problem with updating to new rom

Guest 3sgte

Guest 3sgte

hey guys, im pretty new when it comes to a winmobile device and flashing a rom. im trying to flash my i910. after downloading the new cf03 sw, every time i try to run it i get an error that my computer does not have "windows mobile device center". i am able to get to the accept screen and after i hit accept terms thats what i get.

i definitely have it because when i connect my phone, that program opens up and connects. but what i did notice is that i cant click on contacts, calendar and a couple of other things to back up?? i think it says somewhere because i dont have outlook on my computer.

i am running windows vista and it has another program called windows email instead of outlook.. could this be the reason the new update program will not see the windows mobile device center? i went to the verizon store so that they could do the update for me. after waiting on line for about 30 mins they tell me that they are not allowed to do the updates to smart phones?? so i guess im on my own. any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Edited by 3sgte

Guest blazingwolf
hey guys, im pretty new when it comes to a winmobile device and flashing a rom. im trying to flash my i910. after downloading the new cf03 sw, every time i try to run it i get an error that my computer does not have "windows mobile device center". i am able to get to the accept screen and after i hit accept terms thats what i get.

i definitely have it because when i connect my phone, that program opens up and connects. but what i did notice is that i cant click on contacts, calendar and a couple of other things to back up?? i think it says somewhere because i dont have outlook on my computer.

i am running windows vista and it has another program called windows email instead of outlook.. could this be the reason the new update program will not see the windows mobile device center? i went to the verizon store so that they could do the update for me. after waiting on line for about 30 mins they tell me that they are not allowed to do the updates to smart phones?? so i guess im on my own. any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Are you using the 64bit Vista? You have to update with an img file and UMDL if you do. I know a link for the img has been posted on ppckgeeks.com in the Omnia forum.

Guest 3sgte

ok i have checked on ppckgeeks.com and really cant find what i need. i have no idea what to do??? can someone show me exactly what i need to download to make this new rom (cf03) see my wmdc program?

thanks for any help and agian im sorry im very new to all this.

Guest theidoctor.org
ok i have checked on ppckgeeks.com and really cant find what i need. i have no idea what to do??? can someone show me exactly what i need to download to make this new rom (cf03) see my wmdc program?

thanks for any help and agian im sorry im very new to all this.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...update-is-here/

Edited by theidoctor.org

Guest 3sgte

i have read through that link and it really doesn't answer what i have to do. actually the only thing i see is that vista with 64bit will not work?? am i missing something? again the update does not see that i have wmdc on my computer when i do have it and is connected to my omnia? do i need to maybe call samsung and have them walk me through an alternate route?

Guest blazingwolf
i have read through that link and it really doesn't answer what i have to do. actually the only thing i see is that vista with 64bit will not work?? am i missing something? again the update does not see that i have wmdc on my computer when i do have it and is connected to my omnia? do i need to maybe call samsung and have them walk me through an alternate route?

I doubt they will tell you how. You need to get the img file for the CF03 ROM and then use UMDL just like we did for CC20.

Look at this post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1...;postcount=5124

This should get you up and running.

Guest 3sgte

thanks for the help blazingwolf but i tried that link and tried clicking on the cf03.img and it says page not found. the other links on that page seem to let me download them but not the one i think i need??(img)i guess ill never get this new rom?? its very frustrating as to why this whole process is so complicated.. not saying that the iphone is better or that it is on a better platform but my girlfriend has one and whenever she needs to update or download something to it, it just plan works, every time. i wish windows devices were that easy. she starting to rub it in my face. ;)

Guest 3sgte

well i just got off the phone with samsung and as i thought they were no help. even though there is a download for vista 64bit it does not work and that is what samsung has verified... real great. oh well i guess ill just wait until they make it compatible with vista 64bit.