Screen Shuts Off / Freezes

Guest joehero

Guest joehero

This might be the wrong forum, but I am asking here first since I am bouncing around between all the sweet ROMs and you guys are all so helpful.

It isn't necessarily a new issue, but I would say at least once a day or maybe every other day for the past month or two my phone will just lock up after turning the display off. No buttons will turn it back on, the power button does not shut it down, the only way to get it back is the reset button or to remove the battery. It never freezes with the display on, only while off. It isn't shut down either, it is definitely still on. Is it overheating?

I started using custom ROMs about 2 weeks ago so I don't think it is totally tied to that.

Do I have defective hardware? Should I go bug Verizon? Or is this something I can remedy?

Guest vradi
This might be the wrong forum, but I am asking here first since I am bouncing around between all the sweet ROMs and you guys are all so helpful.

It isn't necessarily a new issue, but I would say at least once a day or maybe every other day for the past month or two my phone will just lock up after turning the display off. No buttons will turn it back on, the power button does not shut it down, the only way to get it back is the reset button or to remove the battery. It never freezes with the display on, only while off. It isn't shut down either, it is definitely still on. Is it overheating?

I started using custom ROMs about 2 weeks ago so I don't think it is totally tied to that.

Do I have defective hardware? Should I go bug Verizon? Or is this something I can remedy?

I have this same issue with Blazingwolf's Night v1.1 rom, but I don't think it is the rom. I think it might have something to do with winmo 6.5, as I had the same issue with CC20 6.5 roms. I eventually went back to a 6.1 rom.

Edited by vradi

Guest blazingwolf

This is usually an issue with a program freezing while your device is sleeping. The trick is to find which program is causing it. Uninstall one program at a time until the issue stops. Reinstall and see if it happens again. If it does you most probably have your culprit.