MrCapcom's Custom Rom Final Build 28014

Guest MrCapcom

Guest aream2000
I took out one note like really what do you use it for? we kinda have like 2 note programs on our phones i took one note out enlighten me as to why it should be back in I just never saw a need for it.

TaskFacade? Whats wrong with it? u know it won't come up if it doesnt have something other than the desktop

i use it to take notes in my classes, i have really bad hand writing and don't always have my laptop with me

Guest jbr05ki

I got an error saying it had to close unexpectedly. After a soft reset it's cool. How do I close programs on it? I pick "close" on a program but when I use another task manager it's still open.

I took out one note like really what do you use it for? we kinda have like 2 note programs on our phones i took one note out enlighten me as to why it should be back in I just never saw a need for it.

TaskFacade? Whats wrong with it? u know it won't come up if it doesnt have something other than the desktop

Guest Bomama94
I got an error saying it had to close unexpectedly. After a soft reset it's cool. How do I close programs on it? I pick "close" on a program but when I use another task manager it's still open.

To close a program just hold your finger down on the window for a second and then pull it off and there should be a red x at the bottom now. Once you exit out of the task facade window the windows that have the red x are closed.

Guest IMDagwood

Thank you MrCapCom.. very nice work :)

I'm a Nub to this Omnia and I have a question, btw I just flashed your latest ROM on my i910.

Question is this. I have the Skype.Cab and a few others I'd like to re-add.

How do I re-install those programs? I used to just click em in File Explorer but now with the new ROM they don't wanna.

Matter of fact, nothing seems to be installing even when downloaded from MS Market Place.

Can you help?

Edited by IMDagwood

Guest MrCapcom
Thank you MrCapCom.. very nice work :)

I'm a Nub to this Omnia and I have a question, btw I just flashed your latest ROM on my i910.

Question is this. I have the Skype.Cab and a few others I'd like to re-add.

How do I re-install those programs? I used to just click em in File Explorer but now with the new ROM they don't wanna.

Matter of fact, nothing seems to be installing even when downloaded from MS Market Place.

Can you help?

restart after u install market place if its still doign it softreset. I havent tried it on anybody's rom before but i think its a glitch with either our build or marketplace. remember after you install reset ur phone everything should be ok after

Edited by MrCapcom

Guest jonmeza
I had the same opinion as you. Here are the steps as best as I can remember:

1. Search modaco.com for other startup/shutdown sequences and images, or create your own. Download them to My Storage on your phone.

2. Install Total Commander onto the phone.

3. The startup/shutdown images are named Ani_poweron.gif/Ani_poweroff.gif respectively, and the sounds are pwr_on.wav/pwr_off.wav.

4. Make sure your new files are named the same.

5. The files you want to replace are in the \Windows\ directory and are hidden and write protected. I was unable to use Total Commander/Activesync/Windows Explorer to change theses attributes of the file. I didn't get an error, but after changing them checking they were still read-only. BUT you can navigate to the new files with Total Commander, select one of them, click File, then scroll down to copy/move, select the \Windows\ directory as the move to location and Move (copy may work also, but I used move). Then check and see, but TC was able to override the read-only settings on the file. You will have to do a soft reset to make the changes.

NOTE: there is one other file that shows up at startup that you can change in the same way, it is welcomehead.96.png.

I don't know why TC wouldn't change the attributes of the file, but the move command works, but there you go.

Thanks everyone for the links and tips. I managed to make the changes with Resco Explorer. I now have the 8-bit Mega Man wallpaper, and made a wav file of the 16-bit Capcom intro for my startup sound.. LoL love it.

Also using FLTouch for easy kinetic scrolling and sliding in the menus and other programs.

I'm still using version 11a. What other minor fixes were provided in version 12 MrCapcom? Curious if it's worth another flash after getting all my settings and programs the way I want them. The only other issue for me was I had to disable threaded messaging so my device wouldnt lock up.

Guest jbr05ki

Some fixes I noticed were the selection buttons are more smoothed out (i.e. Press the volume rocker) and no HTC Task Manager.

Thanks everyone for the links and tips. I managed to make the changes with Resco Explorer. I now have the 8-bit Mega Man wallpaper, and made a wav file of the 16-bit Capcom intro for my startup sound.. LoL love it.

Also using FLTouch for easy kinetic scrolling and sliding in the menus and other programs.

I'm still using version 11a. What other minor fixes were provided in version 12 MrCapcom? Curious if it's worth another flash after getting all my settings and programs the way I want them. The only other issue for me was I had to disable threaded messaging so my device wouldnt lock up.

Guest IMDagwood
restart after u install market place if its still doign it softreset. I havent tried it on anybody's rom before but i think its a glitch with either our build or marketplace. remember after you install reset ur phone everything should be ok after

You mean push small button next to main power? < told ya I'm a noob> haha

I did that after I flashed your ROM. I"ll try again.

Guest jonmeza

Anyone notice emails not being pushed through automatically on the set schedule?

This has been happening to me on occasion since the ROM update. For example emails from a couple hours ago dont go through even though my settings may be to send/receive every 5 or 10 min. I have to manually send/receive. It will push through fine after a soft reset too, but later on in the day it occurs again.

