calibration utility removed? Is this not important?

5.) Why are you so awesome?

Sorry for all the question. I just would like to make sure I'm not carrying around an Omnia branded brick.

Thanks for any help I receive.

1. That will depend on the network. If you are on Bell or Telus the answer is no. If Cricket then you should be able to use it and just make changes to your settings.

2. You can use either ROM with the newer version of MS3. You will not be able to uninstall Neo Titanium as it is in the ROM.

3. Not sure. Give it a try and let me know. :D

4. It wasn't removed. The initial welcome screens were bypassed. You can still calibrate the Omnia using the screen calibration tool in settings.

5. Don't have an answer for this one. :(

Guest cerdric
1. That will depend on the network. If you are on Bell or Telus the answer is no. If Cricket then you should be able to use it and just make changes to your settings.

2. You can use either ROM with the newer version of MS3. You will not be able to uninstall Neo Titanium as it is in the ROM.

3. Not sure. Give it a try and let me know. :D

4. It wasn't removed. The initial welcome screens were bypassed. You can still calibrate the Omnia using the screen calibration tool in settings.

5. Don't have an answer for this one. :(

Ah... Thank you for the response.

However, I am on Telus... :'(

Is there absolutely no way to flash it? What kind of things does the ROM change that is Verizon/Cricket specific? Could I somehow make something that is Telus compatible?

Thanks again.

Edited by cerdric

Guest blazingwolf
Ah... Thank you for the response.

However, I am on Telus... :'(

Is there absolutely no way to flash it? What kind of things does the ROM change that is Verizon/Cricket specific? Could I somehow make something that is Telus compatible?

Thanks again.

No one has found a way to get custom ROMs on Bell or Telus. I'm not sure what all of the differences are.

Guest cerdric
No one has found a way to get custom ROMs on Bell or Telus. I'm not sure what all of the differences are.

Well, all I can say is...

Damn it.

Thanks anyways. :'(

question guys, it keeps telling me checksum failed after 31%. I've tried changing compatibility req etc on win7 and nothing's working. what do you think?

I've tried diff usb port as well.

Guest OffGrid

hey I had that same issue with smart converter but got busy and forgot to look it up, could you point me to those files for the black smart converter as well as the one you use to get it to work?

Nevermind all.. I found solutions to both!

For the smart converter, I found a cab of it by searching modaco forums, then once I installed the cab, I put the black version exe file into the windows folder, rewriting the one the cab installed. Works perfect now!

For the line color, unfortunately all i could find was a all black skin, m.carroll pure black 2. I would really like to know how to make a skin though. I tried Theme Gen CE, but it wouldn't change the bar colors, even though I picked black, when I installed my theme, they were bright blue. Anyways, if someone knows a good skinning tutorial, I would love to play around with that.

Well just wanted to report my findings.. Thanks to all the helpful people in this forum, you guys are what makes the Omnia such a sick phone.

Mr. BW

i really like your roms and im using 23064 black..

but i notive ur updating the bw night v1.4

is there is anyway u can not delete one language from ur rom??

i really would like to be able to ur korean in ur roms

just enough so i can install a cab. file and be able to read it

is it to much to ask??

thank you for ur works.

Guest blazingwolf
Mr. BW

i really like your roms and im using 23064 black..

but i notive ur updating the bw night v1.4

is there is anyway u can not delete one language from ur rom??

i really would like to be able to ur korean in ur roms

just enough so i can install a cab. file and be able to read it

is it to much to ask??

thank you for ur works.

The files that I use contain only English. I'm not sure if it would be possible to add both languages with the files I get. I will have to check and see.

Guest soccerdon1981

Hello Blazingwolf ....

First of all, I downloaded and installed your ROM - it's dynamite. Thank you SO MUCH for your hard work!

Secondly, if I do not have an SD card ... am I not getting your entire ROM installed on my phone? Am I missing anything? Currently, your ROM works great, but I just want to be clear if I absolutely need the SD Card to get the rest of your customization/apps/etc installed on my phone.

Once paypal verifies my information, I'll be sure to buy you a few pepsi's for your work! You definitely deserve it.

Thanks!

Don

Guest haus6565

Let me start with a Well Done on this rom BW, love it!!!

Now for the explanation and my question: I do not have a way to compare what I see with GPSToggle. First when I install it, I can not find it anywhere. Reinstalled, uninstalled several times, then gave up. Then I installed SPB mobile Shell and it did show up in the list of the Today screen items. Now, when I select it, it goes to on as I would expect but never locks to a satelite. So I went in to Phone/Services/GPS with GPSToggle still on and it was still set to 911. Is this normal and it does in fact turn on the GPS? I did not have to do this with the stock rom, i just turned on GPSToggle and got a lock, but I never went in to check if it really did switch that setting.

