Omnia i910: Shortcut Icon's disappear on WM 6.5

Guest CACEMI00

Guest CACEMI00

I'm sporting BW's latest CF03 build which kicks total ass, but unfortunately I've been getting a stupid problem lately whenever I install a program onto My Storage. At a certain points the icon pictures will disappear leaving me with some generic icon for my shortcuts in the Honeycomb. This is real irrtating since each time this happens I need to delete my old shortcuts then re-create them again via the File Explorer.

Is there a reason this is happening or a way I can fix it? Just wanted to know if my phone is hosed so I can stop flashing and take it to Verizon for a Warranty exchange.

Thanks to all in the forums!!! I love this site!

I'm sporting BW's latest CF03 build which kicks total ass, but unfortunately I've been getting a stupid problem lately whenever I install a program onto My Storage. At a certain points the icon pictures will disappear leaving me with some generic icon for my shortcuts in the Honeycomb. This is real irrtating since each time this happens I need to delete my old shortcuts then re-create them again via the File Explorer.

Is there a reason this is happening or a way I can fix it? Just wanted to know if my phone is hosed so I can stop flashing and take it to Verizon for a Warranty exchange.

UPDATE!!!!!

I believe I have inadvertently cracked the case! Apparently the 'My Storage' on my i910 somehow got a Volume Label of TFAT and this caused it to behave sporadically. So I did the following:

1) Backed up all of my data from My Storage

2) Enabled Mass Storage mode for 'My Storage'

3) Went to My Computer, found the drive (which was labeled TFAT (F:\))

4) Right Clicked on the Drive and selected Properties

5) Select Format

6) You should be fine with the default options EXCEPT for the Volume Label which should have no text (if there is then delete it).

7) Click on OK

8) Reset your device

and....voila! You should be good to go. I'm not saying this will solve EVERYONE's problems, but all my shortcuts have been kosher since I've done this.

Good luck!

Edited by CACEMI00

Guest necosino

Have you tried just restarting your phone when this happens to see if the new icon comes back?

Edited by necosino

Guest CACEMI00
Have you tried just restarting your phone when this happens to see if the new icon comes back?

Yes, and unfortunately nothing is solved :-(

Anyone know what the signs of a corrupt My Storage are?

Guest blazingwolf
Yes, and unfortunately nothing is solved :-(

Anyone know what the signs of a corrupt My Storage are?

What you are experiencing. Format your My Storage and you should be fine after that

Guest CACEMI00
What you are experiencing. Format your My Storage and you should be fine after that

I've tried this several times, but at this point I'm just gonna have to say F'it and Warranty my phone. Luckily I've done enough backups that getting up to speed is quick ;-)

I'm honored you and Neo responded to my query. Mad props for both your ROMS!

Guest snkeyez95

I experience the same problem. Sometimes the icon is the intended icon and most times it is a blank generic icon. Soft reset does not fix the problem. I've tried almost every cook's ROMs and I've had the same icon experience with them all.

Just something I've become accustom to.

This happens only to programs I've installed after a flash.

Edited by snkeyez95

Guest blazingwolf
I experience the same problem. Sometimes the icon is the intended icon and most times it is a blank generic icon. Soft reset does not fix the problem. I've tried almost every cook's ROMs and I've had the same icon experience with them all.

Just something I've become accustom to.

This happens only to programs I've installed after a flash.

This has nothing to do with the ROM. It is corruption of files in the My Storage location.

Guest snkeyez95
This has nothing to do with the ROM. It is corruption of files in the My Storage location.

Is this a function of the device being 'broke'?

Guest blazingwolf
Is this a function of the device being 'broke'?

No. It can happen to all storage devices. Files become corrupted sometime. Not much can be done about it.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest necosino
No. It can happen to all storage devices. Files become corrupted sometime. Not much can be done about it.

Besides formatting :)

Guest CACEMI00

UPDATE!!!!!

I believe I have inadvertently cracked the case! Apparently the 'My Storage' on my i910 somehow got a Volume Label of TFAT and this caused it to behave sporadically. So I did the following:

5) Select Format

6) You should be fine with the default options EXCEPT for the Volume Label which should have no text (if there is then delete it).

7) Click on OK

8) Reset your device

and....voila! You should be good to go. I'm not saying this will solve EVERYONE's problems, but all my shortcuts have been kosher since I've done this.

Good luck!

Guest Adrynalyne
UPDATE!!!!!

5) Select Format

7) Click on OK

8) Reset your device

Good luck!

Hmmm...isnt this what BW said to do?

Guest Aximtreo
Hmmm...isnt this what BW said to do?

Quick Question, how do I set my storage to mass storage so I can format it. Never had to do this before so feel a bit humble that I don't know the answer

Guest blazingwolf
Quick Question, how do I set my storage to mass storage so I can format it. Never had to do this before so feel a bit humble that I don't know the answer

Start/Settings/Connections/USB Connection Mode. Select My Storage as the mass storage. Connect to your PC. :)

Guest Aximtreo
Start/Settings/Connections/USB Connection Mode. Select My Storage as the mass storage. Connect to your PC. :)

Thanks BW, your ROM's are first class, not to mention a lot of fun.