Anybody wanna try to help me? new firmware

Guest snapz54

Guest blazingwolf
picture is worth a thousand words...

post-512447-1247978865_thumb.jpg

Recheck USB connection in activesync or WMDC. Should get you in to the emergency mode. Well, it has for others anyway.

Guest snapz54
No, probably not.

running 7 64bit. Nothing ever happened after leaving it overnight. I unplugged and we can add another brick to the pile. calling verizon today and using the UMDL when the new one arrives. Any tips on making sure they don't fight me on sending a new one?

Guest blazingwolf
running 7 64bit. Nothing ever happened after leaving it overnight. I unplugged and we can add another brick to the pile. calling verizon today and using the UMDL when the new one arrives. Any tips on making sure they don't fight me on sending a new one?

Did you do what I mentioned?

Guest Rooster Misfit

if they try and fight you on it complain to them that you would have preferred THEM to do the update for you but they WOULDNT so you had to do it yourself, a problem happened and now they have to fix it... if they still say no grab the next boss in line and start complaining about how you dont feel like the customer service isnt being met for what the contract is worth

Guest manija
if they try and fight you on it complain to them that you would have preferred THEM to do the update for you but they WOULDNT so you had to do it yourself, a problem happened and now they have to fix it... if they still say no grab the next boss in line and start complaining about how you dont feel like the customer service isnt being met for what the contract is worth

Hey there,

First post. Been reading you for a while. Thanks for all the great Omnia i910 questions and answers.

I was about to install the new Samsung i910 firmware and saw the warning about the OS needing to be x32. I'm guessing that means 32-bit. I have Vista 64-bit. Do you know if I will brick my phone doing the upgrade? Thanks so much in advance for any answers. I wish I could add anything useful to You wonderful answer people but that is not my strength.

Manija

Guest snapz54
Did you do what I mentioned?

I did, no response. I called verizon they tried to start off quickly with a "Oh okay, well let's just see if you're eligible for an upgrade?" I told her it was their software and I was following there instructions and they were gonna replace it and absorb any charges associated. She transferred me to tech support and the new one arrives tomorrow. jedi mind tricks.

also, she said the new one should ship with the CF03 already loaded in? we'll see.

Guest level140
I did, no response. I called verizon they tried to start off quickly with a "Oh okay, well let's just see if you're eligible for an upgrade?" I told her it was their software and I was following there instructions and they were gonna replace it and absorb any charges associated. She transferred me to tech support and the new one arrives tomorrow. jedi mind tricks.

also, she said the new one should ship with the CF03 already loaded in? we'll see.

God can't they just say "We can just upgrade your phone, but seeing as you have one of the most advanced phones out there, we will be more than willing to replace it at no cost because it was our fault."

I broke the screen on my omnia first week. One tech support guy told me I was screwed, and had to spend $450 on a new phone. I then went to another lady who said "Oh, you just got it? We can just put insurance on it and you can replace it for $50, and because that tech guy messed up, I'll wave the replacement fee."

Persistance is the key =)

*cough* I threatened to cancel my internet, wireless, and tv with them ;)