updating to winmo 6.5 or 6.5.1

Guest wizern23

Guest wizern23

Does anybody know if this is currently possible with all the roms out there? I know that by the time i will probably be able to get this phone unlocked the 6.5 upgrade might already be out. I was just wondering if anybody has succeeded in doing so.

Guest thebigshazbowski
No, currently there is no new or custom rom available for the TG01. But an OTA Upgrade has been announced recently.

Really when?

I see on a few press releases that tosh (or orange?) will send out a 6.5 upgrade but the Microsoft notes I've seen contradict that as they state they will only update those devices that have the windows key on the handset...

the tosh has no windows branding on it's outer case whatsoever I just noticed - not even on the back panel.

think I read that here or a link off this page http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2...02-16MWCPR.mspx

Guest SinSilla

It has been reported on several newspages. (e.g.CNet)

I asked my provider (02) today i they could concrete the release date (since they have stated the above too). Unfortunately they couldn´t as they are still waiting for the approval from MS. 

There are Videos of the TG01 running Windows Mobile 6.5 as well, and since none of the usual sources has come close to anything like this it seems likely that these were official tests.

Edited by SinSilla