MrCapcom's Custom Rom Final Build 28014

Guest MrCapcom

Guest jaycarl
@jaycarl battery icon won't show unless your charging it

@andredabomb92 Press the power button it should minimize

Thank you for your quick reply.

I should of realized that.

I have some time off work so trying your rom. So far I really like it.

Is coreplayer free because I'm having the issue with fullscreen in WMP?

Guest jaycarl

Yup, found it. Seems alot better than WMP.

I have flashed 4 different roms and I'm liking yours the best but the Dialer seems kinda plain. Do you know how I can get the dialer to look like the one evidence uses in post #1 of his thread?

Hope im not asking to much.

Edit: Just noticed he doesn't have a pic of the dialer. Do you know what it looks like though?

Edited by jaycarl

Guest MrCapcom

I regret to inform you guys and gals (are there any?) that today I will no long be making ROMS for the

Omnia. I want to first and foremost thank everyone for helping me construct these weird things we call ROMS,

just a few I want to note: Adrynalyne, Bgill55, Wozzer, BlazingWolf, Knotbeerdan, Waremike32, Shokka, Airreak, All the guys @ OmniaRom.com and Samsung-Omnia.or and Modaco. Everyone who developed any piece of software/theme/app/wazzoo that I shoved into my rom to make it

great.

I'm currently going on a 2 week vacation but I will be around to answer things, I want to shift focus into another field maybe you will see me back developing or building roms for another phone ;)

Omnia scene seems like its at a all time high with lots of new coming cooks so I know I leave you guys in good hands.

I wanted to continue to develop while waiting for my new phone but with the Vacation and some other things going on in RL I don't see that happening. So this is a farewell, it was alot of fun and great learning experience!

Now to hit the books (n_n)

Guest MrCapcom

Yea lol I'm going Android for a couple of reasons:

ATM I need/want(w/e you want to call it) a new phone with a keyboard and more mem.

I'm not switching Carriers so im staying Verizon for life! lol

So my choices atm are Touch Pro 2 or Moto DROID

Touch Pro 2

3.2 mp camera

Is bascially Discontinued

Only down falls atm vs DROID

Now thing is, from what I hear all current phones will not be able to support WinMo7 so I won't be able to upgrade with a TP2 come end of 2010.

Then on top of that I would like a snapdragon processor if I was going winmo. So TP2 looses atm.

Droid

A bit more free with the open source. New OS's aren't restricted to phone specs. Faster than my Omnia more mem.

At this point both win mobile and Android suit my needs (I field tested a DROID for 2 days)

I figure ill stay with DROID for about 2 years give or take if I feel the need to go back to winmobile it will be a good time because Snap Dragons will be better or HD2 will be on Verizon ;) And maybe a snapdragon Touch Pro will come out >_< And a Decent Win Mobile 7 Phone will be out as well and hopefully all the kinks are fixed if any.

If I don't go back to winmobile I think ill be happy with Android and googles mind control. ;)

I love my Omnia and I think I would have tuffed it out if it wasnt for VZ killing the ram. But Win Mobile is still good and I will be back but for now I'm gonna go with Droid and maybe learn how to develop for them maybe cook some roms depending on whats involved. I'm making some big moves in RL so I'm not sure how thats gonna pan out though. But I will still be around here and there and those who know me will know how to contact me :-)

Last notes don't go jumping on Android just yet Its good and has alot of great things but its just a field test atm so far I don't see myself leaving Android but I have 30 days when I actually get it ;) But right now my Omnia is in a better place making someone else happy :-)

Edited by MrCapcom

Guest andredabomb92
Yea lol I'm going Android for a couple of reasons:

ATM I need/want(w/e you want to call it) a new phone with a keyboard and more mem.

I'm not switching Carriers so im staying Verizon for life! lol

So my choices atm are Touch Pro 2 or Moto DROID

Touch Pro 2

3.2 mp camera

Is bascially Discontinued

Only down falls atm vs DROID

Now thing is, from what I hear all current phones will not be able to support WinMo7 so I won't be able to upgrade with a TP2 come end of 2010.

Then on top of that I would like a snapdragon processor if I was going winmo. So TP2 looses atm.

Droid

A bit more free with the open source. New OS's aren't restricted to phone specs. Faster than my Omnia more mem.

At this point both win mobile and Android suit my needs (I field tested a DROID for 2 days)

I figure ill stay with DROID for about 2 years give or take if I feel the need to go back to winmobile it will be a good time because Snap Dragons will be better or HD2 will be on Verizon ;) And maybe a snapdragon Touch Pro will come out >_< And a Decent Win Mobile 7 Phone will be out as well and hopefully all the kinks are fixed if any.

