WM 6.5 [CF03] ROM's by Hartv427

Guest hartv427

Guest Rob Storm
Thank's I try to keep some things origonal :)

Cool. Shoot me a PM when the 12MB version is available so I can reflash both Omnias. ;)

Guest Rob Storm
12 Mb pagepool on first post :)

Great, now I can get my fix..... ;) Hands were starting to get a bit shaky from withdrawls.

Guest hartv427

WM 6.5.1 BETA

Looking to try something new try hartv427_6.5.1_V1

The build is 21925.5.0.60 from the MD1 branch dated July 13, 2009

On bottom of first post :)

Guest swade8

Hi, I am following the steps from the sticky on how to flash using a custom rom, but the instructions don't seem to follow this rom, am I missing anything in the steps.. here's what I'm attempting to follow... http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...m-verizon-i910/

keep in mind i've substituted the cc20 for the cf03 and the cooked roms of cc20 for the cooked roms of cf03..

when it comes to clicking on the unified file.. I can't see the .bin file... what am i doing wrong.. can someone help me out.. thanks in advance...

Guest hartv427
Hi, I am following the steps from the sticky on how to flash using a custom rom, but the instructions don't seem to follow this rom, am I missing anything in the steps.. here's what I'm attempting to follow... http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...m-verizon-i910/

keep in mind i've substituted the cc20 for the cf03 and the cooked roms of cc20 for the cooked roms of cf03..

when it comes to clicking on the unified file.. I can't see the .bin file... what am i doing wrong.. can someone help me out.. thanks in advance...

you will need to click PDA for the cooked ROMs then browse for the .bin then detect

Guest swade8
you will need to click PDA for the cooked ROMs then browse for the .bin then detect

I appreciated the reply and response.. thanks.. that's what I was doing wrong... by the way... you've got one nice Rom... I am really liking the fact that alot of the verizon bloatware is gone and we can now install what we want.. and seems like you did not compromise any of the initial O/S workings.. that's really good too... I tried one rom months back and the O/s Seemed Compromised.. for now I'll test it out all day.. and offer my opinions later..

Thanks again.

Guest hartv427
I appreciated the reply and response.. thanks.. that's what I was doing wrong... by the way... you've got one nice Rom... I am really liking the fact that alot of the verizon bloatware is gone and we can now install what we want.. and seems like you did not compromise any of the initial O/S workings.. that's really good too... I tried one rom months back and the O/s Seemed Compromised.. for now I'll test it out all day.. and offer my opinions later..

Thanks again.

Glad it's working for you, I should have put more directions on the first post. Your opinions are welcome :)

Guest Terminalx

I like the new way this rom is going but its definitely beta still on this, 6.5.1

- the stock rom has no way to change the links

- the getting started is useless, none of the hyperlinks work at all

- the text is running off the page on a lot of the apps

- the new bigger text and the additions of being able to use swipe are nice

- a bigger scrollbar would make this a lot more finger friendly too but I think its the rom itself not the cook

- thank god you used the 3 hexagons and not 4 as 4 is not finger friendly at all...

Guest hartv427

6.5.1 definetly needs some work but it's a taste of whats to come with windows mobile. I have a list of things I'm trying to correct for the next version ... Thanks for the comments

Guest hartv427

Release Notes: Hartv427_V4

23016 XIP & SYS

12 mb Pagepool

Removed: BING, Transcriber, Samsung Volume Control, WM6.5 Rings & Sounds, WM Marketplace

Added: Advanced Configuration Tool

See First Post

Guest swade8

Ok... so far here's one of my thoughts on v3 rom.... very nicely made, very small finger print on the storage and Ram side... fast, and so far seems flawless.... all apps I've loaded from cabs are working well..

I've only one problem.. bluetooth works fine with my stereo headphones, but my bluetooth speakerphone will not stay conneted... I will flash to version 4 to see if there is something in the ROM that's causing it to disconnect after a brief connect...

but all in all.. GPS works very good no complaints and very fast all in all.. keep up the great work, HARTV424!!!

Guest hartv427
Ok... so far here's one of my thoughts on v3 rom.... very nicely made, very small finger print on the storage and Ram side... fast, and so far seems flawless.... all apps I've loaded from cabs are working well..

