Weak GPS Signal after Update

Guest mikentammy610

Guest mikentammy610

Well had a great gps signal and 5 sat lock after the initial cfo3 flash.. Then flashed to cooked rom and was still working great... I had to reflash the same cooked rom and now all I get is weak gps signal in google maps. I have rechecked all the settings and everything is perfect....

ANY THOUGHTS....

THANKS

Guest jar3ds

i'm not sure either... i just did the new vzw update and i'm not very pleased with the GPS...

so far i've got google map & iGo8 but garmin XT was a nogo and couldn't find the GPS device :D..

Seek time just takes FOREVER... i've got the quickGPS and the toggle to help speed things up but nothing really helps other than just letter my phone sit for about 10 mins ;) ...

spoiled by AGPS via VZNavigator...

Guest mikentammy610

Yeah... Google. maps said Weak Signal, then could not find gps device....

Michael

I may just reflash with CF03 then cooked rom again...

Michael

Guest jar3ds
Yeah... Google. maps said Weak Signal, then could not find gps device....

Michael

I may just reflash with CF03 then cooked rom again...

Michael

try port 8 w/ like 57xxx baud...

Guest stupidel
try port 8 w/ like 57xxx baud...

I'm assuming that you have your GPS setting set to Location ON in phone settings? With out this you won't get your GPS working (it'll only use cell towers). Check that out and it should solve your problem. I'm using BGill55's V1.1 rom and have no problems with either Garmin XT or TomTom. Garmin auto detected the GPS and TomTom only required some minor settings change.

Guest necosino

Leave all settings default (win managed) and just get BAF GPS Toggle. Turn it on, and forget about it. minimal battery drain and keeps a warm lock ;)

Guest NewKlNGjames
Leave all settings default (win managed) and just get BAF GPS Toggle. Turn it on, and forget about it. minimal battery drain and keeps a warm lock ;)

how does that work with titanium?

Guest mikentammy610

Well must have been bad gps sattelite evening... started driving this morning and got 7 sat lock in like 5 seconds....

managed by windows... and yes my location was on.....

Thanks

Guest phantomguy1

Note to the wise my friends...... QuickGPS changes the file system file on your device so it cant get locks on gps signals..... I found this out the hard way. So what you need to do is hard reset the device and start again.. or at least thats what I did. I get locks no prob now.... (sometimes two min for a lock) QuickGPS doesnt work apparently on the new rom.