is anyone having any luck with bing (post cfo3)?

Guest punchman

Guest punchman

I was really excited to see the new update out and even more excited to see all of the chefs hard at work with these awesome 6.5 roms. So i got cf03 up and running and put a rom on built from it. I tried google maps and agps seemed to work fine, but when i tried bing "locate me" still doesn't work. Has anyone had luck with this function yet? If so, let me know about what u did to make it work. I think bing is awesome, and it drives me crazy i can't utilize it to it's fullest extent.

thanks

Guest necosino

Google Maps uses aGPS

Bing uses GPS, you have to wait to get a lock ;)

Try out GPSToggle, it's a today plugin (non-Titanium) that will keep a GPS lock with minimal battery drain.

Guest Lisbian08
I was really excited to see the new update out and even more excited to see all of the chefs hard at work with these awesome 6.5 roms. So i got cf03 up and running and put a rom on built from it. I tried google maps and agps seemed to work fine, but when i tried bing "locate me" still doesn't work. Has anyone had luck with this function yet? If so, let me know about what u did to make it work. I think bing is awesome, and it drives me crazy i can't utilize it to it's fullest extent.

thanks

I actually got Locate me to work twice that is out of 20 to 25 times... ;) . It is very flaky.

Guest markist

To get bing to work, Go into the settings>personal tab>phone>services tab>gps>change settings and set it it to Location On. Wait about 20 minutes and then restart your phone. Try Bing after that.

Guest punchman
Google Maps uses aGPS

Bing uses GPS, you have to wait to get a lock ;)

Try out GPSToggle, it's a today plugin (non-Titanium) that will keep a GPS lock with minimal battery drain.

Hmm... sounds good. Do you have any recommendations of programs similar to bing? I really like all the extra search options it comes with.