Guest blazingwolf
Hello Blazingwolf ....

First of all, I downloaded and installed your ROM - it's dynamite. Thank you SO MUCH for your hard work!

Secondly, if I do not have an SD card ... am I not getting your entire ROM installed on my phone? Am I missing anything? Currently, your ROM works great, but I just want to be clear if I absolutely need the SD Card to get the rest of your customization/apps/etc installed on my phone.

Once paypal verifies my information, I'll be sure to buy you a few pepsi's for your work! You definitely deserve it.

Thanks!

Don

Your not missing anything. ;) XDA_UC uses the SD card to set up your customizations but if you don't have one then the ROM is as I built it.

Guest blazingwolf
Let me start with a Well Done on this rom BW, love it!!!

Now for the explanation and my question: I do not have a way to compare what I see with GPSToggle. First when I install it, I can not find it anywhere. Reinstalled, uninstalled several times, then gave up. Then I installed SPB mobile Shell and it did show up in the list of the Today screen items. Now, when I select it, it goes to on as I would expect but never locks to a satelite. So I went in to Phone/Services/GPS with GPSToggle still on and it was still set to 911. Is this normal and it does in fact turn on the GPS? I did not have to do this with the stock rom, i just turned on GPSToggle and got a lock, but I never went in to check if it really did switch that setting.

My ROM does not turn the GPS setting on. You need to do this yourself by changing the setting to location on. Once this is done GPS will work.

GPS Toggle should show up in the list of today plugins but will not work with Neo Titanium. Not sure why it would not have showed for you until after you installed MS3.

Guest haus6565
My ROM does not turn the GPS setting on. You need to do this yourself by changing the setting to location on. Once this is done GPS will work.

GPS Toggle should show up in the list of today plugins but will not work with Neo Titanium. Not sure why it would not have showed for you until after you installed MS3.

Hey Thanks for the quick reply.

No big deal it doesn't work as a Toggle, but it can still be used as a indicator as to satelite lock, would that be a true statement?

Also, I did notice I could not OK out of the Phone settings screen, but I read back where I needed to slave a hard key to OK/Close.

Again Great Work!!! I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the O2 but your rom has me thinking "what for?" What is my gain for what I use this phone for by doing so?

My answer keeps back as nothing.

What do you like Mt Dew or Mt Dew? ;)

Guest blazingwolf
Hey Thanks for the quick reply.

No big deal it doesn't work as a Toggle, but it can still be used as a indicator as to satelite lock, would that be a true statement?

Also, I did notice I could not OK out of the Phone settings screen, but I read back where I needed to slave a hard key to OK/Close.

Again Great Work!!! I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the O2 but your rom has me thinking "what for?" What is my gain for what I use this phone for by doing so?

My answer keeps back as nothing.

What do you like Mt Dew or Mt Dew? ;)

1. GPS should toggle the GPS on and off.

2. Correct. A bug that has no known fix yet. ;)

3. Thanks for the kind words.

4. I suppose I would choose Mt. Dew. ;)

Guest nighthawkx28

Hey I'm new here. Is there any way that I can remove titanium so that I can use Wisbar advanced desktop to install a windows 7 theme? Or is there a rom with WM 6.5 and essential Plugins that i can flash to?

Were those completely retarded questions? ( ;) I'm a noob here)

Guest blazingwolf
Hey I'm new here. Is there any way that I can remove titanium so that I can use Wisbar advanced desktop to install a windows 7 theme? Or is there a rom with WM 6.5 and essential Plugins that i can flash to?

Were those completely retarded questions? ( ;) I'm a noob here)

You don't need to remove Titanium to install WAD. Also, you can not remove something that has been included in a ROM.

There are a couple of basic no frill ROMs in this forum. Just read the description of each ROM until you find the one you want to try.

Guest rtimi28

Hey BW on theme found at www.throttlelauncher.com WM7 is that still going on and if so can you build it into you new rom so we have more choices just wondering if it is a good one to use.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW on theme found at www.throttlelauncher.com WM7 is that still going on and if so can you build it into you new rom so we have more choices just wondering if it is a good one to use.

I don't have any plans to. I haven't been involved with ThrottleLauncher in quite some time.

Guest rtimi28

BW if I wanted some of your cabs for to add to neco's 28091 rom like easy settings and your home screen, is there any special app I also need to download or just simply the cabs for those apps

Guest blazingwolf
BW if I wanted some of your cabs for to add to neco's 28091 rom like easy settings and your home screen, is there any special app I also need to download or just simply the cabs for those apps

Getting the cabs should work depending on exactly what you want. Do you mean 23091? I'm not aware of a 28091.