Guest jonmeza

Ok here's a question about CHome Editor on this ROM...I havent been able to find an answer for this at XDA Developers...

I'm trying to figure out how to modify the Voicemail Panel. Pressing on the Voicemail panel would direct me straight to *86. I use YouMail for my voicemail, and it uses a different phone number.

I tried changing the standard voicemail number on my contact list to the Youmail number as well, but it still dials *86 on the Voicemail panel.

Now I think I messed up the panel and it's values as I can't get it to show up on my homescreen anymore. Help?

Guest Bomama94
Ok here's a question about CHome Editor on this ROM...I havent been able to find an answer for this at XDA Developers...

I'm trying to figure out how to modify the Voicemail Panel. Pressing on the Voicemail panel would direct me straight to *86. I use YouMail for my voicemail, and it uses a different phone number.

I tried changing the standard voicemail number on my contact list to the Youmail number as well, but it still dials *86 on the Voicemail panel.

Now I think I messed up the panel and it's values as I can't get it to show up on my homescreen anymore. Help?

I used to use YouMail and what you have to do is go to Settings - Personal - Phone and change the voicemail number from *86 to whatever your YouMail number is.

Guest StoicKiwi
Anyone notice emails not being pushed through automatically on the set schedule?

This has been happening to me on occasion since the ROM update. For example emails from a couple hours ago dont go through even though my settings may be to send/receive every 5 or 10 min. I have to manually send/receive. It will push through fine after a soft reset too, but later on in the day it occurs again.

Yup, it's happening to me as well. I see that I don't have any e-mails and then I chack gmail on my computer and there are clearly unread messages in there.

They show up when I Send/Receive, but they don't usually come through automatically.

11a is the first ROM I've noticed it in.

Guest arahail

Hi, I'm fairly new to this ROM flashing. I'm just wondering if anyone else have a problem with the Windows icon on the main page(the bottom left icon to go into all the applications) turning back to black and grey after a soft reset? I did a GPS change then soft reset, and it went like that. I reflashed, did a remove titanium weather then soft reset, and it changed the icon. I haven't tried just soft resetting with no changes yet, reflashing is kind of a hassle. Was hoping someone might know something. I also have problem with turning on the "location on" on the gps and then exiting to the other phone services options. I would go in there, and after I press ok, it gives me the standard warning from verizon. Then I press ok again, it doesn't exit out. There is no way to exit afterwards. Thanks for all who can help!

Guest arahail
Hi, I'm fairly new to this ROM flashing. I'm just wondering if anyone else have a problem with the Windows icon on the main page(the bottom left icon to go into all the applications) turning back to black and grey after a soft reset? I did a GPS change then soft reset, and it went like that. I reflashed, did a remove titanium weather then soft reset, and it changed the icon. I haven't tried just soft resetting with no changes yet, reflashing is kind of a hassle. Was hoping someone might know something. I also have problem with turning on the "location on" on the gps and then exiting to the other phone services options. I would go in there, and after I press ok, it gives me the standard warning from verizon. Then I press ok again, it doesn't exit out. There is no way to exit afterwards. Thanks for all who can help!

Ok, I figured out how to change the Windows icon back to color, by going to settings, then home, and use the same theme again. Still having problem with the GPS settings though, and not just that, all other "services" under phone settings, I can't get out of once I try to change the setting.

Guest jonmeza
Ok, I figured out how to change the Windows icon back to color, by going to settings, then home, and use the same theme again. Still having problem with the GPS settings though, and not just that, all other "services" under phone settings, I can't get out of once I try to change the setting.

Yeah I think changing anything under "Services" in the "Phone" menu will cause the Start button and OK button to lock up. Dont know why. But the changes will take effect. You can exit the "Phone" menu by hitting the End Call hardware button.

Guest arahail
Yeah I think changing anything under "Services" in the "Phone" menu will cause the Start button and OK button to lock up. Dont know why. But the changes will take effect. You can exit the "Phone" menu by hitting the End Call hardware button.

Hmm..then how do you change the other services under the phone settings? Do you do a soft reset every time? I also noticed that a soft reset will revert the windows icon back to black and white.

Guest blazingwolf
Hmm..then how do you change the other services under the phone settings? Do you do a soft reset every time? I also noticed that a soft reset will revert the windows icon back to black and white.

It's a known issue on all of the newer builds. Just change a hard button to OK/Close while you are trying to make changes in the settings.

Guest illest2020

Have 2 problems, can not set up my "favorite people" and can not download applications from "Marketplace". Can someone help me out please, Thanks!

Guest MrCapcom

Ok I been really busy with RL but I havent forgotten you guys! I been working on fixing some of the performance issues. And I just formatted and reloaded my laptop and home pc!

Big thanks to everyone who helped me with this release!

http://www.4shared.com/file/143822525/e31e...m_CF03_V13.html

Here is Version 13

Updated theme for winmo7

sys/xip 23081

o and I deleted the startup sound so you can change it to w/e youwant

I added the mms settings so it shoudl work "out of the box"

Edited by MrCapcom