MrCapcom's Custom Rom Final Build 28014

Guest MrCapcom

Guest aream2000

i have tried alot of the 6.5 omnia roms on modaco so far yours is my favorite, really the only im having is that i can change the volume when the phone is locked besides that i love it, btw im using 11a

Guest jonmeza

This is a great ROM. I initially was going for one BW's Black and Blue ROMs, but yours was more my taste and has been stable for the majority of the programs and features I use. :( I scrapped using Mobile Shell 3.5 now that I know how much cooler ROM customizations can be. Thanks! You'll have a donation soon ;)

The only time my phone is locking up is in the Text Messaging window....I deleted all my old text messages I had previously resynced through My Phone, and left only one thread from one of my fave contacts. I did this in hopes that it would run smoother. But it keeps locking up my phone. :) I think it happens when I send a message and I click on the OK button on the bottom right. I've gotten around this by hitting the hardware end button instead, and go right back to the Home screen.

Anyone have a fix for the Text Message lock up?

EDIT**

Figured out what the problem seems to be. Threaded Messaging. I disabled it through AdvancedConfig last night and Text Messaging has been working fine since, with the OK button functional as well. No more lock ups!

I liked threaded messaging so hopefully that can be fixed.

Edited by jonmeza

Guest gr8games

has anyone been having trouble with their screen not turning off automatically? I need to check some more but it seems that my screen does not shut off on its own, if i don't shut it off it just stays on when i am not even touching the phone. seems this would drain my battery pretty fast?

thanks

Guest Grassguy
has anyone been having trouble with their screen not turning off automatically? I need to check some more but it seems that my screen does not shut off on its own, if i don't shut it off it just stays on when i am not even touching the phone. seems this would drain my battery pretty fast?

thanks

I use S2U2 so not seeing this problem. Sorry

Guest jonmeza

The shut down Iron Man animation and sound byte is hilarious, but the startup Iron Man sequence is a bit much for me.

If I wanted to change the gif and wav files, how would I go about doing that? I tried simply replacing by drag and dropping the files via ActiveSync, but I get a message saying I dont have permission to do this. Also Googled an old program called Voyager but couldnt access all the Windows files for some reason.

Anyway to get around this? Thanks in advance.

The shut down Iron Man animation and sound byte is hilarious, but the startup Iron Man sequence is a bit much for me.

If I wanted to change the gif and wav files, how would I go about doing that? I tried simply replacing by drag and dropping the files via ActiveSync, but I get a message saying I dont have permission to do this. Also Googled an old program called Voyager but couldnt access all the Windows files for some reason.

I had the same opinion as you. Here are the steps as best as I can remember:

1. Search modaco.com for other startup/shutdown sequences and images, or create your own. Download them to My Storage on your phone.

2. Install Total Commander onto the phone.

3. The startup/shutdown images are named Ani_poweron.gif/Ani_poweroff.gif respectively, and the sounds are pwr_on.wav/pwr_off.wav.

4. Make sure your new files are named the same.

5. The files you want to replace are in the \Windows\ directory and are hidden and write protected. I was unable to use Total Commander/Activesync/Windows Explorer to change theses attributes of the file. I didn't get an error, but after changing them checking they were still read-only. BUT you can navigate to the new files with Total Commander, select one of them, click File, then scroll down to copy/move, select the \Windows\ directory as the move to location and Move (copy may work also, but I used move). Then check and see, but TC was able to override the read-only settings on the file. You will have to do a soft reset to make the changes.

NOTE: there is one other file that shows up at startup that you can change in the same way, it is welcomehead.96.png.

I don't know why TC wouldn't change the attributes of the file, but the move command works, but there you go.

Edited by Sceva

Guest necosino

Anyway to get around this? Thanks in advance.

Here are a couple: One is family Guy the other is MGM Lion roaring (Which I am going to update tonight. I'm thinking of having the Porky Pig "That's all, folks" for the power off! lol)

Edited by necosino

Guest gr8games

installed s2u2 last night and it shuts my screen off in about 15 seconds. hopefully that will help my battery. my screen being on most of the day even with the backlight off has got to suck the juice down i would think

Guest Bomama94

Hey I have found 2 bugs with 11a. For some reason when I click "Get the rest of this message" with my finger it brings up a menu but when i click it with the mouse it downloads the message. Also when you bring up a menu, you can only scroll down by using the arrow keys at the top and bottom but on other roms you can just put your finger in the middle and move the menu up and down if that makes sense. Maybe its because you don't include FTouchSL or something

Guest gr8games
Hey I have found 2 bugs with 11a. For some reason when I click "Get the rest of this message" with my finger it brings up a menu but when i click it with the mouse it downloads the message. Also when you bring up a menu, you can only scroll down by using the arrow keys at the top and bottom but on other roms you can just put your finger in the middle and move the menu up and down if that makes sense. Maybe its because you don't include FTouchSL or something

i have this same problem with the menus. i have to use either the Dpad or the arrows to scroll through a menu also.

as for the screen, i don't think so, but its always possible that its a program.

Guest Bomama94
i have this same problem with the menus. i have to use either the Dpad or the arrows to scroll through a menu also.

as for the screen, i don't think so, but its always possible that its a program.

Yeah it might be because i'm using touch response but i haven't had this problem on other peoples roms. Like right now im on Evidence's triple optics rom and it works fine.

Guest necosino
just flashed to version 12 so far i love it

only issue is i see it doesn't have onenote

Connect to your computer with activesync on and Office 2007. OneNote will prompt you to install it onto your device :)

Guest MrCapcom

I took out one note like really what do you use it for? we kinda have like 2 note programs on our phones i took one note out enlighten me as to why it should be back in I just never saw a need for it.

TaskFacade? Whats wrong with it? u know it won't come up if it doesnt have something other than the desktop