I've only one problem.. bluetooth works fine with my stereo headphones, but my bluetooth speakerphone will not stay conneted... I will flash to version 4 to see if there is something in the ROM that's causing it to disconnect after a brief connect...

but all in all.. GPS works very good no complaints and very fast all in all.. keep up the great work, HARTV424!!!

Glad things are going well :) . My next version will have more OEM apps removed and cabs if you want them back in

Guest swade8

I flashed to version 4, and WOW!.... really like this one... bluetooth works a whole lot better now ...

am having a problem with skyfire closing off if i attempt to use the keyboard with the letter "T"... closes right off...using Opera as a backup for now.. that works..

also have an issue with SPB Mobile 3.1 won't allow the weather to update... it attempts then all is gone and throws me back to a blank wallpaper screen.. almost like taking me all the way back to the desktop with no icons or programs till it refreshes and starts loading back..

these are minor issues but still very workable.. haven't tried my OnCourse 8 yet.. but am sure it works fine on v4.

thanks Hartv427.

Guest swade8
I flashed to version 4, and WOW!.... really like this one... bluetooth works a whole lot better now ...

am having a problem with skyfire closing off if i attempt to use the keyboard with the letter "T"... closes right off...using Opera as a backup for now.. that works..

also have an issue with SPB Mobile 3.1 won't allow the weather to update... it attempts then all is gone and throws me back to a blank wallpaper screen.. almost like taking me all the way back to the desktop with no icons or programs till it refreshes and starts loading back..

these are minor issues but still very workable.. haven't tried my OnCourse 8 yet.. but am sure it works fine on v4.

thanks Hartv427.

Correction on my above problems.. all is working fine now.. Skyfire needed it's latest update.. and SPB Mobile Shell issue with the weather updates.. is where you can't initialize the update with mobile shell first.. you have to initialize your 3G connection first then click on the weather update in Mobile Shell...

later.. and thanks

Guest hartv427
Correction on my above problems.. all is working fine now.. Skyfire needed it's latest update.. and SPB Mobile Shell issue with the weather updates.. is where you can't initialize the update with mobile shell first.. you have to initialize your 3G connection first then click on the weather update in Mobile Shell...

later.. and thanks

Glad things are working well :)

Guest eclsnowman

I am so glad to see someone else turning out a base rom. I love roms that have basically nothing on it but the basics. I have cabs for anything I want at this point, so it lets me build a very light and custom setup without having to learn to cooking myself. I tried cooking two weeks ago but couldn't figure it out. But I saw Adryn added a new tutorial since he rearanged his kitchen... so maybe I will take a stab at it again.

Keep up the good work. Us Non-cooking customizers need people like you.

Guest sumuller
Hartv427_V4

First of all THIS ROM ROCKS ! ! !. And the main reason is because you kept a lot of the business features and made the interface easy for "thumb-browsing." I was about to give up on my Omnia because I hated Windows Mobile and those tiny Xs to close screens and the inconsistent interface -- let's admit: good apps selection but presented in a clumsy interface. And as you see, I could write a list of the things I hated.

Fortunately a buddy told me I could change it. So, to YOU, those who contributed and all others who gave pointers for installation in this post my THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Here are a couple of questions (Q), problems reported (P) and a note (N):

Q 1- Could I install VZNavigator or would it conflict with anything? I love this program. And I am eagerly awaiting your version of the Business Card reader.

Q 2- Once I got this install stabilized, is it possible to image the phone like you would take an image of a computer? If so where could I get the info? I have installed this rom twice. The second time the installation worked fine except for the problem reported below. It took we a full morning to re-flash and install the pieces I selected. If I had an image it would be 20 minutes to flash the whole phone and the minutes to sync.

Q 3 -I am trying to install Titanium Weather [Ported to QVGA by mnemonique] v3.1.2.cab and Showaco-Titanium-Weather-QVGA-by-Mnemonique-v3e-M2D-Icons.cab from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=487090 and I cannot get the weather tab/ribbon to display with its proper icons. I ran the settings and they seem to have been set, as I see the last update timestamp. Any pointers?