If I don't go back to winmobile I think ill be happy with Android and googles mind control. ;)

I love my Omnia and I think I would have tuffed it out if it wasnt for VZ killing the ram. But Win Mobile is still good and I will be back but for now I'm gonna go with Droid and maybe learn how to develop for them maybe cook some roms depending on whats involved. I'm making some big moves in RL so I'm not sure how thats gonna pan out though. But I will still be around here and there and those who know me will know how to contact me :-)

Last notes don't go jumping on Android just yet Its good and has alot of great things but its just a field test atm so far I don't see myself leaving Android but I have 30 days when I actually get it ;) But right now my Omnia is in a better place making someone else happy :-)

is the omnia 2 any good? i dont like android and want to stay on winmo, and xmas is jst around the corner

Guest andredabomb92
@jaycarl battery icon won't show unless your charging it

@andredabomb92 Press the power button it should minimize

oh btw its end button, not power button..but i already knew this, i was just wondering if there was a way to make it minimize with the "x" key, but i just mapped the hardware key to ok/close and its fine, but thx anyways

Guest MrCapcom

@andredabomb92 whoops lol I meant end button lol power button would just sleep the phone hehe sowwy

As far as O2 im not liking it that much I didn't like the feel of the phone. DROID and TP2 even was solid O2 felt like it was hollow in the middle.

Touch was nice and the ui was a bit weird looking too colorful lol but that could just be me.

Because it felt like Samsung didnt have that much of a following (it had some that was good but listen more) I would pass the O2 if you want to fully

customize like with ROM's etc. I will always get a HTC phone if I ever went back to winmo. So imo if you had to get a phone right now today

I would say get the Imagio or Touch Pro 2 assuming that you want to stay with winmo.

Guest jaycarl

Kind of sad to see you go but if Android is going to surpass WMO they need people like you to help make it more functional.

There are to many things the Droid can't do right now that my Omnia does. I won't be interested in the Droid till it can at least wireless tether (I think it can't even tether wired), has custom roms and shells, utilize standalone GPS apps, view and edit office docs with out having to pay, load apps on storage card (right now you can only load apps to system memory that is limited to 256mb, which is kinda lame), Take better pics.

Until then the Omnia is more functional then Droid or any Android Device. But of course Android will get there its just amatter of time (I think).

Guest andredabomb92
@andredabomb92 whoops lol I meant end button lol power button would just sleep the phone hehe sowwy

As far as O2 im not liking it that much I didn't like the feel of the phone. DROID and TP2 even was solid O2 felt like it was hollow in the middle.

Touch was nice and the ui was a bit weird looking too colorful lol but that could just be me.

Because it felt like Samsung didnt have that much of a following (it had some that was good but listen more) I would pass the O2 if you want to fully

customize like with ROM's etc. I will always get a HTC phone if I ever went back to winmo. So imo if you had to get a phone right now today

I would say get the Imagio or Touch Pro 2 assuming that you want to stay with winmo.

trueee, but O2 is better than i910 right

Guest MrCapcom

@snapz54 THanks im sure im going DROID

@jaycarl there is a rom released thats being tested buy eugene over at alldroid.org, and the droid is rooted.

You can tether for free its a app i beleive u get from the market. THere are custom shells home++ GDE etc

you can view with documents to go and edit with it but u have to pay. THere are other programs but im pretty sure

you can find free apps the same way we did with winmo. Most of the places that have winmo free stuff have android

free stuff. you can load apps on the sd with app2sd u have to root ur droid but the way android works is different

than winmo. Most apps are only like 1 mb or lower and most of them just put a host file on ur mem then install

other files to SD. You can take better pics with the new 2.0.1 update.

@andredabomb92 Yes it is imo if you really like it get it. Its great spec wise but for me I like to tinker

if anything htc will be the great place because of XDA and DROID because its open source. So thats another

reason why I opted out of the O2

Guest eclsnowman
I'm having trouble aligning my screen. When I finish tapping the X's it starts over again. Can't get out of this screen. I have to pull the battery out.

It doesn't actually crash. Just go through the motions on the for corners and the center as if the x's were there. it will then finish the screen align. Once I did that the screen align worked as usual if you rerun it.

Guest andredabomb92
weird. When I try to align the alignment just restarts. Can't get out of it unless i reset.

i had this problem before, i think my screen was damaged, so i sent in back to verizon and got another one, but i had insurance of course

Guest Pearl Jam
weird. When I try to align the alignment just restarts. Can't get out of it unless i reset.

Ive had similar problems, but usually I just have to run through the process about 5 or 6 times (sometimes more) and it will eventually work for me. Try to be as consistant and steady with your hand as possible.

Im still getting the black screen of death WAY to often - how bout you?

Let me know if you find a solution

Guest jbr05ki

No BSOD for me. I'm using the latest build (28014). It's been stable thus far. What are you running?

Ive had similar problems, but usually I just have to run through the process about 5 or 6 times (sometimes more) and it will eventually work for me. Try to be as consistant and steady with your hand as possible.

Im still getting the black screen of death WAY to often - how bout you?

Let me know if you find a solution

Guest serbzero

this is the greatest ROM for the OMNIA. I've tried every rom on modaco, and each one had some bugs, even the last build from mr. Capcom 28008 (which I also loved, but it had too many bugs).

So far, 28014 is bug free for me, nice and quick, it doesn't shut down, battery is good, apps are stable, memory usage good, I'll be using it for a while.

thanks for all your hard work dude!

Ok, found part of the issues mentioned originally in the post, so I'm changing it.

Any reason why when you force a lock by holding down the "end call" key, it goes to plain, boring screen but when you let it autolock after a set period of time, it goes to a really cool screen?

Edited by B-Fire