Annoying omnia!

Guest PAULB7873

Guest PAULB7873

Ok, first off, im usuning blazing wolfs night cf03 rom and really like it. However, there are still things about this phone that make me want to chug it against the wall.

1. was the battery beep which i believe has been fixed. THANKS BLAZINGWOLF! couldn't stand the anoying beeping always coming from my phone.

2. does anyone notice that there gps programs both vz navigator and garmin xt seem to switch from handheld volume to speaker, and the only way for me to fix this is to go into my visual voice mail and chane the audio output. As well, if i am wearing my bluetooth headset i can change the audio output in visual voice mail and the gps programs will sound through my headset. Which i like when im wearing it. is there anyway of doing this without Visual voicemail?

3. Unlocking the phone! i work for comcast and am in the sun at all times. its hard for me to see and slide the cursor when i cant see it. is there anyway to change a setting where the front button can unluck the phone as well?

4. Battery life in general.. HORRIBLE! 6 hrs into my day the bluetooth is being shut off because of low battery. is this normal? i have looked up extended batterys and am considering buying one that comes with a bigger back plate. anyone have one? is the battery life better?

Thanks for any help,

PAUL

Guest s10camaro

1) yeah that was so annoying at work Thanks

2) not sure

3) cant you just use top button to turn screen off and not "lock" it. then to turn back on you hit any button? that will kinda work beside fact of 2 many butons

4) basically every phone ive owned sucks with bat. life when you have BT turned on. my omnia last 2 or more days on one charge but i dont use BT.

also using gps and wifi will drain it quick. you can run it dead using GPS in just about an hour or so. my suggestion is to use these feature sparingly or get a car charger and some extra wall chargers and leave then all over the place lol.

Edited by s10camaro

Guest strong sad
1) yeah that was so annoying at work Thanks

2) not sure

3) cant you just use top button to turn screen off and not "lock" it. then to turn back on you hit any button? that will kinda work beside fact of 2 many butons

4) basically every phone ive owned sucks with bat. life when you have BT turned on. my omnia last 2 or more days on one charge but i dont use BT.

also using gps and wifi will drain it quick. you can run it dead using GPS in just about an hour or so. my suggestion is to use these feature sparingly or get a car charger and some extra wall chargers and leave then all over the place lol.

1) I am using BW ROM and i still get that freaking low battery beep.....

2) I've haven't noticed because I never use the bluetooth headset for anything but talking on the phone, then when that is done I turn it off.

3) The slider is in the same spot everytime, if you don't want to use the top button too much you can add the xpShutup icon on your screen and just use that to turn off your screen so you don't have to worry about wareing that button out.

4) If you have your 3G connection on all the time, using GPS, bluetooth, and other features then yes your phone will die in 6 to 8. I turn off the bluetooth using the wireless manager when I am not using it which saves a ton of battery. I also don't have my phone sync to email during business hours since I am already at work at the moment and infront of my computer. Having my phone not sync during business horus and disconnecting from the 3G connection after using the internet lets my battery last for more than an entire day.

Guest Yelofnitsuj

I never lock my phone. I use the power button to shut off the screen and set it so only the power button can wake it up so I don't accidentally turn the phone on while it's in my pocket. I've never had a problem with it, the screen is only on when I want it.

Guest necosino
I never lock my phone. I use the power button to shut off the screen and set it so only the power button can wake it up so I don't accidentally turn the phone on while it's in my pocket. I've never had a problem with it, the screen is only on when I want it.

+1

Guest thejaff

I've had it turn on in my pocket using this method a couple times. This is how I usually lock the phone instead of using the sliding lock though. I just use the slide lock if somehow it keeps unlocking in my pocket.

Guest Majorair32
Ok, first off, im usuning blazing wolfs night cf03 rom and really like it. However, there are still things about this phone that make me want to chug it against the wall.

1. was the battery beep which i believe has been fixed. THANKS BLAZINGWOLF! couldn't stand the anoying beeping always coming from my phone.

2. does anyone notice that there gps programs both vz navigator and garmin xt seem to switch from handheld volume to speaker, and the only way for me to fix this is to go into my visual voice mail and chane the audio output. As well, if i am wearing my bluetooth headset i can change the audio output in visual voice mail and the gps programs will sound through my headset. Which i like when im wearing it. is there anyway of doing this without Visual voicemail?

3. Unlocking the phone! i work for comcast and am in the sun at all times. its hard for me to see and slide the cursor when i cant see it. is there anyway to change a setting where the front button can unluck the phone as well?

4. Battery life in general.. HORRIBLE! 6 hrs into my day the bluetooth is being shut off because of low battery. is this normal? i have looked up extended batterys and am considering buying one that comes with a bigger back plate. anyone have one? is the battery life better?

Thanks for any help,

PAUL

Paul the only suggestion I have it to use PocketShield locking software. It will use the light sensor to unlock the phone. Works very well. I havent tried it since the CF03 flash but it used to work just fine on the older cooked roms. PS. I bought a cheap 5 dollar window mount for my car and ran a car charger for the gps and then i have no issue but with bt on and 2 emails sync 15 min i get almost a whole day. Phone is at 20% at about 8pm and I unplug at about 8am moderate use only a few txt and phone calls a day though.

Guest PAULB7873
Paul the only suggestion I have it to use PocketShield locking software. It will use the light sensor to unlock the phone. Works very well. I havent tried it since the CF03 flash but it used to work just fine on the older cooked roms. PS. I bought a cheap 5 dollar window mount for my car and ran a car charger for the gps and then i have no issue but with bt on and 2 emails sync 15 min i get almost a whole day. Phone is at 20% at about 8pm and I unplug at about 8am moderate use only a few txt and phone calls a day though.

Thanks for all your help. just ordered the extended battery and am loving pocketshield!

Guest Tim-H
Thanks for all your help. just ordered the extended battery and am loving pocketshield!

You might already know this but when you get a new battery run it until its dead. Keep the phone off until its fully charged then run it until it is dead again without charging and charge fully once more with the phone off.

If you start to notice shorter and shorter battery life you can repeat this process and you should see an improvement.