P 1- I cannot create a new contact. If I press the left soft key "Contacts" on the Today panel, or the Contacts icon on the Start panel both correctly take me to the Contacts screen. But if I press "New" I get a subscreen "Select a Contact Type" with three options: Outlook Contacts, Email Group and Messaging Group. Whichever of these I choose the outcome is the same: I am back to the alphabetical contacts' list of all my contacts with the field "Enter a name" on the top. If I press "New" here, I am back to the "Select a Contact Type" screen and again, no new blank contact form comes up.

Under the "Menu" there is no Add option, so I cannot add new contact from here as I think I used to do.

I can copy an existing contact and Edit it to make whatever contact I want and save to the list. This is the only way I can add contacts. Any ideas how to fix the "New" soft key link to bring me to a blank Edit contact screen?

P 2- For some reason the GPS locator does not find the satelite. The locator in Google Maps and VZNavigator were showing my phone's location before flashing. Any settings or fixes?

N 1-This is more an FYI for the forum. Many postings demonize Vista. I have successfully installed your ROM and Face Book, Tiny Tweeter and Pandora apps. I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1.

Guest blazingwolf
First of all THIS ROM ROCKS ! ! !. And the main reason is because you kept a lot of the business features and made the interface easy for "thumb-browsing." I was about to give up on my Omnia because I hated Windows Mobile and those tiny Xs to close screens and the inconsistent interface -- let's admit: good apps selection but presented in a clumsy interface. And as you see, I could write a list of the things I hated.

Fortunately a buddy told me I could change it. So, to YOU, those who contributed and all others who gave pointers for installation in this post my THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Here are a couple of questions (Q), problems reported (P) and a note (N):

Q 1- Could I install VZNavigator or would it conflict with anything? I love this program. And I am eagerly awaiting your version of the Business Card reader.

Q 2- Once I got this install stabilized, is it possible to image the phone like you would take an image of a computer? If so where could I get the info? I have installed this rom twice. The second time the installation worked fine except for the problem reported below. It took we a full morning to re-flash and install the pieces I selected. If I had an image it would be 20 minutes to flash the whole phone and the minutes to sync.

Q 3 -I am trying to install Titanium Weather [Ported to QVGA by mnemonique] v3.1.2.cab and Showaco-Titanium-Weather-QVGA-by-Mnemonique-v3e-M2D-Icons.cab from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=487090 and I cannot get the weather tab/ribbon to display with its proper icons. I ran the settings and they seem to have been set, as I see the last update timestamp. Any pointers?

P 1- I cannot create a new contact. If I press the left soft key "Contacts" on the Today panel, or the Contacts icon on the Start panel both correctly take me to the Contacts screen. But if I press "New" I get a subscreen "Select a Contact Type" with three options: Outlook Contacts, Email Group and Messaging Group. Whichever of these I choose the outcome is the same: I am back to the alphabetical contacts' list of all my contacts with the field "Enter a name" on the top. If I press "New" here, I am back to the "Select a Contact Type" screen and again, no new blank contact form comes up.

Under the "Menu" there is no Add option, so I cannot add new contact from here as I think I used to do.

I can copy an existing contact and Edit it to make whatever contact I want and save to the list. This is the only way I can add contacts. Any ideas how to fix the "New" soft key link to bring me to a blank Edit contact screen?

P 2- For some reason the GPS locator does not find the satelite. The locator in Google Maps and VZNavigator were showing my phone's location before flashing. Any settings or fixes?

N 1-This is more an FYI for the forum. Many postings demonize Vista. I have successfully installed your ROM and Face Book, Tiny Tweeter and Pandora apps. I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1.

1. Yes, VZ Nav will work.

2. You need a backup program like Spb Backup, Resco Backup or Sprite.

3. You need to use version 4.2 by Showaco. That one should work assuming you get the version that has been patched with the new address for downloading the weather.

P1. This is something hartv427 will have to fix.

P2. First lock after a flash can take awhile. Make sure you turn location to on, go outside in a nice clear area and wait with the program running 10 or 15 minutes and it should lock.

Guest rtimi28

Okay I think I will go with you hart424, seems everyone seems to like the base rom and then adding cabs for what they want, which for me is the greatest. now if only I know where to get the cabs from so I can add you version 4 to i910. wish me luck. Oh before I flash yours, I already have a cooked rom. Do I need to revert back to cfo3 rom for verizon before flashing yours. Trying not to brick my phone you know.